2017 CB1100 Revealed

It all depends on taste of riders, say the RS does suite my taste, which i did not find any on older version. What gives me attraction and appeals in the 2017 RS are:
- The new tank, looks fresher
- Beefer front fork with radial calipers
- Fat rear tire giving a very firm look
- New assist slipper clutch reducing lever force and reduce hopping when quick downshifting
...
A worth consideration to move up from CB400 2015

Wisedrum_imp said:
I shortly red an article about the new CB on a website in German called 'nippon classics'.
Most of the things written about the Honda could have been written years ago when the first CB came out in Germany. So it can be interesting for someone, who hasn't heard of the CB before, but to riders like me, who own a CB for several years now, such a review taste a bit like cold coffee with not really something new under the sun of Hondas aircooled Inline for. In my opinion, changing some parts of the CB, doesn't really makes a different and new motorbike out of it. It stays pretty much the same, RS this way or that way, never was attracted by sort of cafe racers, in this case a half hearted one.
All reviews may have its reason in the fact, that the new CB now is the last relict of a lost genre of formerly beloved motorbikes. The first one wasn't.

Wisedrum
 
There was an EX on display in the Honda tent at the Circuit of the Americas this weekend. I'll admit I liked it better in person but then I would have probably drooled over the RS if it had been sitting there side by side. How much would it have cost them to bring one to display and then observe the visitors reactions? Of course that's all been handled by the marketing group many months ago I'm sure.........
 
I sat on that EX on display in the Honda tent at the Circuit of the Americas.
7a8e465c7c224d7b805480ae56cfcb88.jpg


a020b19c73d9da866658dc62bc7afa3a.jpg


5a70166f41687e8494cd1e24a7a3153c.jpg


c7be9d160dce4131adabccde197c0c2d.jpg


Honda had a fleet of demo bikes for the public to go test, and I really wanted to take a test ride on this bike./
Unfortunately, I was spending way too much time over at this tent.
80dcc43869cc92a431e5d7e7e9de599a.jpg
 
Well, my behind warmed the same seat! I thought it looked good in person, though my heart still belongs to the DLX.
 
I have just discovered by chance, that Honda introduced new types for the 2017 CB1100. It is no longer SC65 but:[ul] [li]CB1100EX: SC78A[/li] [li]CB1100RS: SC78B
[/li][/ul]
 
Interesting. Thanks Django.
 
None of my local dealers have ordered one. Couple of blacks still around from 14. But I like the changes for 17. Pics are fantastic, Jedd. Exactly why I like that tank and the bike. It's not 1980's anymore, not that the 80's were a bad look. I just like the seamless.
 
Back
Top