2019 Summer Ride, Western USA

Thread starter
For “isshouldbuyatacotruck”. Pics of gear.
Roll bag is Saddleman brand ... had to turn horns upside down .. easy. Saddle bag config is all in one thing bought off Craigslist ... also have TourMaster saddle bags with integrated tail bag. Use Rok straps to hold on 70 liter dry sack. Bought roll of neoprene tool drawer liner from hard ware store to put under tank bag and roll bag. Have 3m film on lower fork tubes and front of gas tank. Also have Fenda Extender. Also need pen luggage rack. ... bought from Japanese vendor... mr takahashi? on forum



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Did more Dakotas today, including Sturgis, ending up on Teddy Roosevelt National Park (Medora ND). Crazy ride .. bugs , bees, birds smashing into me ... sunflower farm ... off roading on torn up roads. Here’s bunch of pics.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
bflint_imp said:
Did more Dakotas today, including Sturgis, ending up on Teddy Roosevelt National Park (Medora ND). Crazy ride .. bugs , bees, birds smashing into me ... sunflower farm ... off roading on torn up roads. Here’s bunch of pics.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some serious coverage bflint.

Once upon a time I used to keep a camera inside my helmet off to the left of my head. I recall similar events as insect vs. visor played out on the helmet visor.

- - -

BTW: I see the rope is white and dry. Fair snow? :)
 
Dang 2 places yet to visit on my list, South and North Dakota. very cool.
 
Great trip!! Went through South Dakota 3 summers ago...that's a wide state! Skipped the presidents' heads as it was crazy busy the day I was in the area, and opted for the Badlands which was quite pleasant.
 
Thread starter
Did Teddy Roosevelt National park (south end) yesterday then spent night at Billings MT. Park critters included prairie dog colony, bison , and horses (mustangs?). Funny thing happened on way to Billings... funny now anyway... reference yesterday’s 911 post
26956ab4dab21486b335287673072582.png
3625ed23fbb13b6634a583e67125a414.png
. In Missoula MT tonight then onto Washington via Idaho to see cousin.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Montana is “Big Sky Country “.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Glad things are going smooth again. Beautiful pics bflint
 
Yeah ... great pictures, bflint. Looks like you're having a great time out there on the bike.
 
Thread starter
Got to Wenatchee WA which Columbia river runs thru. Wow ... saw 30+ miles of cherry trees, pear trees, apple trees from valley floor to rim. Visited cousin there, traveled to Seattle area to see another cousin. Then it hit me that I was tired of riding so did full throttle on Friday/Saturday to get home ( FYI I hate I-5 ... enough said). Sorry I got lazy with pics... was getting tired. Next trip will have more planning and relax/fishing time
01c83b4be18a8342eadaede154935668.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Neat little town - appears almost Euro-like.

- - -

This trek is solo, correct? Sometimes useful to share a journey with at least one other riding partner to help mitigate tiresome. But I hear ya.
 
Funny how the urge to go home suddenly takes hold. Thanks for sharing pictures and tales of your trip, Bflint.
 
Back
Top