2027 Rally Discussion.

the Ferret said:
Right you are suhawk .... I found rally photos from that year. That was the year Dianne and I came in her new Mustang Convertible and someone kindly let me ride their bike every day of the rally so that I could keep my daily riding streak going. Wonder where my shirt went? lol


here I am riding someone's 14 std on the Dragon (Third Gear Steve maybe?)

YFwYhI3.jpg

That was my bike. Lent it to you for the day while I was visiting friends.
 
Thread starter
Maybe I need something like this as a tow vehicle for the next rally.  

[attachment=1838]
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3545.webp
    IMG_3545.webp
    341.7 KB · Views: 131
Why? That's not as fancy as your truck!
 
WV in 2027?

I’ve been studying a map since the rally and actually on the way home in consideration of hosting the 2027 rally in WV. The ferret and I have been exchanging texts as well. I haven’t pinpointed a location yet that will provide for multiple routes.

If the A-man and Inhousebob want to pursue Western KY or rickcb SE Ohio, I will
defer to them.

Give me a few days or so to fully commit so that I can have ample time  to examine lodging facilities, dining, etc.

For now, it would be the same time period: 8/28-9/4/27.
Thoughts or comments appreciated!  :biker:
 
West Virginia is a great place to ride. One of the top states in the whole country.

"Almost Heaven"
 
Nice to hear from you cytocatlady. I was wondering about MrP the other day. Hope you're both well.
 
the Ferret said:
peterbaron said:
Lunchbag said:
I like the location and dates proposed by Mtneers.

ME too

PB any chance you are going to make one of our rallies??

I don't know anything until the last minute.
Two main obstacles : my wife doesnt' want me to ride to the US, and I don't like crossing the border heading south.

I have planned a visit for 2027 to a friend from grade 1 who lives in Australia, a trip that has been postponed every year since 2011.
I had planned in August/September for 4-5 weeks and now it's looking like 3 , mayby 4...?

But my inner voice tells me that we will meet soon..
 
Thread starter
Why doesn’t your wife like you riding in the U.S.? I’ve only crossed the border twice on a bike and I can see that it can be a bit of a hassle depending on where the crossing is; we lucked out with relatively short lines both ways, but I know it’s different at other spots.
 
Thread starter
Mtneers said:
WV in 2027?

I’ve been studying a map since the rally and actually on the way home in consideration of hosting the 2027 rally in WV. The ferret and I have been exchanging texts as well. I haven’t pinpointed a location yet that will provide for multiple routes.

If the A-man and Inhousebob want to pursue Western KY or rickcb SE Ohio, I will
defer to them.

Give me a few days or so to fully commit so that I can have ample time  to examine lodging facilities, dining, etc.

For now, it would be the same time period: 8/28-9/4/27.
Thoughts or comments appreciated!  :biker:

KY, WV, OH all can be, and have been great rally locations.   In WV, I’m slightly more intrigued by the Lewisburg area, but there are so many great roads and points of interests in the state that anywhere in it will be okey dokey with me.   Same is true for KY and OH. Cheryl and I are planning to be there regardless.   

Heat bothers me, but not as much as rain.  I’d like the rally dates to consider both, but most importantly, that they are available to the host and the would-be attendees.   Cheryl and I are planning to be there regardless.  

There’s been some conversation surrounding the distance of each group ride.   We do not mind being out all day, but if a particular day seemed to long for us, we’d just break from the group and return to base (more like deltamark and less like Kenny. Lol).  Cheryl and I are planning to be there regardless.
 
The wife and I will be traveling thru WV and will be staying in Lewisburg on October 4. I’ll have a look around while I’m there but we’ll not likely have a lot of time.
 
Back
Top