2021 Honda CB-F Concept Bike

pekingduck_imp said:
It would be ridiculous not to make it. The brother from the same mother...
Imo that is a 1000% improvement in looks over the CBR 1000 Neo sports
 
I really like the looks of it. I was in high school in the late '70s / early '80s...looks very nostalgic to me.

The single-sided swingarm is nice too.
 
Nice bike, but I liked the CB1000R Neo Cafe bike too. This one looks a little less overtly muscular.

Don't know why, but the CB400 SuperFour still is the awesome.





.
 
I like it. And, somehow, I thought it might attract your attention misterprofessionality.
 
DAC_imp said:
Nice bike, but I liked the CB1000R Neo Cafe bike too. This one looks a little less overtly muscular.

Don't know why, but the CB400 SuperFour still is the awesome.





.
^^+1^^
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Oh, they'll make it. And then not sell it in the U.S. for about three years, we'll all cry about it, Honda will graciously dole them out to us slowly at a premium, few people will buy them, the first models will be great, people will complain about how they could be slightly better, they'll add fuel range and an extra gear...

Any of this sound familiar?
It appears so closely based on the Neo-Sport CB1000R that it should cost about the same. They wouldn't sell both here at the same time if they're technically the same. It's worth noting that there were no 2020 CB1000Rs, and dealers can still order new 2019s, so it looks like that model may be done in the US.

One other thing is that the Freddie Spencer/CB900F period was kind of a golden era in AMA Superbike racing, when bikes really looked like everyday bikes, air-cooled and big carbs, with no clip-ons or full fairings. Freddie was and still is a Honda hero, and his #19 race bike stands out as a Honda icon.

 
Hey pekingduck post up the Spencer bike and the new one in the same post if you can.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Oh, they'll make it. And then not sell it in the U.S. for about three years, we'll all cry about it, Honda will graciously dole them out to us slowly at a premium, few people will buy them, the first models will be great, people will complain about how they could be slightly better, they'll add fuel range and an extra gear...

Any of this sound familiar?
You beat me to it Gone. It seems obvious to me that this bike would be a late response to and a a direct result of the Kawasaki Z900RS. I much prefer the look of this bike to the look of the Kawasaki, but this particular approach by manufacturers just doesn't call out strongly enough to me that I could see myself considering this bike.

Personally, I have long had somewhat of a fear, however slight it might be, that Honda would eventually come along and introduce a modern version of the Hawk GT. That bike was already so far ahead of it's time that it wouldn't require what I see as the unfortunate cheesy aspect of whole retro-styling on modern underpinnings approach taken here as well as with the Z900RS. The fact that Honda continues to play around with designs involving the single-sided swingarm makes it hard for me to let go of such a dream. Of course the inline-4 would need to be dropped and replaced with a v-twin, but that's an entirely different discussion.

Were this to happen, and were it to be done right (that's a BIG if) then I could actually see myself getting rid of my CB1100 and moving on in my motorcycling life. But again, that's a big if — as the older I get, the more the CB1100 appeals to me. Man was I ever on top of my game when I purchased this bike. :rofl:
 
Thanks pekingduck. With them side by side I see things I actually didn't notice before, like the Honda emblem on the tank and I prefer the letters over the badge. The tailpiece looks a little bigger on Freddie's and I prefer that too.I think the gap between tire and fender look similar on both and with the number plates you almost can't see the dual shocks on Freddie's. The wheels actually LOOK lighter on the 2021 version. Do miss the finning on the motor. Overall though I think it's pretty nice.
 
Thread starter
Thought I would compare some retro standards with their origins. To me, the Honda is truest, retro without compromise. The Kaw's laid-down shock forces the airbox under the tank, causing it to be very bulbous. The tank looks too far back, and the engine looks puny, especially with the gap above it and the small sidecover. It looks busy and really tall. The Katana is all bodywork, not about the engine at all. I have no words to describe it except busy.
 
Great comparos, thanks. I'm partial to the originals, though the Katana never floated my boat (and definitely doesn't now). I'd love to see the upcoming 2060 versions of these bikes -- you know, how they'll appear 40 years from now. I think we'd be appalled.
 
Those "tails in the air" on all the moderns look a bit silly, particularly the Suzuki. Makes me more happy the CB1100 became available.
 
I’m still digging everything on the new Honda except that absurd little front fender. That might as well not even be there.
 
I doubt they'd use that short fender in a production version, unless they want a lot of radiator damage warranty claims. Call me a heretic, but I still dig the new Katana.
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
I doubt they'd use that short fender in a production version, unless they want a lot of radiator damage warranty claims. Call me a heretic, but I still dig the new Katana.
That front fender is the same shape as all the current CB/CBR 1000s, 650s, and 600s. Warranty claims on radiators were pretty rare, and damage from road debris was never covered anyway.
 
Really? Huh, I'll bet radiator covers are popular for those bikes! I'll stick with the Katana then. Looks like a short fender, but has that little black extension dealio on the back to protect the radiator.
 
Back
Top