2020 CB1100EX?

Wheelyneat_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I’ve seen some videos online for the MY 2020 CB1100EX, which must be a Europe and Asia only offering as I haven’t seen one on the U.S. Honda site. Has anyone seen or purchased one? I can’t say I like the styling tweaks - painted fenders and side panels instead of chrome and brushed aluminum, and a cheesy looking “swoosh” decal on the tank. The rubber fork gaiters are a nice touch, but the white piping on the saddle belongs on a Bonneville, not a CB. I’m glad I have a 2017
cdd6be3393f1dc9ebfcfd734ba8eb2a4.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 


Hi Wheelyneat. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course but I think it’s a nice looking bike. I am biased because I have one. Don’t forget we are all sort of limited by what our countries will actually import anyway. Plus it’s possible to swap quite a few things about to get close to the look you want.
 
Thread starter
Jfro5687_imp said:
Hi Wheelyneat. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course but I think it’s a nice looking bike. I am biased because I have one. Don’t forget we are all sort of limited by what our countries will actually import anyway. Plus it’s possible to swap quite a few things about to get close to the look you want.

No offense intended, it’s still a great bike I’m sure. My guess is all the polished and clear coated aluminum bits were expensive to manufacture, as were the chrome fenders, so Honda decided to eliminate them. I see the peg supports are now black as well. All in keeping with the 1970s CB750 with the exception of the saddle
578d1bac9eb25c9649ccca2966cd3c06.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Almost any late model CB1100 is a thing of beauty as long as they can be still acquired.

Glad to see an example of a 2020 model year.
 
I'm just glad to see that there will be a 2020 air-cooled model. They probably felt like they had to do something different with it.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
As far as its shape is concern, your '17 is identical?

I believe it’s basically the same bike except for the details mentioned above. Not sure if Honda made any tweaks to the mechanical specifications. For those of you that can buy one, does Honda offer a color option?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wheelyneat_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
As far as its shape is concern, your '17 is identical?

I believe it’s basically the same bike except for the details mentioned above. Not sure if Honda made any tweaks to the mechanical specifications. For those of you that can buy one, does Honda offer a color option?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe it’s basically the same bike except for the details mentioned above. Not sure if Honda made any tweaks to the mechanical specifications. For those of you that can buy one, does Honda offer a color option?
Correct, may have some small cosmetic updates.
 
I’m with the A-man: it’s a fine looking bike.
 
I’d consider finding a new home for my ‘14 if it was available in the US.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Houtman_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
As far as its shape is concern, your '17 is identical?
Yes , the shape is the same but I do like the stripes on the 2020.
Yes , the shape is the same but I do like the stripes on the 2020.
OEM, ready to be installed after transferring fuel pump ass-y and a gas cap.
It would look more than great with Pipemasters 4 in 4.

2019 Honda CB1100EX Fuel tank,Red | Samurider.com

2017 Honda CB1100RS Fuel tank,Red | Samurider.com

U$1000 + S&H, not cheap.
 
Peter , if you truly love me , you would buy me one of these nice tanks and I will be forever grateful , especially if you install at as well on my bike....
 
Wheelyneat_imp said:
Jfro5687_imp said:
Hi Wheelyneat. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course but I think it’s a nice looking bike. I am biased because I have one. Don’t forget we are all sort of limited by what our countries will actually import anyway. Plus it’s possible to swap quite a few things about to get close to the look you want.

No offense intended, it’s still a great bike I’m sure. My guess is all the polished and clear coated aluminum bits were expensive to manufacture, as were the chrome fenders, so Honda decided to eliminate them. I see the peg supports are now black as well. All in keeping with the 1970s CB750 with the exception of the saddle
578d1bac9eb25c9649ccca2966cd3c06.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense intended, it’s still a great bike I’m sure. My guess is all the polished and clear coated aluminum bits were expensive to manufacture, as were the chrome fenders, so Honda decided to eliminate them. I see the peg supports are now black as well. All in keeping with the 1970s CB750 with the exception of the saddle
8c23909cf50343168d7a5b18c1a9c8b9.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may be old school, but I like chrome fenders over painted ones. I like the round Honda badge that is even on Goldwings. But I do not like Hondas half black and half silver engines. Give me all Black or all silver, like on the Deluxe.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Peter , if you truly love me , you would buy me one of these nice tanks and I will be forever grateful , especially if you install at as well on my bike....
John, too bad and too late... a few decades ago, I've already fallen in love with my present wife.
Will report to Mrs. Houtman, you are looking for companion..:D :P
 
Houtman_imp said:
Peter , if you truly love me , you would buy me one of these nice tanks and I will be forever grateful , especially if you install at as well on my bike....


I'd buy you a tank in trade for your Moriwaki exhaust... :)
 
Back
Top