2025 East Coast Rally Official thread

Thread starter
"deltamark
I'm planning to make it there for a few nights with Hank, my canine monkey, although we'll be staying at a different hotel. Look forward to seeing everyone at the evening round circle chats! "


that is awesome to hear! We always look forward to the sidecar rig showing up! which hotel did you pick? There's one RIGHT next door to the Comfort Suites that some folks are picking.


Ride Day 4  :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:


This route was so good I rode it twice! But it was the hardest one in terms of finding food. Both of my first choice restaurants turned out to be problematic for a number of reasons. However, that's just a minor detail.  Pay it no mind, because this ride is peak fun! 

Google Maps



er0QJ8N.png


We're going to use a series of scenic and comfortable country roads like 93 and 347 to get from Kingsport to Rogersville, where we will take advantage of the famous Red Dog loop. This map consists of two excellent joyride roads back to back, in Route 66 and Route 70. We will cross the downtown area to pick up 66 first, and follow it North until we find our way to Sneedville and eventually Jonesville, VA.  There will be rest stops both before and after this road, because this is the kind of road that gets the blood up, and Rests are not to be found anywhere along 70.  When we leave Jonesville, we'll be on the roller coaster non stop until we get to our Lunch spot, the Hoot N Hollar Cafe, just north of Rogersville.  After lunch things will get a lot more relaxing, as we'll cross Rogersville once again and follow 70 farther down until it connects to the Horton Highway, ending on another relaxing country road.  All told this 154 Mile route is a Moderate challenge and distance (taking into account how late in the week this route will be).   I wanted to put this one late in the week because It really was designed to showcase the character of Tennessee as a riding destination, rather than dragging you to different states for every ride. 

Stay tuned for my upcoming post on the last ride of the Rally, Day 5.
 
Yes, I'm planning to stay at the place next to the Comfort Suites. It appears that they do allow dogs. Woof!

misterprofessionality:

that is awesome to hear!  We always look forward to the sidecar rig showing up!  which hotel did you pick?  There's one RIGHT next door to the Comfort Suites that some folks are picking.

 
misterprofessionality said:
"deltamark
I'm planning to make it there for a few nights with Hank, my canine monkey, although we'll be staying at a different hotel. Look forward to seeing everyone at the evening round circle chats! "


that is awesome to hear!  We always look forward to the sidecar rig showing up!  which hotel did you pick?  There's one RIGHT next door to the Comfort Suites that some folks are picking.


Ride Day 4  :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:


This route was so good I rode it twice! But it was the hardest one in terms of finding food. Both of my first choice restaurants turned out to be problematic for a number of reasons. However, that's just a minor detail.  Pay it no mind, because this ride is peak fun! 

Google Maps



er0QJ8N.png


We're going to use a series of scenic and comfortable country roads like 93 and 347 to get from Kingsport to Rogersville, where we will take advantage of the famous Red Dog loop. This map consists of two excellent joyride roads back to back, in Route 66 and Route 70. We will cross the downtown area to pick up 66 first, and follow it North until we find our way to Sneedville and eventually Jonesville, VA.  There will be rest stops both before and after this road, because this is the kind of road that gets the blood up, and Rests are not to be found anywhere along 70.  When we leave Jonesville, we'll be on the roller coaster non stop until we get to our Lunch spot, the Hoot N Hollar Cafe, just north of Rogersville.  After lunch things will get a lot more relaxing, as we'll cross Rogersville once again and follow 70 farther down until it connects to the Horton Highway, ending on another relaxing country road.  All told this 154 Mile route is a Moderate challenge and distance (taking into account how late in the week this route will be).   I wanted to put this one late in the week because It really was designed to showcase the character of Tennessee as a riding destination, rather than dragging you to different states for every ride. 

Stay tuned for my upcoming post on the last ride of the Rally, Day 5.



Looks like you're putting together a spectacular set of rides.  Wish I could make it.
 
Thread starter
deltamark said:
Yes, I'm planning to stay at the place next to the Comfort Suites. It appears that they do allow dogs. Woof!








I'll just let that be a tip/trick to anybody out there that was considering coming but just didn't like the admittedly difficult pricing of the Comfort Suites.  I chose that hotel because it was a really great experience and it had everything we needed for a great time.  HOWEVER.  There's a Quality Inn literally right next door.  people staying there would only have to take a stroll up the hill to hang out with the the group. It's basically like staying at the same hotel, and the pricing is way more favorable.  

Last minute attendees, if you were worried about the cost of the trip, check this out:  

Google Maps

https://www.choicehotels.com/tennes...H5wgdRtk7HaPy6kiP0y_trghDFSbrdVxoCaUkQAvD_BwE
 
Thread starter
Ride Day 5  :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:
The final day of this years rally is meant to be a nice and relaxing sendoff, with another Tennessee focused excursion. Since we've spent the entire time so far trying to find exotic and exciting locations and famous roads, I thought it would be a treat to ride around on some of the local country roads right in the back yard of Kingsport. With a sprinkling of local scenery, a Historic downtown, and a really solid river runner, this one was a good time during the test run, though I did do it at about 25mph faster than rally pace, so your level of excitement may vary. 
Google Maps
OL0ELqg.jpeg

Right off the bat you can see that the trip for Friday will be a shorter one. I don't want to brutalize everybody after 4-5 days of adventure, so I purposely built this one to be an easy day. We'll come out of Kingsport on the Horton Highway, a road we've used already at this point and take our time picking through the mild curves until we find the first highlight of the ride. A left turn will carry us down Doty Chapel road, which is a remote but well designed farm road crossing the riverlands.  For those of you that remember our rally in Ohio, you'll feel a familiar feeling on this road.  Lots of fun hills, drops, farm lands, and a loose goat here and there.  The turns come up fairly suddenly and keep you awake, but the road itself never feels dangerous or sketchy.  
HcHiUvY.jpeg

Doty Chapel will eventually take us down past 351 and drop us right in front of our first rest stop at the G Fellers country store.  This is basically a glorified gas station, but you'll have plenty to drink, toilets, and all that as confirmed by my last visit. We'll rest a short while here before taking the highway westward a short bit to connect with the Main Event.  107 -70 -208 - 212 - 352 sounds complicated but it's basically just one killer road that you can't get lost on. Some of you that have been in this area before may even recognize it as the way to reach the famous Rattler 209 in North Carolina. We won't be going there, however, citing some serious road damage that's still present on the southbound side. Instead we'll turn up a fabulous river runner that will take us through miles and miles of smooth curves all the way up to the Nolichucky River and Erwin, TN.  I practically didn't need to test this route because I've been on it many times with Cytocatlady and SCCBrider. What a stunning ride this one is.  I couldn't let you go home without a little more excitement. 
DxuxJfV.jpeg

After another short rest stop in Erwin, and a fuel fill up, we'll continue north on 107 (again? don't ask me how there are two 107's in Tennessee) toward the historic old time town of Jonesborough. We'll cruise right into the downtown main drag, and park near our lunch spot, Buzzed Wings, which seems to me to be a reliable haunt in the area.  There's also any number of small cafes right there within walking distance if you'd like to stroll around town and get something less adulterated. Following lunch we'll make our way north up hwy 83 (another repeat road from this week) and cruise into Kingsport with another Rally behind us. 
 
[quote="misterprofessionality" pid='270151' dateline='1754678151']
Ride Day 5  :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker: :biker:
The final day of this years rally is meant to be a nice and relaxing sendoff, with another Tennessee focused excursion. Since we've spent the entire time so far trying to find exotic and exciting locations and famous roads, I thought it would be a treat to ride around on some of the local country roads right in the back yard of Kingsport. With a sprinkling of local scenery, a Historic downtown, and a really solid river runner, this one was a good time during the test run, though I did do it at about 25mph faster than rally pace, so your level of excitement may vary. 
Google Maps
OL0ELqg.jpeg

Right off the bat you can see that the trip for Friday will be a shorter one. I don't want to brutalize everybody after 4-5 days of adventure, so I purposely built this one to be an easy day. We'll come out of Kingsport on the Horton Highway, a road we've used already at this point and take our time picking through the mild curves until we find the first highlight of the ride. A left turn will carry us down Doty Chapel road, which is a remote but well designed farm road crossing the riverlands.  For those of you that remember our rally in Ohio, you'll feel a familiar feeling on this road.  Lots of fun hills, drops, farm lands, and a loose goat here and there.  The turns come up fairly suddenly and keep you awake, but the road itself never feels dangerous or sketchy.  
HcHiUvY.jpeg

Doty Chapel will eventually take us down past 351 and drop us right in front of our first rest stop at the G Fellers country store.  This is basically a glorified gas station, but you'll have plenty to drink, toilets, and all that as confirmed by my last visit. We'll rest a short while here before taking the highway westward a short bit to connect with the Main Event.  107 -70 -208 - 212 - 352 sounds complicated but it's basically just one killer road that you can't get lost on. Some of you that have been in this area before may even recognize it as the way to reach the famous Rattler 209 in North Carolina. We won't be going there, however, citing some serious road damage that's still present on the southbound side. Instead we'll turn up a fabulous river runner that will take us through miles and miles of smooth curves all the way up to the Nolichucky River and Erwin, TN.  I practically didn't need to test this route because I've been on it many times with Cytocatlady and SCCBrider. What a stunning ride this one is.  I couldn't let you go home without a little more excitement. 
DxuxJfV.jpeg

After another short rest stop in Erwin, and a fuel fill up, we'll continue north on 107 (again? don't ask me how there are two 107's in Tennessee) toward the historic old time town of Jonesborough. We'll cruise right into the downtown main drag, and park near our lunch spot, Buzzed Wings, which seems to me to be a reliable haunt in the area.  There's also any number of small cafes right there within walking distance if you'd like to stroll around town and get something less adulterated. Following lunch we'll make our way north up hwy 83 (another repeat road from this week) and cruise into Kingsport with another Rally behind us. 
[/QUOTE]

Misterprofessionality for President in 2028--A Leader Who Can Truly Lead :)
 
Thread starter
Howdy rallygoers and spectators, it's time now to gather all the relevant contact information for participants, So I'm going to call on you to help me fill in the contact gaps from my existing list. The following people lack a Phone number, email, and emergency contact in my records.  If you don't appear on this list, I already have everything I need.  The only reason you would need to contact me is if you want to change any information you've previously given.  If you DO appear on this list, please send me a forum message (please don't post personal information publicly).

*  Redbird
*  Lunchbag
*  Deltamark (I have your contact info, but I don't have your emergency contact info)
*  belray11
*  Emptysea (I have your contact info, but I don't have your emergency contact info)
*  Cheryl (guest of Emptysea)
 
michael1954 said:
Hopefully one of these days the Ride will be nearer to me and when it is a lot cooler!

If you build it they will come! Probably...
Arkansas was the only far south rally and it was not well attended. Those who showed raved about it, though!
I rode around Victoria, TX on a CB400F Super Sport for a few months in 1980. The country roads down there are flat but unhurried. I'd come down!
 
Thread starter
Just one more small Route update:

I will make this known on the group text but if anybody is using a traditional GPS on their bike and would like the maps in .GPX format, I do have the files and will email them on demand. Just let me know.

Secondly, If anybody is going to be running an on-board camera during the rides Please make yourself known here. Also If anybody is big on taking vacation photos and expects to be taking lots of pictures this trip, make yourself known here. I want to know who I need to hit up for any recorded materials throughout the rally. I'm planning to funnel any media I can get my hands on to other social media outlets like Tonnit and Facebook to see if I can get more eyes on the forum as a result.

I know some of us are going to take some good pictures like Ferret and SCCBrider, and I will be running a chest cam sometimes during the rides.
 
I wish I could be there with everyone. It is going to be a fantastic event.

Thank you misterprofessionality for being the historian and archivist. Capturing CB1100s and those who ride them in a group setting is phenomenal. It is the equivalent of finding a herd of unicorns. :)
 
Thread starter
Technology update!

Cytocatlady and i have conducted extensive research and have now cracked the code on getting Cardo and Sena headsets to talk in the same group. We should be able to keep everybody in the loop for the first time this year!
 
That's almost as clever as getting MacOS to run on a Windows-based machine. :thumbsup:
 
As an intrepid explorer who has failed at such an ambitious endeavor, I salute your achievement and will be excited to witness an historic first!
 
From what I understand my Cardo Freecom 4+ will link to a Cardo system, but to only 2 other units. It does not have a mesh system.
 
Thread starter
Ferret: youre right about that. Without Mesh you need a direct bluetooth link to be able to talk to anybody. Do you want to borrow a spare headset?
 
Back
Top