4000 posts about the CB on ADVRIDER forum

I'm waiting for someone to go around the world on one. With the speed limited in place. :angel:
 
I find ADV to be almost unusable. Each topic has 3000 posts and it's impossible to follow. Impressive that it's so successful though, and commentary on just about every bike and genre can be found there.
 
Capo_imp said:
I find ADV to be almost unusable. Each topic has 3000 posts and it's impossible to follow. Impressive that it's so successful though, and commentary on just about every bike and genre can be found there.
And they seem like sharks over there. Constantly attacking each other and any bike they don't own. Their treatment of Jerryh (whoever he is) is not in any way polite.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
I find ADV to be almost unusable. Each topic has 3000 posts and it's impossible to follow. Impressive that it's so successful though, and commentary on just about every bike and genre can be found there.
And they seem like sharks over there. Constantly attacking each other and any bike they don't own. Their treatment of Jerryh (whoever he is) is not in any way polite.
And they seem like sharks over there. Constantly attacking each other and any bike they don't own. Their treatment of Jerryh (whoever he is) is not in any way polite.

I would think it would depend on what you're trying to use it for. There's a ton of info about camping off a bike, and gear/set-up. If all you're looking for is info on a particular bike, that's probably not the best place.

It can certainly be a rude place, but it's a matter of ignoring it. I've also found it helps to just put the people on ignore who don't contribute but insist on constantly posting tripe. Jerryh falls under that category. As do a number of his most ardent "fans". It turns out that not being able to see their posts does quite a bit to thin out some of the threads in Road warriors.
 
Some threads are good; like the one on Sutton Oil coolers for XR650L's (the guy is local to me and does commercial art - stuff you see in instruction manuals) and his manual is a work of art. People could take lessons from him on proper manuals; especially installation of new kit.

But too many epic threads (several are real time sinks; for interesting topic but also because there are a ton of useless posts to wade through while trying to catch the good stuff) so I only go there when google directs me there. In that sense it can be a huge resource.
 
avsbezzy_imp said:
Yes, you read it correctly, they are almost 4000 posts on the ADVRIDER forum (I am a member also).

Quite impressive for our beloved machines.

2013 + Honda CB1100

Real appreciative of that thread...Met Guth and a bunch of this forums members there back in Feb/ March 2013 starting about page 125-130 I think. I think Scooby was the first one to get one, and I was first to post pics of one in the wild, and Guth was waiting on an ABS model to come in.

It still amazes me that Guth, who's CB 1100 was only his second bike, and the first new bike he had ever bought had the foresight to start this forum

Thanks buddy :worship:
 
Ferret,

And thank goodness he did. I could never get registered over there and could never find a way to get hold of a moderator without being registered!?!

So then Guth opened this site and I gave up caring about registering on ADV. I do read the road warriors though.
 
ADV *can* be a great place to research a trip, a ride, an area, a bike. But one has to wade through a pile of bullcrap to get there sometimes.
 
I registered over there and also on a KLR forum...but never really went on. My wife would kill me if I spent time on another forum. She thinks I spend too much time on this one. :angel:
 
The ferret_imp said:
avsbezzy_imp said:
Yes, you read it correctly, they are almost 4000 posts on the ADVRIDER forum (I am a member also).

Quite impressive for our beloved machines.

2013 + Honda CB1100

Real appreciative of that thread...Met Guth and a bunch of this forums members there back in Feb/ March 2013 starting about page 125-130 I think. I think Scooby was the first one to get one, and I was first to post pics of one in the wild, and Guth was waiting on an ABS model to come in.

It still amazes me that Guth, who's CB 1100 was only his second bike, and the first new bike he had ever bought had the foresight to start this forum

Thanks buddy :worship:
Ah yes, the days of waiting. Like you, I found that thread to be a bit of a lifeline, clinging on to any bit of news or information that was offered up before I could find it. I enjoyed much of that exchange and the thought of that thread dying out was a bit of a bummer. That is what gave me the idea of starting a forum specifically for the CB1100. No other forums dedicated to the CB1100 had been launched back when I registered the domain, which I found a bit surprising. But here we are. Amazingly, it looks like that thread is still going.
 
Back
Top