2107 RS Rear Shocks on a 2013?

HondaJon_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Has anyone asked Mr. T if the rear shocks on the 17 RS will fit a 2013?

I am really not liking the cost of the Ohlins HO 239's......
 
How much are the RS shocks? Can't imagine they would be cheap.
 
Is anyone who swaps out their shocks actually paying any attention to spring rate, damping adjust-ability, etc... or just saying- it cost a bunch, must be good!!??!
 
Thread starter
Sent Mr. T an e-mail. I can't see them costing more than the Ohlins units. I may be wrong, but we'll see.

I'll check out the IKONS
 
I just saw a post in the last week or so where someone mentioned paying something like $500 each for a stock shock- insurance crash repair.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I don't think that's the right P/N for the RS shock. Parts catalog shows it as 52400-MGC-JD1, retailing over $700 each. Ohlins aren't looking so bad now.

I installed a pair ZXR1200R shocks on mine. I will post on a separate post under Accessories and Modifications.
 
Yes, pekingduck, a Google search on the part number HondaJon posted shows the shock for both 2013 models and the 2014 DLX. Curiously, the 2014 Standard bike has a different part number (52400-MGC-306).
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Yes, pekingduck, a Google search on the part number HondaJon posted shows the shock for both 2013 models and the 2014 DLX. Curiously, the 2014 Standard bike has a different part number (52400-MGC-306).
The 2014 Standard (black) model has black springs, hence the different part number. When a model is imported to the US, and a part is different from world specs, the part number changes. US uses the last 3 numbers of 305, 306, etc. to designate US-specific, (possibly heavier springs). You'll see it on turn signal and taillight assemblies and lenses, mirrors, and other DOT certified stuff too.
 
+1 for IKON

9e82edcac4ff363f2fd17dcff6542606.JPG

b9003887ff035b796bf2de91269e2ab2.JPG


aschem_imp said:
I think the IKON's are a good middle-ground between stock and Ohlin/HyperPro
 
Icons this or that way, but red springs are something, one has to get used to.
I'm not able to do that. The same goes for golden forks.

See no reason to change the original shocks, they are fine.
If you have ever ridden a W800, you know what I mean.
But its shocks also do fit for this kind of bike and contribute to its
character. Hihi!

Wisedrum
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Is anyone who swaps out their shocks actually paying any attention to spring rate, damping adjust-ability, etc... or just saying- it cost a bunch, must be good!!??!
Interesting post .... reminds me of the time I ordered a set of Progressive 440 shocks for my 2003 Bonneville. They rode worse than the stock shocks.

I had ordered the shocks from one of the on-line motorcycle superstores, and didn't think to ask if Progressive offered various spring rates.

I contacted Progressive, and the technician advised me that the spring weight on my shocks was way too stiff for the Bonneville and my weight (160#.) She advised me to ship the shocks to Progressive, and they would install the proper springs.

Original spring rate on 440 shocks: 120/170
Replaced with: spring rate of 105/150 .

All was good after they re-sprung my shocks.

Bob
 
progressive 490 shocks fit great for the Bonneville
flipped upside down and they worked great and look really nice
preload and rebound adjust
now a great riding bike
im 250 and the springs worked great for me
just preload up till your good
not a pic of my bike and i flipped mine as it was close to the pipe
wow that pic was big
 
Those are very cool looking shocks, as shocks go.
 
They are, aren't they?
 
Back
Top