2022 Honda CB1100RS Final Edition photos

jerrycon_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I took a few photos of the 2022 Honda CB1100RS Final Edition that I saw at a car/motorcycle exhibition in a shopping mall in Thailand. Price as of 20221206 is approximately USD 16,000.

9c95ff05e8e5504a0cb196f443ecd4f4.jpg


b307d79d217257440baad07188a42d9b.jpg


4beab1c503344a162ce206707ac53926.jpg


9844207b3a22ea02c41022b2e2a6d6da.jpg
 
Very interesting. Looking at the symbols on the decal on the rear, assuming the arrow pointing toward the “danger zone” for something must be emissions?
 
2010-2022 not a bad run. Too bad here in the states we only got a couple of those years/models
 
Frulk_imp said:
Matte paint is a trend I hope the manufacturers get past soon.
I'm with you on that one. Boy, this is a very different bike than my 2013, from the tires to the engine, suspension, even the frame. Hardly the same bike.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Matte paint is a trend I hope the manufacturers get past soon.
I'm with you on that one. Boy, this is a very different bike than my 2013, from the tires to the engine, suspension, even the frame. Hardly the same bike.

Frame might be the same. Engine is the same other than the clutch. Throttlebodies are the same.

But yea- pretty much everything around the engine is changed, even if similar.

Anyone have a shot of the cluster? I think it is the same.

I'm still waiting for a '17+ steering stem to pop up cheap on Ebay.
Edit- just saw you said '13- so yea- different cluster than 14+, and only a 5 speed...
 
Shiny is shiny. I like the matte...especially the blue. It's a tank I'd consider for my '17ex. Ideally, Honda would provide both--they already have non-matte colors, so they could easily make selections available.

What does look strange to me:

1) the brown seat / copper wheels combo...bleh.
2) right side engine case looks nice in silver/nickel..but the left side is silver front part / black rear part...unbalanced for me. I would tip over.
 
I think the final offering is fine. Maybe a fitting exit to appear different when really the model was near right from the get go.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Matte paint is a trend I hope the manufacturers get past soon.
I'm with you on that one. Boy, this is a very different bike than my 2013, from the tires to the engine, suspension, even the frame. Hardly the same bike.

Frame might be the same. Engine is the same other than the clutch. Throttlebodies are the same.

But yea- pretty much everything around the engine is changed, even if similar.

Anyone have a shot of the cluster? I think it is the same.

I'm still waiting for a '17+ steering stem to pop up cheap on Ebay.
Edit- just saw you said '13- so yea- different cluster than 14+, and only a 5 speed...

Frame might be the same. Engine is the same other than the clutch. Throttlebodies are the same.

But yea- pretty much everything around the engine is changed, even if similar.

Anyone have a shot of the cluster? I think it is the same.

I'm still waiting for a '17+ steering stem to pop up cheap on Ebay.
Edit- just saw you said '13- so yea- different cluster than 14+, and only a 5 speed...
Dubs, you know a lot more about these things than I do, so take a close look at the top of the engine. It looks very different to me. The valve covers are not the same at all. That jumped out at me. What do you think? The tires are much larger and the frame around the back of the seat looks a lot different too. Those are the things I was referring to. Thanks for your comments.
 
I think that’s plastic wrap around the top of the valve cover that makes it look different. Looks like normal cover in shiny black under the plastic.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I think that’s plastic wrap around the top of the valve cover that makes it look different. Looks like normal cover in shiny black under the plastic.
Ah, yes. Got it. I downloaded and enlarged the picture and you are right. Thanks Gone. I thought they had completely re-done the valve cover. Easily confused I am.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
Matte paint is a trend I hope the manufacturers get past soon.
I'm with you on that one. Boy, this is a very different bike than my 2013, from the tires to the engine, suspension, even the frame. Hardly the same bike.

Frame might be the same. Engine is the same other than the clutch. Throttlebodies are the same.

But yea- pretty much everything around the engine is changed, even if similar.

Anyone have a shot of the cluster? I think it is the same.

I'm still waiting for a '17+ steering stem to pop up cheap on Ebay.
Edit- just saw you said '13- so yea- different cluster than 14+, and only a 5 speed...

Frame might be the same. Engine is the same other than the clutch. Throttlebodies are the same.

But yea- pretty much everything around the engine is changed, even if similar.

Anyone have a shot of the cluster? I think it is the same.

I'm still waiting for a '17+ steering stem to pop up cheap on Ebay.
Edit- just saw you said '13- so yea- different cluster than 14+, and only a 5 speed...
Dubs, you know a lot more about these things than I do, so take a close look at the top of the engine. It looks very different to me. The valve covers are not the same at all. That jumped out at me. What do you think? The tires are much larger and the frame around the back of the seat looks a lot different too. Those are the things I was referring to. Thanks for your comments.


Yea- plastic wrap- and the 'frame' you are thinking of at the seat is not the frame- it is simply the grab bar that bolts on and off.

Tires are larger because the swingarm is wider, just like the triple tree up front- but those parts are not the frame- just bolt to the frame.
DrewNJ_imp said:
Am I the only one that thinks the 16k usd is kinda pricey?

Not really. A U.S. CB DLX in 2014 MSRP was $11,899... 9 years ago.


Given how many other countries are often higher priced than us- by a large amount- 16k is not unreasonable at all. Especially considering the updated / improved suspension, brakes, tires, lights, clutch, etc.
 
I guess my thought is that the 2 closest competitors for the CB1100 would be the z900rs and the xsr990, and they come in at about 12k and 10k respectively.
 
The price of USD 16k is a proper reflection of what the CB1100 was in most other countries outside the US. For example, today the Africa Twin in Switzerland costs USD 16'200, and I believe it is USD 14'500 or something in the US. These differences can be even bigger on other bikes though.
 
Back
Top