2017 CB1100EX license plate bracket

kennyw

Road warrior
Thread starter
I just placed an order for 10 license plate brackets. I figured if I make one, someone else would want one as well. I'm also including the dimensions if someone wants to make their own.

My cost is $15 each plus shipping. Anyone want one?
 
Kennyw, Nicely done, and I admire your mechanical drawing/drafting skills! What is the material, thickness, and finish? Price is very reasonable, as I have a Joker Machine 1/8" thick hard black anodized aluminum LP backing plate on my 2017. If I did not already have that base covered, I would be all over your nice clean design.
 
Thread starter
The finish will be bare aluminum, DA sanded, good for painting or powdercoating when you receive it. I would not recommend leaving it bare.

Thickness is .100" and any grade aluminum should be fine in this application.
 
Nice work Kennyw...was there a spacer that you had to use as well? Since it's aluminum, what's the issue with leaving it bare?
 
Thread starter
There will be a pair of spacers required for the top two mounting bolts. I will detail out the assembly hardware you need to buy separately and include instructions in with the plate when it is mailed. The hardware is all easy to find at local hardware stores.

If you leave it bare, it will eventually corrode and look bad (though barely visible other than the reflection in the fender). No telling how long that would take, but I would recommend painting with a clearcoat at a minimum.
 
Thread starter
No, but I could get some made.
 
Thread starter
I just checked and my guy hasn't cut parts yet. I'll change the order to include 5 of the the 2013-14 brackets.
 
I'd take one for a 2014 as well!

Can you elaborate on the required spacers? Are they just nuts or something to move it out and away from the fender?
 
Thread starter
The spacer is only required for the 2017 bracket.
 
Thread starter
Since metal has not yet been cut, I can order any number I want... but let me get some things organized. I have prepaid for 10 plates but can add more this weekend if there is interest.

Please send $22 total ($15 for bracket plus $7 shipping to USA, Canada orders will be more) to n9phw16@gmail.com and include your username so I know who is who.

List for brackets:
[li]2017 - Kennyw[/li] [li]2014 - Roper[/li] [li]2014 - mattvoyle[/li] [li]2014 - W/R[/li] [li]2014 - '64[/li] [li]2013 - Bheezy27403[/li] [li]2014 - el duque[/li] [li]available[/li] [li]available[/li] [li]available
[/li]
 
Thread starter
I'm not doing this to make any money but I'll probably come out ahead $1/ plate.
 
Back
Top