2024 Daytona 660

The Gecko_imp said:
Despite all the excitement (yours before delivery, and other when chiming in) ....
did I understand right, you bought a motorcycle on which you never had a chance to sit, and for one minute feel fit and ergonomy ?
Or did they have a demonstrator in the shop ?
I've ordered lots of new bikes over the years without ever having sat on one.

The CBs were not even available to be sat on when I ordered them. Heck I ordered my first CB in November 2012 and they didnt come into this country until March of 2013.
 
Thread starter
The Gecko_imp said:
Despite all the excitement (yours before delivery, and other when chiming in) ....
did I understand right, you bought a motorcycle on which you never had a chance to sit, and for one minute feel fit and ergonomy ?
Or did they have a demonstrator in the shop ?
Yes, this is me "The Gecko" :) I can be a bit impulsive at times and just took a liking to this bike and ordered without a test ride. It is designed as a relaxed pseudo sports-bike and in reality it doesn't have an aggressive stance. Seat to peg is a tiny bit shorter than the Trident which I have sat on but that will be offset as the pegs are set a little further back. Never going to travel the world on it granted but it will do me for the days I want a light simple bike to scratch on. This type of mid range bike was what I was looking for when I picked up the CB1100 but I was tempted away buy the shiny EX!:D The EX stays though as it is a sunk cost.
 
Please do not sell her (as your last sentence indicate), she will pay you many times over.
Love to hear about rides on your new girl !!

A friend bought a Z900RS the other day, and in simple terms of weight and how happy this engine revs, this is an amazing bike. Probably not far from your definition of a lighter alternative to fool around with. ANyway we have planned a few spring rides together, switching bikes every 30 miles or so, on many different roads. I am looking forward to comparing the two "retros" side by side.
 
Just wanted to say, when picking up my Thruxton yesterday I noticed that they had a Daytona 660 in the showroom...they let me take it fora short spin. Absolutely fun little bike but more aggressive than I thought. I just love that triple.
 
Dang it’s new Triumph Fever up in here!

Yesterday, was out to lunch with Mrs G and Mom, and a guy rode into the restaurant parking lot on a Triumph triple, think it was a Trident. Sounded awesome. Wanted to invent a reason to excuse myself to run out to the parking lot to see what kind of exhaust he had put on it, but by the time I could, he had picked up whatever take-out he was there for and was gone.

Gee, thanks AI Algorithm. My YouTube feed just loaded up a bunch of Triumph Triple videos for me to snack on.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Dang it’s new Triumph Fever up in here!

Yesterday, was out to lunch with Mrs G and Mom, and a guy rode into the restaurant parking lot on a Triumph triple, think it was a Trident. Sounded awesome. Wanted to invent a reason to excuse myself to run out to the parking lot to see what kind of exhaust he had put on it, but by the time I could, he had picked up whatever take-out he was there for and was gone.

Gee, thanks AI Algorithm. My YouTube feed just loaded up a bunch of Triumph Triple videos for me to snack on.
:D
The Gecko_imp said:
Please do not sell her (as your last sentence indicate), she will pay you many times over.
Love to hear about rides on your new girl !!

A friend bought a Z900RS the other day, and in simple terms of weight and how happy this engine revs, this is an amazing bike. Probably not far from your definition of a lighter alternative to fool around with. ANyway we have planned a few spring rides together, switching bikes every 30 miles or so, on many different roads. I am looking forward to comparing the two "retros" side by side.
Let us know how you get on. :thumbsup:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Just wanted to say, when picking up my Thruxton yesterday I noticed that they had a Daytona 660 in the showroom...they let me take it fora short spin. Absolutely fun little bike but more aggressive than I thought. I just love that triple.
Yes, it is more aggressive than the Ninja 650 but not as extreme as the Yamaha R7, bit of a halfway house. I have lower back problems and a little forward lean does actually help me in that regard, it's like mini traction :D.
 
Back
Top