4k rpm sweet spot.

Tom_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I had a nice couple of days on the bike last week. Part of it was a ride on HWY 17 in the Western Catskill Mountains of New York State USA. I don't usually dig the highway too much, but this time there was no air and no traffic. It was dusk. The bike was really humming beautifully. I guess it always does but I could really it enjoy on this ride. 4krpm in 5th gear is about 70-75 MPH for me. That is one fine sweet spot. I hope it stays this way forever because I am racking up the miles.

Happy trails.
 
I do enjoy a wide open highway where you can enjoy the hum of the engine. I sometimes duck behind my little windscreen just so I can hear it better. Glad you are enjoying the ride.
 
Tom_imp said:
I had a nice couple of days on the bike last week. Part of it was a ride on HWY 17 in the Western Catskill Mountains of New York State USA. I don't usually dig the highway too much, but this time there was no air and no traffic. It was dusk. The bike was really humming beautifully. I guess it always does but I could really it enjoy on this ride. 4krpm in 5th gear is about 70-75 MPH for me. That is one fine sweet spot. I hope it stays this way forever because I am racking up the miles.

Happy trails.
...agree, I love 4Krpm in my 6th......:biker:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Tom_imp said:
I had a nice couple of days on the bike last week. Part of it was a ride on HWY 17 in the Western Catskill Mountains of New York State USA. I don't usually dig the highway too much, but this time there was no air and no traffic. It was dusk. The bike was really humming beautifully. I guess it always does but I could really it enjoy on this ride. 4krpm in 5th gear is about 70-75 MPH for me. That is one fine sweet spot. I hope it stays this way forever because I am racking up the miles.

Happy trails.
...agree, I love 4Krpm in my 6th......:biker:
... I think 4K in 5th was even sweeter.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Tom_imp said:
I had a nice couple of days on the bike last week. Part of it was a ride on HWY 17 in the Western Catskill Mountains of New York State USA. I don't usually dig the highway too much, but this time there was no air and no traffic. It was dusk. The bike was really humming beautifully. I guess it always does but I could really it enjoy on this ride. 4krpm in 5th gear is about 70-75 MPH for me. That is one fine sweet spot. I hope it stays this way forever because I am racking up the miles.

Happy trails.
...agree, I love 4Krpm in my 6th......:biker:
... I think 4K in 5th was even sweeter.
... I think 4K in 5th was even sweeter.
Maybe sweeter but not faster!!..
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Tom_imp said:
I had a nice couple of days on the bike last week. Part of it was a ride on HWY 17 in the Western Catskill Mountains of New York State USA. I don't usually dig the highway too much, but this time there was no air and no traffic. It was dusk. The bike was really humming beautifully. I guess it always does but I could really it enjoy on this ride. 4krpm in 5th gear is about 70-75 MPH for me. That is one fine sweet spot. I hope it stays this way forever because I am racking up the miles.

Happy trails.
...agree, I love 4Krpm in my 6th......:biker:
... I think 4K in 5th was even sweeter.
... I think 4K in 5th was even sweeter.
Maybe sweeter but not faster!!..
Maybe sweeter but not faster!!..
You should re-test that and raise it to 7K.
 
I hit 4K once... maybe twice!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Tom_imp said:
I had a nice couple of days on the bike last week. Part of it was a ride on HWY 17 in the Western Catskill Mountains of New York State USA. I don't usually dig the highway too much, but this time there was no air and no traffic. It was dusk. The bike was really humming beautifully. I guess it always does but I could really it enjoy on this ride. 4krpm in 5th gear is about 70-75 MPH for me. That is one fine sweet spot. I hope it stays this way forever because I am racking up the miles.

Happy trails.
...agree, I love 4Krpm in my 6th......:biker:
... I think 4K in 5th was even sweeter.
... I think 4K in 5th was even sweeter.
Maybe sweeter but not faster!!..
Maybe sweeter but not faster!!..
You should re-test that and raise it to 7K.
Maybe sweeter but not faster!!..
You should re-test that and raise it to 7K.
I did twice - rev limiter :blush:
 
The ferret_imp said:
I hit 4K once... maybe twice!



I'm the ying to your yang.



259ab4a7d28acbd77540544e206c134e.jpg
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Tom_imp said:
I had a nice couple of days on the bike last week. Part of it was a ride on HWY 17 in the Western Catskill Mountains of New York State USA. I don't usually dig the highway too much, but this time there was no air and no traffic. It was dusk. The bike was really humming beautifully. I guess it always does but I could really it enjoy on this ride. 4krpm in 5th gear is about 70-75 MPH for me. That is one fine sweet spot. I hope it stays this way forever because I am racking up the miles.

Happy trails.
...agree, I love 4Krpm in my 6th......:biker:
... I think 4K in 5th was even sweeter.
... I think 4K in 5th was even sweeter.
Maybe sweeter but not faster!!..
Maybe sweeter but not faster!!..
You should re-test that and raise it to 7K.
Maybe sweeter but not faster!!..
You should re-test that and raise it to 7K.
I did twice - rev limiter :blush:
I did twice - rev limiter :blush:
Not according to Dubs plots above.

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17128&pid=301373#pid301373

449d891fd86720b765ae7fe45e57c883.jpg
 
I hate how buzzy my CB is around 4k-4.5k. I've either gotta go up to 5k and be speeding or slow down to below 4k to keep my fingers from rattling off from the buzziness.
 
tj_gee_imp said:
I hate how buzzy my CB is around 4k-4.5k. I've either gotta go up to 5k and be speeding or slow down to below 4k to keep my fingers from rattling off from the buzziness.
That is correct.

Some Grip Puppies actually help take the edge down.
 
Back
Top