2021 Honda CB-F Concept Bike

Thanks Guth. Very exciting bike. Lots of nice features. Not for me however. Maybe if it was the CB 1100 with different body work I would want one, but not since it's based on the 1000RR. Too hyper for me.
 
VLJ_imp said:
Of the mag wheels/seamed tank variants, this...



...is my favorite of the original CB1100s. Stripes on the tank, silver motor and wheels. Basically the same as the 2014 Deluxe, only with one pipe instead of two, and silver sidecovers rather than matching red with the extra extension covering the forward portion of the subframe. The tank doesn't hold as much fuel as the Deluxe's, but it looks sleeker...better. All that bike needs to be perfect is the pleated seat, and elimination of the tank seams.

Anyway, when you get right down to it, four-cylinder bikes really don't get much prettier than that. The CB1100's basic design is just gorgeous.

Dang it.
Absolutely, +1
 
VLJ_imp said:
Of the mag wheels/seamed tank variants, this...



...is my favorite of the original CB1100s. Stripes on the tank, silver motor and wheels. Basically the same as the 2014 Deluxe, only with one pipe instead of two, and silver sidecovers rather than matching red with the extra extension covering the forward portion of the subframe. The tank doesn't hold as much fuel as the Deluxe's, but it looks sleeker...better. All that bike needs to be perfect is the pleated seat, and elimination of the tank seams.

Anyway, when you get right down to it, four-cylinder bikes really don't get much prettier than that. The CB1100's basic design is just gorgeous.

Dang it.
I agree. All it would need for me is matching side covers and headlight bucket, and have the head pipes double walled chrome instead of stainless.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Thanks Guth. Very exciting bike. Lots of nice features. Not for me however. Maybe if it was the CB 1100 with different body work I would want one, but not since it's based on the 1000RR. Too hyper for me.
Well, I really like what I see of the CB-F so far. If they are going to go the monoshock route it makes far more sense to pursue this design than a bike like the CB1100 where a rounded fender would be sticking way up in the air. I'm really hoping that Honda generates some excitement the CB-F. While I have little doubt that the overall demographic for the CB-F will be a bit younger than that of the CB1100, I'm just not sure that it will appeal to enough buyers to make it worth Honda's effort to bring to the States.

The CB-F is not for me either by the way. Honda already created visual perfection in the past, and I happen to own it, lol. For me it just doesn't get any better than this.

 
Plus, can Honda bring the CB1000F in without wildly overcharging for it? The crazy-high price tag combined with the horribly overstated claims of increased engine performance vs the previous CB1000 are the main factors that killed the current CB1000R.

For the CB1000F to sell well here, it will need to be priced right there with the Z900RS. Also, Honda will need to put some effort into promoting the thing, which they certainly didn't do with the CB1100.
 
For someone like me that owned 4 of the F models of the 80-82 era, the concept CB-F pretty much nailed it for a modern single shock version. The single sided swing arm gives back some character it loses for being a single shock, but with that being said, I do prefer dual shocks for aesthetics. Just my age I guess. The tail section looks good and that's surprising since most modern bikes can't seem to get it right. I do have some issues with it as it sits and but those things might get "fixed" on a production version. Lastly, the CB Superbike pic sure brings back a lot of memories. Freddie Spencer was the man back then and to me still is. Had the pleasure of meeting him and getting an autograph in '91. Class act.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Sorry to be late to respond, was cleaning the drool off of my laptop.
In that respect, I totally agree. For this era of design constraints and compromise, this appears to be a beautiful prototype. Wow. If I ever return to the essential street bike configuration, I would definitely look this up.

2021 Honda CB-F Concept Bike

This looks better than the Neo CBR thang Honda has got going.
 
Thread starter
If it does come to fruition, it would be about 70 pounds lighter, with more power and better suspension. It's interesting that the CB1100 and the original CB750 weighed about the same. Come to think of it, I used to be 70 pounds lighter back then.....also with more power and better suspension.
 
Thread starter
Well this just showed up on today's Craigslist for $3300. Great shape, but 67k miles is cause for hesitation. All stock except for mirrors, and seat strap missing. Even has the original FVQ (Fade Very Quickly) shocks.
 
There are new bikes I drool over (Africa Twin, DL-1100 etc.) but when it comes down to it, the CB-1100 ticks all the boxes so I really can't justify a new model. The new Goldwing is very attractive but for the price I'm much better off with a car for touring! In todays world of distracted drivers I'm having a harder and harder time justifying the bikes. :( At least in the Phoenix area.

Now with the prices of used cars dropping; harder to sell your motorcycle I gather I'll keep the current stock for a very long time. Lucky for me I like them! :D
 
Thanks for the pic pekingduck! My '81 was that very color. Loved that bike. One other thing on the bike pictured that is incorrect are the bars. Too low. Speaking of bars, the bars on the 900 were much better than 750's. Just a little lower but they looked better and were a little more comfortable. Sure miss those old Supersports.
 
In High school I owned and loved my 79 CB900F. I had a set of Mikuni smoothbores and a kerker header and that bike hauled. This bike looks more production than concept and if it comes in black -or I'll paint it, I'm going to start saving my pennies today. Love it.
 
VLJ_imp said:
Of the mag wheels/seamed tank variants, this...



...is my favorite of the original CB1100s. Stripes on the tank, silver motor and wheels. Basically the same as the 2014 Deluxe, only with one pipe instead of two, and silver sidecovers rather than matching red with the extra extension covering the forward portion of the subframe. The tank doesn't hold as much fuel as the Deluxe's, but it looks sleeker...better. All that bike needs to be perfect is the pleated seat, and elimination of the tank seams.

Anyway, when you get right down to it, four-cylinder bikes really don't get much prettier than that. The CB1100's basic design is just gorgeous.

Dang it.
+100
 
Back
Top