2021 Honda CB-F Concept Bike

pekingduck

Road warrior
Thread starter
Honda Japan just unveiled a new concept bike reminiscent of the 1979-1982 CB750F-CB900F and Freddie Spencer AMA Superbikes. It appears to be Neo Sports-Cafe CB1000R based, and looks to be a no-brainer for production.

It was at their "virtual motorcycle show" today, as the 2021 Osaka and Tokyo Motorcycle Shows have been cancelled. You can see (but not hear about it) at about the 5:05 mark here: MOTORCYCLE SHOW 2026 Honda Booth | Honda公式

 
wow I like it. Wonder why they didn't go with the blue stripes on the tank?
 
Its looks are less polarizing than those of the CB1000. That can be either a good thing, or a bad thing. Obviously this one is designed to go straight after the Z900RS, and if Honda has managed to fix the glitchy fueling and crappy midrange-dip in the powerband, while somehow pricing it a bit more competitively than either the CB1000 or our CB1100s, this one will be a no-brainer for those select few oldsters looking for this sort of niche ride.
 
From the riders seat forward, it looks great! From there back, yuck!
I hate that wide open space above the tire and no rear fender that is the trend these days.
 
Sorry to be late to respond, was cleaning the drool off of my laptop.
 
I like it. I didn't used to care for that space between the tire and rear fender but it's been growing on me. A good combination of old and new.
 
I know we have the oil cooler on our cb1100s, but those bigger, square radiators look clunky. Triumph has the right idea with the long narrow radiators that "fit" the downtubes.

Otherwise, it's kinda cool.
 
The seamless, shapelier tank and less obnoxious radiator cap are two obvious improvements over the Z900RS. Also, the widely-spaced spokes on those mag wheels are a godsend when it comes to trying to attach an air hose to the stem. It was a bear on the wire-spoked CB1100 EX. It was flat-out undoable on the Z900RS, not without bending the stem or the hose nozzle.

I'm not a fan of the rear bodywork and taillight. Never liked that era. Looks like a Suzuki Bandit or older Katana. Bargain-bin stuff.

The motor looks great, with no unsightly wires, hoses, clamps, or other clutter. The front end also looks great, with the symmetrical twin horns and round headlight. The black upside-down forks and radial-mounted calipers complete the look.
 
Rocky_imp said:
From the riders seat forward, it looks great! From there back, yuck!
I hate that wide open space above the tire and no rear fender that is the trend these days.
Rocky, I’m with you. It looks like someone tried to make it into a “cafe racer” by adding a fender elimination kit. I don’t get it.

The original 1979 CB750F was the bike of my dreams forty years ago. This one, not so much. I suppose the absence of twin rear shocks doesn’t help, either. Guess I’m getting old.
 
It's funny you guys are saying that , because I was wondering if it was possible to attach a fender back there lol
 
I hope they put rectangular turn signals and round mirrors on it.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
From the riders seat forward, it looks great! From there back, yuck!
I hate that wide open space above the tire and no rear fender that is the trend these days.
Rocky, I’m with you. It looks like someone tried to make it into a “cafe racer” by adding a fender elimination kit. I don’t get it.

The original 1979 CB750F was the bike of my dreams forty years ago. This one, not so much. I suppose the absence of twin rear shocks doesn’t help, either. Guess I’m getting old.
Rocky, I’m with you. It looks like someone tried to make it into a “cafe racer” by adding a fender elimination kit. I don’t get it.

The original 1979 CB750F was the bike of my dreams forty years ago. This one, not so much. I suppose the absence of twin rear shocks doesn’t help, either. Guess I’m getting old.
^^+2^^..the gAp
 
Of course the production version will have the usual plastic fender/slash license-plate holder, which will help fill in that empty visual space.

The more I watch the video, the more I'm kinda diggin' the hostess. She has that over-the-top Emilia Clarke smile down pat, with the additional spice of that uniquely Japanese cloying shtick. She even has the Emilia Clarke hostess saunter down...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph2ISJx-gYs&t=51s
 
pekingduck_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
wow I like it. Wonder why they didn't go with the blue stripes on the tank?
The pictures show it as grayer than it does in the video.
The pictures show it as grayer than it does in the video.
Ahhhhhh watched the video and you're right. Thanks
 
Oh, they'll make it. And then not sell it in the U.S. for about three years, we'll all cry about it, Honda will graciously dole them out to us slowly at a premium, few people will buy them, the first models will be great, people will complain about how they could be slightly better, they'll add fuel range and an extra gear...

Any of this sound familiar?
 
.... and how to increase engine HP, not to mention about the rlets issue.... yes, very much so, Gin60
:cool:
 
Back
Top