2024 Daytona 660

Tev62

Road warrior
Thread starter
Well, after misterprofessionality placed his order for that stunning Thruxton FE and got pangs of jealousy! :s

I just put a deposit down on the new 2024 Triumph Daytona 660. I know, what was I thinking? Totally impractical, no good for travelling, built to a budget, no gadgets (which I quite like) and a small engine. Will my back, wrists and legs take it? Well, it is a very mild sporty position like all of these budget mid range bikes now so I'm sure I will be fine. I only plan on keeping it a year and will try and recoup my depreciation with some YouTube videos. There are three on the way to Dublin, a grey one in March and one white, one red in May. So it's grey then! :celebrate:

 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Ah, spring is in the air here at the Forum.

Congratulations Tev!
Thats exactly what I was thinking gold haha

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Congrats on the future purchase, Tev62. When I bought my W800 café version in Sept of '21, I was a little concerned if my nearing 60 year body could take the (for me) hunched, forward riding position, which was a first for me. While tight, I found it exhilirating. I wouldn't want to do a long-distance, multi-day trip on it, but I did a few all day trips and was generally fine with normal stops. And my plan was keep it for a year, which I did, and rode it 4500 miles. The difference between what I fully paid and what I recouped came out to $100 a month...some of the best money I've spent.

Hope you enjoy it!
 
Tev62_imp said:
Well, after misterprofessionality placed his order for that stunning Thruxton FE and got pangs of jealousy! :s

I just put a deposit down on the new 2024 Triumph Daytona 660. I know, what was I thinking? Totally impractical, no good for travelling, built to a budget, no gadgets (which I quite like) and a small engine. Will my back, wrists and legs take it? Well, it is a very mild sporty position like all of these budget mid range bikes now so I'm sure I will be fine. I only plan on keeping it a year and will try and recoup my depreciation with some YouTube videos. There are three on the way to Dublin, a grey one in March and one white, one red in May. So it's grey then! :celebrate:
lol

Tev62_imp said:
Well, after misterprofessionality placed his order for that stunning Thruxton FE and got pangs of jealousy! :s

I just put a deposit down on the new 2024 Triumph Daytona 660. I know, what was I thinking? Totally impractical, no good for travelling, built to a budget, no gadgets (which I quite like) and a small engine. Will my back, wrists and legs take it? Well, it is a very mild sporty position like all of these budget mid range bikes now so I'm sure I will be fine. I only plan on keeping it a year and will try and recoup my depreciation with some YouTube videos. There are three on the way to Dublin, a grey one in March and one white, one red in May. So it's grey then! :celebrate:
Don't fool yourself....that 660 Triple will punch harder than your CB1100 if you keep it on the boil..especially with the weight difference. Source: ridden two version of this 660 triple already.
 
Congrats Tev, whenever I read a review of any Triumph m/c, it seems that the testers have been (made) happy.
You will have fun with her ... unless the you can't find any more enough space in your garage for her (a serious possibility as much as I remember other posts or yours).
;)
 
Congratulations, Tev. I’m sure grey will suit you.
 
Unfamiliar with it... but googled it...

You'll get no complaints from me...especially with the price considered...

"new cylinder head, different camshafts, a new crankshaft, a new 3-into-1 exhaust system, and most notably a new triple throttle body arrangement in place of the Trident’s single throttle body."

YEA!!!

I've never heard a 3cyl... but love odd engines (which is funny given I own a 'boring' I4 Honda)...

Which color did you get?

If you were local- I'd swap with you for a ride on my Aprilia Tuono 660 factory.
 
Nice! I test rode a Trident at a show demo when they first came out and liked it. Good feel, great power delivery.

Sorta jealous. Not perjure myself for a special edition Thruxton jealous, but jealous.
 
Didn't anyone save some of the Covid $$ hand-outs that governments seemed to have lost track?

Would have helped with this Spring Fever right about now.
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
small motor? lol. 95 hp @440 lbs is pretty darn decent. one of the best all round bikes i have ever ridden was a 1st gen street triple 675-r. it just did everything well . Congrats.
Cheers m in sc. Yes, looking forward to the light weight I will say. Now it will just be me that needs to lose a few pounds on the belly! :blush:
I had ordered the Granite version (Grey) as that was looking like a late March delivery. My first choice was white but that pushed delivery to May. Dealer and Triumph to the rescue! The units were switched and I get my first choice colour, "Snowdonia White".



 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Unfamiliar with it... but googled it...

You'll get no complaints from me...especially with the price considered...

"new cylinder head, different camshafts, a new crankshaft, a new 3-into-1 exhaust system, and most notably a new triple throttle body arrangement in place of the Trident’s single throttle body."

YEA!!!

I've never heard a 3cyl... but love odd engines (which is funny given I own a 'boring' I4 Honda)...

Which color did you get?

If you were local- I'd swap with you for a ride on my Aprilia Tuono 660 factory.
Grey initially but managed to get the white one which was my first choice. The standard 660 Tuono is on offer here at the moment and within a few hundred € of the Daytona. At that offer price a better specified bike, much lighter, better dash, adjustable suspension, it was hard to pass up. That and the new Suzuki GSX-8R were the two contending options. The Triumph took the order based on the fact I already own a Daytona 1200 ('95) and I have a good relationship with the dealer.
 
Tev62_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Unfamiliar with it... but googled it...

You'll get no complaints from me...especially with the price considered...

"new cylinder head, different camshafts, a new crankshaft, a new 3-into-1 exhaust system, and most notably a new triple throttle body arrangement in place of the Trident’s single throttle body."

YEA!!!

I've never heard a 3cyl... but love odd engines (which is funny given I own a 'boring' I4 Honda)...

Which color did you get?

If you were local- I'd swap with you for a ride on my Aprilia Tuono 660 factory.
Grey initially but managed to get the white one which was my first choice. The standard 660 Tuono is on offer here at the moment and within a few hundred € of the Daytona. At that offer price a better specified bike, much lighter, better dash, adjustable suspension, it was hard to pass up. That and the new Suzuki GSX-8R were the two contending options. The Triumph took the order based on the fact I already own a Daytona 1200 ('95) and I have a good relationship with the dealer.

I'd say your Daytona is a better looking bike. The Ape may beat it on spec... but as long as yours is close to as comfortable...and sounds cool- no complaint from me.

I'd love to hear what it sounds like with 3 cyl and ITB
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Unfamiliar with it... but googled it...

You'll get no complaints from me...especially with the price considered...

"new cylinder head, different camshafts, a new crankshaft, a new 3-into-1 exhaust system, and most notably a new triple throttle body arrangement in place of the Trident’s single throttle body."

YEA!!!

I've never heard a 3cyl... but love odd engines (which is funny given I own a 'boring' I4 Honda)...

Which color did you get?

If you were local- I'd swap with you for a ride on my Aprilia Tuono 660 factory.
Grey initially but managed to get the white one which was my first choice. The standard 660 Tuono is on offer here at the moment and within a few hundred € of the Daytona. At that offer price a better specified bike, much lighter, better dash, adjustable suspension, it was hard to pass up. That and the new Suzuki GSX-8R were the two contending options. The Triumph took the order based on the fact I already own a Daytona 1200 ('95) and I have a good relationship with the dealer.

I'd say your Daytona is a better looking bike. The Ape may beat it on spec... but as long as yours is close to as comfortable...and sounds cool- no complaint from me.

I'd love to hear what it sounds like with 3 cyl and ITB
I'll post a video of the "rasp" when it comes in :thumbsup:
 
Despite all the excitement (yours before delivery, and other when chiming in) ....
did I understand right, you bought a motorcycle on which you never had a chance to sit, and for one minute feel fit and ergonomy ?
Or did they have a demonstrator in the shop ?
 
Back
Top