2023 Moto Guzzi V85TT

GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Thanks GO.
Very sure you enjoyed your test ride.
All for all, including look, ride, excitement, etc, etc, without going into details and $$$.... will you buy one or still contemplating about swapping bikes??
Thanks PB.

The goal is to add to my garageless collection. :dodgy:

Easier said than done. Negotiations are ongoing.

Thanks [url=http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454]PB.

The goal is to add to my garageless collection. :dodgy:

Easier said than done. Negotiations are ongoing.
So, how far did you go from this point??
 
The Mandello is going to cannabalize sales from the TT even though it’s about $4-$5k more expensive. It’s getting great reviews saying it is the best bike Guzzi has ever made. I am already seeing big discounts on TT’s in Southern California. I have ridden several Guzzi’s. I am too tall for the TT with those cylinder heads getting in my way. I am going to set my sights on a used Mandello in a few years from now once all the bugs have been worked out. It will have bugs since it is an Italian bike. They can be difficult to work on as well as there are a tin of electronics that occasionally need software updates and you can’t reset any maintenance lights without their computer system.
 
Umm I think I'll disagree that the V100 is taking sales away from V85TT's, at least many. Really about the only thing the two have in common is the name Moto Guzzi. It would be akin to saying Harley's all new liquid cooled Sportster is taking sales from Electra Glides. The V85 is a slightly larger, roomier, air cooled, 19" wheel, adventure motorcycle. The V100 is a modern sport touring, liquid cooled motorcycle with 17" front wheel.
IMO the new Stelvio will take sales from V85TT's as they're the same type motorcycle, one traditional almost retro, the other modern and more powerful. But the Stelvio will be even more expensive than the V100 so there'll be a pretty big price difference.
 
Thread starter
Ollie_imp said:
Umm I think I'll disagree that the V100 is taking sales away from V85TT's, at least many. Really about the only thing the two have in common is the name Moto Guzzi. It would be akin to saying Harley's all new liquid cooled Sportster is taking sales from Electra Glides. The V85 is a slightly larger, roomier, air cooled, 19" wheel, adventure motorcycle. The V100 is a modern sport touring, liquid cooled motorcycle with 17" front wheel.
IMO the new Stelvio will take sales from V85TT's as they're the same type motorcycle, one traditional almost retro, the other modern and more powerful. But the Stelvio will be even more expensive than the V100 so there'll be a pretty big price difference.
(+1) Agreed.

Plus, the V85TT is a tractor. The expensive V100-Mandello and the anticipated V100-Stelvio are not tractors.

Some Guzzi owners want the tractor. :)
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
my buddy has the new v85, we actually call it 'the sport tractor'

ive never been a guzzi fan, they just dont do it for me and ive ridden a few. but they are great bikes, he loves his.
:rofl: - too funny.





:bacon:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
m in sc_imp said:
my buddy has the new v85, we actually call it 'the sport tractor'

ive never been a guzzi fan, they just dont do it for me and ive ridden a few. but they are great bikes, he loves his.
:rofl: - too funny.





:bacon:
:rofl: - too funny.
I've heard, the Moto Guzzi company startet up in the very beginning with building motors for concrete mixers. May be there is still a sense of that heritage. :cool:
 
Moto Guzzi V7 (Mod. 2008)

"Guzzis erster V-Twin war Ende der 50er Jahre ursprünglich als Alternativ-Antrieb für den Fiat 500 konzipiert worden (und NICHT als Betonmischer-Motor, was fälschlicherweise immer wieder kolportiert wird),..."

Dear Django, the article in a German motorbike magazine has a different explanation for the development of the Guzzi V-Twin.

It was developed as an alternative engine for the Fiat 500 and not as beton mixer.

Before buying the CB1100 I rode a relative new but used Calfornia 1100. I liked the feel of how it could be ridden and the way the engine worked. But something soon went wrong with valves which could only be repaired by opening the engine in a kind of a 'heart operation'. I quickly came to end of my Guzzi experience, gave the motorbike back to the dealer and changed it for the CB, which in my eyes is the much better motorbike with a feel of its own. Different to a Guzzi V-engine but not worther. My Guzzi days will not be picked up again or be continued. I'll stay with the CB. Some Guzzis, especially the old ones, are nice to look at but that's it for me.
 
What many people don't realize is that while Guzzi has been making motorcycles for over 100 years now, the 90* longitudinal, V2 engine wasn't used until about 1969. Most Moto Guzzi's have been singles but they've made other engines for motorcycles as well including a V8.

Who here has a Moto Guzzi? The three I'm aware of are Kiowaeagle, Gold Oxide, and myself, all with V85TT's. I also have a California 1400.
 
We've had several Guzzi's in the family including a 125 Stornello (my dad) an 850 Eldorado (my younger brother) and a V7 (my nephew) but don't own any currently. I have ridden several of them including all those listed above plus a Breva 750 and a Griso, and have come to the conclusion I am just not one of Guzzi's target audiences, which is too bad because I like how they look. The new Mandello really appeals to me, but I know it's not a match for me.
 
I like the Mandello also but that style motorcycle is not for me either. The dealer up the road in MD had 3 or 4 Mandellos on the floor and is probably discounting them now. They have new 2021 V7 850 Stones for $5,999.
 
I rode the mandello two days ago for a bit more than an hour. I'm starting to think that Euro 5 is a big problem for people who like to feel their engine move inside its casings.
Great bike. Pretty big bike but still feels more like a big roadster rather than a small trail. The V85 is larger in size and ride posture. Surprisingly I felt I had the same angle in the knees as in my CB. So not any more comfortable in terms of position.
Good job with the wind management, not a peep if wind disturbance in both windscreen positions !
Very nice engine, feels a bit like a liquid cooled boxer 1200 from BMW in the elasticity of the rev range, maybe a bit more refined and little less grunt, which I'm not sure I like.
It tends to stay upright so you need to really push it into turns. Solid chassis. Front end is still clearer on the CB1100 but that's probably due to the distance to the road and tire choice.

I was thinking about it to add to my CB but the upgrade and benefits aren't worth 15.500€ in my opinion. If I didn't already have the CB, yeah I'd seriously consider it.
 
Went to a multi brand dealer and saw these beauties:

d00814c2147c95e8bcb545c34ad81d3f.jpg


81cffbb06719e117d0bb96a925495ae7.jpg


940ba3bb671a629721de201b8d11ce2d.jpg


68f0e8a74389a0fbf00afdc8c939019e.jpg
 
Back
Top