2021 Triumph Trident 660 Triple

If I already didn't have my CB, I would definitely consider this. It would make a very fine commuter and all-around motorcycle.
 
I was attracted to it (big surprise - it's a bike!) until I found out how low the seat was and how small the bike is. I have a lanky frame that more closely fits a tall dirt bike. :)
 
I was just reading about this a few minutes ago on the Revzilla Magazine. Very impressive bike. If I were in the market for a bike, I would seriously consider this. Ticks all the boxes IMO.
 
Sorry rear half is way too ugly for me
 
pekingduck_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Sorry rear half is way too ugly for me
Add a little to the tail and it changes it a lot.
Add a little to the tail and it changes it a lot.
Yes, that looks much better already. I don't like the current fashion of sawed-off rear ends like this bike or the CB1000R and some others. They always look unfinished. I also think it will get out of fashion within a few years and you end up with a very dated looking bike.

And although I like 3 cylinder engines a lot, I think that this particular design is just a tad too unremarkable.
 
The Honda in the segment has more HP and same torque. I like the styling better too. The only Triumphs that could entice me would be the speed twin maybe the Daytona as a track bike.
 
Thread starter
bigsheep_imp said:
The Honda in the segment has more HP and same torque. I like the styling better too. The only Triumphs that could entice me would be the speed twin maybe the Daytona as a track bike.
I rode a CB650F and it was the typical high-revving inline 4. Hoping the Trident has more low end power than the Street Triples too.
 
I heard they are coming out with an ADV version, same engine based with Trident, but frame wise with Tiger900 DNA, to compete against Versys650/ Vstrom650/ CB500x and the like.... That I would be interested....
 
zirconxi_imp said:
I heard they are coming out with an ADV version, same engine based with Trident, but frame wise with Tiger900 DNA, to compete against Versys650/ Vstrom650/ CB500x and the like.... That I would be interested....
Me, too. Especially if the pegs were lower and more forward, like a real ADV bike.
 
I don't know if you've had a chance to see this, but there is more to trident that meets the eye

I laid out a few thoughts about it in my blog
https://www.motolyzed.com/blog if anyone feel like reading
fc6e720bc6126fa778d2975e5e3429f4.jpg


Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Cool blog, Tod. Thanks for sharing it. The Trident concepts look really interesting. I only wish there was a better dealer network in my part of the country. I live in small town, but the Japanese big four, HD, and Polaris all have dealers with full service departments within 20 minutes of my house. Triumph--there's only one within 200 miles. That's not a deterrent, just an inconvenience. Maybe it will be worth it in a couple of years when the ADV model gets here.
 
Roper_imp said:
Cool blog, Tod. Thanks for sharing it. The Trident concepts look really interesting. I only wish there was a better dealer network in my part of the country. I live in small town, but the Japanese big four, HD, and Polaris all have dealers with full service departments within 20 minutes of my house. Triumph--there's only one within 200 miles. That's not a deterrent, just an inconvenience. Maybe it will be worth it in a couple of years when the ADV model gets here.
+1
 
pekingduck_imp said:
bigsheep_imp said:
The Honda in the segment has more HP and same torque. I like the styling better too. The only Triumphs that could entice me would be the speed twin maybe the Daytona as a track bike.
I rode a CB650F and it was the typical high-revving inline 4. Hoping the Trident has more low end power than the Street Triples too.
I rode a CB650F and it was the typical high-revving inline 4. Hoping the Trident has more low end power than the Street Triples too.
I had a recent opportunity to ride a new ST765RS. It had a bit of jam over the CB, less weight, but overall I couldn't imagine myself putting the kind of miles on a Street Triple that I do on the CB1100. Which in the 4 years I owned it, just passed 82000KM (50000 mi). It just wasn't as comfortable or refined.
 
It would be very uncomfortable, GoldOxide.
 
Back
Top