Jfro5687_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi all. I have a 2018 EX. Very pleased with it overall. Trying to resist the urge to tinker too much. I live in the UK so I'm not too sure how many decent exhausts there are out there that would suit the CB. I have seen many pictures of these Moriwaki's and other 4-4 systems that look great but cost a fortune, even if I could get one. So I decided to have a good look at the standard exhaust and see what I could maybe do to it. There was a baffle in there with three smallish holes that looked like it would come out easily. So i used a 1" hole cutter that fitted perfectly down the pipe and drilled out the baffle. It came out extremely easily and then i used a magnet on a stick to re-trieve the swarf and remnants. Again easily. Used a file to smooth off the bore and it was a very rewarding and tidy job, if i do say so myself! Does it sound different. Well yes. Hard to describe in words but the exhaust gases sound 'cleaner' coming out. ( no i dont mean emissions ). Slightly less rasp and maybe even 'hiss' if that makes sense. Sounds bleedin lovely TBH. removing the baffle can only be a good thing so I reckon I will happily live with it as standard now. Saved a fortune aswell. I write it here Just incase anyone else was wondering the same thing....great forum BTW.