2016 Harley Davidson Roadster

metallyguitarded_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
This new bike coming out by HD has piqued my interest. It's similar in design to the Sportster and Iron 883 but there's just something about it that draws me in unlike those others. What do you think?

 
From what I've read of this model, it has some needed improvements among them, more suspension travel which is easily seen in the photo. Also a larger fuel tank, improved front forks and brakes. Not a bike I would want personally but a good choice for someone who likes the Sportster style.
 
I like the look of that bike... but for me, unless I was going to replace my CB (and I'm not), I'll pass on it. When or if I replace my SuperGlide it would be with another big twin... not its smaller brother. Cool looking bike though!
 
Kind of like it. Would modify as follows: full-length fenders, larger headlight, slightly taller and wider mx style bars, a long flat seat, and a 2 into 1 conical black pipe.
 
Looks a lot like other the Sportsters. Always thought they look nice but I've read so many negative things about them I would stay away.
 
if you accept the Sportster for it's limitations, it can be a fun bike. Narrow, torquey, sounds good (even with stock pipes!) and as long as you don't go over about 55 mph acceptably smooth enough lol. When you start comparing it to other bikes is when it takes a beating.
 
Chip have you done mid mounts too? How about an up to date pic
 
Looks nice to me. My goal for retirement us to have an American bike, a European bike, and a Japanese bike from which to choose as the ride for the day. The Japanese spot is filled as this CB is a keeper. The European will almost certainly be another Bonnie to replace the one that I still miss. The American will probably be an Indian, but if it were to be Sportster, this one would get serious consideration.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Chip have you done mid mounts too? How about an up to date pic
Mick,

Yes I've done mid-mounts and it took a bit of fab work to narrow the peg locations as well. The highway pegs that HD sells for the Sportster are awful so I'm fabricating my own. As soon as I put it back together I'll take pictures and detail all of my Chip Beck Spec mods. Cheers.

Chip
 
I was looking to buy an XR1200 around the same time the CB hit the American market. It's a good thing that I couldn't find one, new or used in 2013, as I may not have bought either one of my CB's...
 
Yep. I had it narrowed down to a lightly used XR1200, the new Bonnie 1200, and a CB1100. When I finally test rode the Honda, I bought it that day. And I had enough money left for other...um..."needed stuff." (Is that a better word than "farkles"?)
 
Back
Top