2019 Dakar Champion Toby Price

dbarkdoll_imp

Been there
Thread starter
BIGGG congrats to Australian rider Toby Price for clenching his 2nd Dakar win today (with a broken wrist for the entire event :huh:). This guy is truly an amazing athlete and gifted rider, tough as nails doesn’t even come close. His 2016 victory was preceded by a life threatening accident that should have left him paralyzed, but he blazed through his recovery to go on to win his first Dakar. This year may be an even more impressive feat, I cannot even imagine completing THE most grueling race in the world with a broken wrist (his right wrist none the less). Also worth noting is that today was his first stage victory of the rally. In other words, he didn’t win a single stage except for his last one. Something about the turtle and the hare......
Also big congrats to Team KTM for sweeping the podium, and continuing to dominate rally racing.



https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=w...2856743723
 
fd7e422d0fff67962804a9578327e916.jpg

Ricardo Mazalan/AP

Desert near Pisco, Peru, Jan. 16, 2019
 
guy must be tough. With regards to that pic pb... I don't think I'd like to ride there.
 
The ferret_imp said:
guy must be tough. With regards to that pic pb... I don't think I'd like to ride there.
Common Mickey, no snow, no rain, above 40*F, sure you can do it, on the CB, not FJR....:P
 
Tough as nails for sure. I broke my right wrist when I crashed a dirt bike over 45 years ago and I could not ride for 2 months. I can't imagine running a race in that condition.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
guy must be tough. With regards to that pic pb... I don't think I'd like to ride there.
Common Mickey, no snow, no rain, above 40*F, sure you can do it, on the CB, not FJR....:P
Common Mickey, no snow, no rain, above 40*F, sure you can do it, on the CB, not FJR....:P

Lol I rode a dirt bike in the sand in Florida once back in the 70 s when I was young and fit. Wore me out then. Probably kill me today.
 
Back
Top