2017 CB1100EX license plate bracket

The ferret_imp said:
pretty high mileage for a 2016

lol if that were an Honda automobile, it would be close to being broken in
And that’s from March of 2016 to April 23rd of this year, in the jeep, add in rental cars when working Nevada and Florida and it’s closer to 95000.
The ferret_imp said:
pretty high mileage for a 2016

lol if that were an Honda automobile, it would be close to being broken in
Hope that hold true for my CB1100, I’m planning on selling my vstrom and k1100 and the CB being my forever bike.
Well, keeping it forever and probably getting a few other bikes to help it last longer.

That’s what I plan on using as an excuse to my wife, cause we all know I’ll buy some other bikes before “ It s all over but the shouting” to quote Rick Bragg
 
Funny my " goal" has been to ride about 20,000 miles a year with 15,000 miles a year going on my ST and 5,000 a year going on my CB. That way I would rack up a lot of miles on the ST and the CB would last a long time. Unfortunately I have been averaging 25,000 miles a year and have enjoyed riding the CB so much that in 3 1/2 years I have put a little over 37,000 miles on it (where it should have about 20,000 miles at this point)
 
Ferret, go buy a couple of '14 standards while the price is low. Put them in storage until you need them. Then, you have CB1100s for the rest of your life ;)
 
kennyw_imp said:
Calcb and CaptainChris, this run of 2014 brackets is now sold out but I have asked my source to sell them directly and he is interested. I will not be part of the transaction but happy to answer any questions on this forum. He runs a small business based out of Michigan and does excellent work making parts and artwork out of metal. I have bought a few things from him in the past.

They will be priced at a similar but possibly slightly higher price point for making them one at a time rather than in large batches. I will post his contact details in a new thread when I get the install instructions and hardware lists setup.
That'd be great! Thank you Kenny. :beerchug:
 
Thread starter
A quick update, two to three weeks lead time (maybe less if he gets an hour window break in his big project coming due) to get these brackets in my hands. Then, I'll have them in the mail to everyone within a couple days from there.
 
No worries, Kenny. I've been riding for two years with the OEM setup. Another few weeks won't matter. Thanks again for doing all of this.
 
Thread starter
Parts are done and in the mail to me now. I will have them out to everyone shortly.
 
Boy, those look good kenny.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Boy, those look good kenny.
Too bad they get fully covered by the license plate...
 
Thread starter
Another picture.
 
I forgot that you were having these done. They look great. Any leftovers for the '17s?
 
Thread starter
No leftovers, I decided to only do a single run but I did send the dxf to metalmaven in case he wants to start offering them. I still need to confirm the design with the real parts once they arrive but the paper version fit correctly.

You could also order one direct from the guy that made these but it is a 3-4 week lead time if he is busy like he was with this run.
 
kennyw_imp said:
No leftovers, I decided to only do a single run but I did send the dxf to metalmaven in case he wants to start offering them. I still need to confirm the design with the real parts once they arrive but the paper version fit correctly.

You could also order one direct from the guy that made these but it is a 3-4 week lead time if he is busy like he was with this run.
Ok, thanks, I'll probably just use your '17 template to "fabricate" one--I did that for my '14 and it worked out pretty good.
 
Thread starter
PM me your email and I can send you a 1:1 scale pdf to print.
 
Thread starter
The plates arrived yesterday, tonight I will pack them up to ship out tomorrow.

Hardware required for 2017 bracket:
3X M6 x 35 Flat head cap screws
3X M6 flanged nut (reused from stock bracket)
3X M6 fender washer (reused from stock bracket)
2X 1/4 ID x 7/8 OD x 1/4 Thk spacer

Hardware required for 2013-14 bracket:
2X M6 x 35 Flat head cap screws
2X M6 flanged nut (reused from stock bracket)
2X M6 fender washer (reused from stock bracket)

Hardware to mount license plate and frame:
4X M6 x 16 screw
4X M6 washer
4X M6 acorn nuts
 
Back
Top