2018 EX blue

Wow that looks good. You're probably just having fun but changing tanks is easy especially if the fuel caps and fuel pumps are already mounted on each tank. For the Blue tank the Samurider site states that the tank doesn't come with a fuel cap but doesn't say anything about the fuel pump. Some of the other tanks listed on the site do confirm that there's no pump fitted. Going to be very expensive to have more than one quick fit tank option if you've also got to buy pump/gasket/fuel cap and get it keyed to your ignition.
 
Thread starter
Aussieflyer_imp said:
Wow that looks good. You're probably just having fun but changing tanks is easy especially if the fuel caps and fuel pumps are already mounted on each tank. For the Blue tank the Samurider site states that the tank doesn't come with a fuel cap but doesn't say anything about the fuel pump. Some of the other tanks listed on the site do confirm that there's no pump fitted. Going to be very expensive to have more than one quick fit tank option if you've also got to buy pump/gasket/fuel cap and get it keyed to your ignition.
yeah, just having fun for the moment...so maybe I change out every other year. :rolleyes:
 
I like the pearl Spencer blue we got in 2014 so I'm sure I would like the Samurider too.
It looks nice in the photo.
 
I switched the red tank on my 2013 to the Spencer Blue, from Samurider, last year. Yes, you transfer the fuel cap and the fuel pump, and I wasn't taking chances on leaks, so I replaced the gasket as well. Not a difficult job and can be accomplished in under an hour. Will likely do the same with my 2017. What can I say--my wife hates red, and marriage is all about compromising.
 
baxtercat, that's a ridiculous compromise. That's not what marriages are about. For $850, she can do the compromising. For that kind of money—roughly 25% of the value of a '13 CB1100—she can live with your bike being red. Now, if it's her bike, okay, fine, but if it's your bike, making you spend $850 to switch to blue is wildly unreasonable of her.

Want to compromise? Keep the red tank and take half of that $850 and take her out for a nice dinner/show/shopping somewhere.

Man, the things we read on these interwebs....
 
I always thought if I messed up the tank on my 14 dlx, I'd have it painted like one of the whitehouse 750 copy's. Maybe like a 76 CB 750K6s...maroon with black and white stripes....only using the DLX red so my side covers and headlight bucket would still match
 
VLJ_imp said:
baxtercat, that's a ridiculous compromise. That's not what marriages are about. For $850, she can do the compromising. For that kind of money—roughly 25% of the value of a '13 CB1100—she can live with your bike being red. Now, if it's her bike, okay, fine, but if it's your bike, making you spend $850 to switch to blue is wildly unreasonable of her.

Want to compromise? Keep the red tank and take half of that $850 and take her out for a nice dinner/show/shopping somewhere.

Man, the things we read on these interwebs....
thanks for the advice, VLJ, but my wink-of-the-eye was lost in transmission. I LOVE the blue, and would want to update the color thusly without regard for anyone else's opinion. It's merely convenient that she also prefers it, and I can proceed as if I'm doing her a big favor. so...no compromise, no unreasonableness, and no immediate need for a nice dinner. will take that money I just saved and put it towards a tank.
 
Wow- I'm a sucker for blue, but a flush cap doesn't match the style of this bike- nor would I want to buy a new cap, proper fuel pump, etc...

But yea....I really like the blue color!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
guitar gord_imp said:
Seems like the blue 2018 is already released in Germany. Note the color is "Pearl Hawkseye Blue". And it does not require a "relectoronomy".

http://honda.motorrad-oeler.de/de/gebrauchtes-motorrad-honda-cb1100-ex-1635131
I give up. What is a relectoronomy?
I give up. What is a relectoronomy? I think Gord means "reflectorectomy," the operation necessary for new bikes in North America wherein excess reflectors are removed. Not required in Germany.
 
Thank you, baxtercat. That makes sense.
 
Not so much that It's "necessary" or a requirement by law. More that if you wish, you may remove them without any legal issues?
 
I chose the darker blue for my 2013 and as far as I know it's still the only one in North America this color.
 
Yep, that is what I need so to speak but it would be cheaper to have the tank painted locally.
 
larryblag_imp said:
Not so much that It's "necessary" or a requirement by law. More that if you wish, you may remove them without any legal issues?
I couldn't tell you if its actually illegal to remove those ugly, stupid, cheap plastic reflectors here or anywhere in the US, but its the first thing I do. I've never had a law enforcement officer call into question the operational integrity of my bike! :D
 
Back
Top