2017 Factory Service Manual Part 2

dave

Road warrior
Thread starter
I tried to purchase a 2017 CB1100 Factory Service Manual (FSM) from my Honda dealer and they were not able to find one to sell me. They contacted the factory to ask if one was available, and they were told the only FSM available was for the 2014 model. Has anybody out there purchased a 2017 CB1100 FSM by any chance? I am wondering if maybe the 2014 FSM has been updated to include information (like the Dual Bending Valve forks) for the 2017 models. Am I the only one looking for a 20167 FSM?
 
Helm Inc. is the official source of the manual. Even if you order through your dealer. And I think your dealer is not too bright if they can’t figure the part number for it. Just so you know, its in the back of the owners manual. 61MGC02

Or, here is the link to it from Helm: https://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?class_2=AHC&Sku=61MGC02&itemtype=N

There is no 2017 only manual. It covers all years. The 2013 manual covers only 2013’s, then the ‘14 manual covers ‘13-14 and you get the idea.

You should see the manual for the ST1300. Covers every year and has a LOT of changes to insert. And is BIG :)

Oh yeah, that 20167 manual you referenced won’t be ready for another 18000 years or so :)
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Helm Inc. is the official source of the manual. Even if you order through your dealer. And I think your dealer is not too bright if they can’t figure the part number for it. Just so you know, its in the back of the owners manual. 61MGC02

Or, here is the link to it from Helm: https://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?class_2=AHC&Sku=61MGC02&itemtype=N

There is no 2017 only manual. It covers all years. The 2013 manual covers only 2013’s, then the ‘14 manual covers ‘13-14 and you get the idea.

You should see the manual for the ST1300. Covers every year and has a LOT of changes to insert. And is BIG :)

Oh yeah, that 20167 manual you referenced won’t be ready for another 18000 years or so :)
Thank you Popgun. I opened the link you provided, and there are two different part numbers provided. 61MGC02, the one you provided, and a "Common Service Manual, Item #61CSM000". Do you know what the difference is?
 
Cormanus is correct. The CSM is a book that explains how various bike systems work, in general, across the Honda line. Unless it’s been updated it’s pretty useless. Mine was not worth buying
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus is correct. The CSM is a book that explains how various bike systems work, in general, across the Honda line. Unless it’s been updated it’s pretty useless. Mine was not worth buying
There's got to be a first time for everything! Thanks, popgun.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus is correct. The CSM is a book that explains how various bike systems work, in general, across the Honda line. Unless it’s been updated it’s pretty useless. Mine was not worth buying
There's got to be a first time for everything! Thanks, popgun.
There's got to be a first time for everything! Thanks, popgun.
:rofl: but you are being far too modest. You are a wealth of information and guidance here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS: I'll send you my address where to mail the cheque :D :D
 
Thread starter
Thanks Guys. I'll go to my local Honda dealer this weekend and order the 2017 manual, to go along with the 2014 manual I already own. I know I'll need it some day when it comes time to service the 2017 forks I've got.
 
Dave you’ll be able to sell the 2014 Manual, I think, as it will be part of the 2017 document.
 
Thread starter
Guys, I just returned from my local Honda dealership. It appears that 61MGC02 is not a Honda part number. Try as hard as they could, they still could not come up with a part number for an "Official Honda Factory Service Manual". I thought the website at the post above was for an official Honda FSM because it states " Honda Genuine Service Manuals...". I'll go back to this link and order it there, and see what happens.
Just visited the link above. When I went to check out I got the message "This manual is a digital reprint of the original publication. It is possible that this item will be in loose-leaf format, if so, a binder is included". Doesn't sound like something that I really want to invest $62.95 + S&H on. Has anyone on this forum ever purchase a "digital reprint" manual from this company? It just does not make sense that Honda doesn't sell a manual themselves. I think I'll contact Honda directly.
 
Dave_imp said:
Guys, I just returned from my local Honda dealership. It appears that 61MGC02 is not a Honda part number. Try as hard as they could, they still could not come up with a part number for an "Official Honda Factory Service Manual". I thought the website at the post above was for an official Honda FSM because it states " Honda Genuine Service Manuals...". I'll go back to this link and order it there, and see what happens.
Just visited the link above. When I went to check out I got the message "This manual is a digital reprint of the original publication. It is possible that this item will be in loose-leaf format, if so, a binder is included". Doesn't sound like something that I really want to invest $62.95 + S&H on. Has anyone on this forum ever purchase a "digital reprint" manual from this company? It just does not make sense that Honda doesn't sell a manual themselves. I think I'll contact Honda directly.
I bought the manual from Helm, Inc. and it said exactly the same thing. The manual I received is NOT in loose-leaf format; it is a typical softbound FSM and looks in every way to be properly printed.

No, Honda does not sell a manual directly. Be happy that they offer a manual at all (through Helm), since most other motorcycle manufacturers either offer NO manual (Ducati) or offer it only on CD-ROM at a high price (BMW).
 
Thread starter
cookiemech_imp said:
Dave_imp said:
Guys, I just returned from my local Honda dealership. It appears that 61MGC02 is not a Honda part number. Try as hard as they could, they still could not come up with a part number for an "Official Honda Factory Service Manual". I thought the website at the post above was for an official Honda FSM because it states " Honda Genuine Service Manuals...". I'll go back to this link and order it there, and see what happens.
Just visited the link above. When I went to check out I got the message "This manual is a digital reprint of the original publication. It is possible that this item will be in loose-leaf format, if so, a binder is included". Doesn't sound like something that I really want to invest $62.95 + S&H on. Has anyone on this forum ever purchase a "digital reprint" manual from this company? It just does not make sense that Honda doesn't sell a manual themselves. I think I'll contact Honda directly.
I bought the manual from Helm, Inc. and it said exactly the same thing. The manual I received is NOT in loose-leaf format; it is a typical softbound FSM and looks in every way to be properly printed.

No, Honda does not sell a manual directly. Be happy that they offer a manual at all (through Helm), since most other motorcycle manufacturers either offer NO manual (Ducati) or offer it only on CD-ROM at a high price (BMW).
Thank you cookiemech.
 
Back
Top