2016 Triumph Street Tracker

Sadly, the main thing that I noticed was the radiator. Radiators are not all that beautiful to look at to begin with, but sticking one on a bike with classic lines like the Bonneville just looks more or less wrong to me. While Triumph appears to have done a much better job of integrating a radiator into the overall design than say Harley Davidson's Street 750, it still throws quite a wrench into the visual works.
 
Guth_imp said:
Sadly, the main thing that I noticed was the radiator. Radiators are not all that beautiful to look at to begin with, but sticking one on a bike with classic lines like the Bonneville just looks more or less wrong to me. While Triumph appears to have done a much better job of integrating a radiator into the overall design than say Harley Davidson's Street 750, it still throws quite a wrench into the visual works.
I agree with you 100%!!
But maybe it's just a prototype.
If this is the final design I'll be keeping my air-cooled Bonneville.
 
Interesting. With a 1000cc motor and a six speed could be nice. Note the Ohlins suspension front and rear. But it's no CB1100 killer.
 
Perhaps this is the plan. Triumph could offer this as a more premium model with a commensurate price. The Bonneville may remain an entry level model. With other premium brands like Ducati cutting into the sub $9k pricepoint, Triumph had better keep something around to compete..

I do like this bike.
 
I too was intrigued by the Triumph street tracker concept. I debated waiting until Triumph actually brought them to the States. In the end I chose the 2014 CB1100. I have had two Thruxtons carb, EFI and a Scrambler over the past 10 years. Beautiful bikes but built to a price point that sacrificed suspension and braking, not to mention sluggish performance. I just did not feel that Triumph would endow the tracker with the necessary components to make it a real performer.
 
Back
Top