2017 in Canada

"Say it ain't so Joe!"

Canada’s first 2017 CB1100 EX?

I wanted a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe from the first time I saw pictures of it. But the shipping cost, currency exchange rate, import fee, Federal and Provincial Sales Taxes made it too expensive. Fortunately the 2017 CB1100 EX is now available in Canada.



The first thing I checked was the fuel tank. It certainly does look better in person than in pictures. The paint is metallic red, not metal flake, although it certainly does sparkle in the sun.

Then I placed it on the centre stand. Porky compared to my CB500XA (100 pounds difference). Good thing I weigh 225 pounds and am familiar with the main stand technique.

It is a very hot, humid, and windy today, so my first ride was only 95 kilometers (60 miles). Found it very easy to roll away from a stop, and I could corner an intersection smoothly in first gear. Transmission was smooth in all gears.

The suspension is very plush, and the bike handled very well. I wonder if this is due to the new duel bending forks.

The duel mufflers sound great. Nothing obnoxious, but it does sound like a motorcycle, not a scooter. Despite wearing ear plugs, I could hear the mufflers pleasantly purring at highway speeds.

After an hour I realized I will probably buy a windscreen. No problem with buffeting or wind noise, I wear 3M ear plugs. But the wind blast would get tiring on a day long ride.

The riding position is more tucked and slightly more forward than on my CB500XA. Not uncomfortable, just noticeable. I may pull the handle bars back a bit.

The seat and handle grips are just as hard on both CBs. I have a set of Grip Puppies to install, and may try the MadDog seat mat that I bought. Then of course the RLETs must be installed, along with an Ontario quarter.

Overall I am very pleased with the look and performance of the new bike.
 
Yay! Finally, Norton. Congratulations indeed. What a lovely bike.
 
Congrats Nortoon! The new tank has really grown on me - looks good!

Nortoon_imp said:
"Say it ain't so Joe!"

Canada’s first 2017 CB1100 EX?

I wanted a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe from the first time I saw pictures of it. But the shipping cost, currency exchange rate, import fee, Federal and Provincial Sales Taxes made it too expensive. Fortunately the 2017 CB1100 EX is now available in Canada.



The first thing I checked was the fuel tank. It certainly does look better in person than in pictures. The paint is metallic red, not metal flake, although it certainly does sparkle in the sun.

Then I placed it on the centre stand. Porky compared to my CB500XA (100 pounds difference). Good thing I weigh 225 pounds and am familiar with the main stand technique.

It is a very hot, humid, and windy today, so my first ride was only 95 kilometers (60 miles). Found it very easy to roll away from a stop, and I could corner an intersection smoothly in first gear. Transmission was smooth in all gears.

The suspension is very plush, and the bike handled very well. I wonder if this is due to the new duel bending forks.

The duel mufflers sound great. Nothing obnoxious, but it does sound like a motorcycle, not a scooter. Despite wearing ear plugs, I could hear the mufflers pleasantly purring at highway speeds.

After an hour I realized I will probably buy a windscreen. No problem with buffeting or wind noise, I wear 3M ear plugs. But the wind blast would get tiring on a day long ride.

The riding position is more tucked and slightly more forward than on my CB500XA. Not uncomfortable, just noticeable. I may pull the handle bars back a bit.

The seat and handle grips are just as hard on both CBs. I have a set of Grip Puppies to install, and may try the MadDog seat mat that I bought. Then of course the RLETs must be installed, along with an Ontario quarter.

Overall I am very pleased with the look and performance of the new bike.
Please enlighten me on this main stand technique.
 
Awesome Nortoon. That is indeed a beautiful motorcycle. Congrats!

be sure and give Cormanus the last 4 numbers of your vin for our registry
 
c-breezy_imp said:
Congrats Nortoon! The new tank has really grown on me - looks good!

Nortoon_imp said:
"Say it ain't so Joe!"

Canada’s first 2017 CB1100 EX?

I wanted a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe from the first time I saw pictures of it. But the shipping cost, currency exchange rate, import fee, Federal and Provincial Sales Taxes made it too expensive. Fortunately the 2017 CB1100 EX is now available in Canada.



The first thing I checked was the fuel tank. It certainly does look better in person than in pictures. The paint is metallic red, not metal flake, although it certainly does sparkle in the sun.

Then I placed it on the centre stand. Porky compared to my CB500XA (100 pounds difference). Good thing I weigh 225 pounds and am familiar with the main stand technique.

It is a very hot, humid, and windy today, so my first ride was only 95 kilometers (60 miles). Found it very easy to roll away from a stop, and I could corner an intersection smoothly in first gear. Transmission was smooth in all gears.

The suspension is very plush, and the bike handled very well. I wonder if this is due to the new duel bending forks.

The duel mufflers sound great. Nothing obnoxious, but it does sound like a motorcycle, not a scooter. Despite wearing ear plugs, I could hear the mufflers pleasantly purring at highway speeds.

After an hour I realized I will probably buy a windscreen. No problem with buffeting or wind noise, I wear 3M ear plugs. But the wind blast would get tiring on a day long ride.

The riding position is more tucked and slightly more forward than on my CB500XA. Not uncomfortable, just noticeable. I may pull the handle bars back a bit.

The seat and handle grips are just as hard on both CBs. I have a set of Grip Puppies to install, and may try the MadDog seat mat that I bought. Then of course the RLETs must be installed, along with an Ontario quarter.

Overall I am very pleased with the look and performance of the new bike.
Please enlighten me on this main stand technique.
C-breezy, it's a favorite topic here. Try this thread as a starter.
 
Way to go, Nortoon! That bike is gorgeous! I wish you many happy kilometers of fun and adventure as you bond with that beautiful machine.
 
Thread starter
Wow, that is way better than what I posted.

Congrats on the new bike Nortoon. I can't wait to see one in person, beautiful.

The chrome accent strip on the air box covers is a nice touch.
 
Great choice Norton! I love the black head on the silver cylinder. Just wonder what that tank would look like in black?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
 
Retsel_imp said:
Great choice Norton! I love the black head on the silver cylinder. Just wonder what that tank would look like in black?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
This year the black tank was reserved for the RS model.
Perhaps black will be a colour choice for the EX down the road.
 
Back
Top