2016 CB1100

I ride a Guzzi for the same reason; yet in Phoenix, Guzzi's are fairly common. Well, common for an odd bike. What is really uncommon: The CB1100. But I'm pretty sure they sold well nto the double digits here.
 
I think the most powerful, hp-wise, bike I've ever owned was a 2007 Yamaha FJR1300. I don't remember the exact horsepower number but I believe it was in the 140's. I do remember making myself stutter a couple of times on that monster. Once jumping on the interstate at full throttle, zooming up the onramp and instantly hitting about 90 mph... when I realized the car just ahead of me, also entering the highway, was doing maybe 60 mph - thank heavens for those big ABS brakes.

The second time was later that day, in Eureka Springs, Arkansas when coming out of a mountain curve onto a long straight stretch I popped the throttle open after shifting into 3rd... and realized the front wheel was airborne... wooooheee, now that also made me stutter. lol

Now... I just wanna Cruise.
 
I remember testing the Honda V65 Magna (it had a bad coil, had to get it warm to get it to fail to confirm); dang, that bike would stretch your arms and flatten your eye balls. It's kinda tame now compared to some of the monsters out there today.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I remember testing the Honda V65 Magna (it had a bad coil, had to get it warm to get it to fail to confirm); dang, that bike would stretch your arms and flatten your eye balls. It's kinda tame now compared to some of the monsters out there today.
What I would call one of the early "super bikes", Rboe.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I remember testing the Honda V65 Magna (it had a bad coil, had to get it warm to get it to fail to confirm); dang, that bike would stretch your arms and flatten your eye balls. It's kinda tame now compared to some of the monsters out there today.
I remember those 80s coils with the heat problems :D

My favorite V65 was the Sabre. Standard style bike with the superb V4. Of course, like the CB1100, as a standard bike it was much less popular than the flashier Magna version.

It was the most powerful bike I'd ever ridden, until I took a ride on my friend's VMAX. Yikes!
 
I had an 85 V65 Sabre. Great bike. My only issue was the seat height. It was quite lofty for a munchkin like me. It was also heavy. I dropped it one day while trying to pull a tight U-turn in a parking lot and decided to sell it. The guy that bought it was head over heels excited about getting it, so I know it went to a good home.
 
Flynrider; there is a full dress V45 Sabre over in Chandler right now. It has the Hondaline sport fairing and I wish I had the room and money to score on it.
 
I do think if the CB 1100's had more HP they would be more popular with younger riders. However we also have to remember the U.S. economy wasn't exactly robust when the CB1100 was introduced here. Since 2008 many companies pretty much froze salaries. If you got a raise it was minimal. Despite the claims of the government and media the country is still in the grips of the great recession. The economy played a huge part in the poor sales of the CB1100. When the economy really gets rolling again and Honda increases the power of the CB1100 I believe it would be a huge success. It looks like what most people think a motorcycle looks like and it is very comfortable.
 
According to MCN - motor cycle news, a UK weekly paper and online, the new CB1100 is imminent, along with an air cooled sports model which has been around as a concept bike for a while. It's got a more shapely tank, diff. Foot Hangers, grab rail and exhaust. Looks good. There also mention of the 'CB Four' which looks like an early 70's CB750. I'll see if I can find the link to it. It's in 'News' on Honda.eu
Very much like my White House CB1100. It would be nice if they put one of those out...
CB Four is here, Apologieies if this is old news...

Honda CB Four Prototype Overview
 
That's a lovely looking bike.
 
The CB Four shown is a prototype and photo dated from 2009. While it is a better rehash of the the CB750 in terms of visuals, suspect some things would need to be changed to make it meet modern standards such as the tail light and turn signals which look like they came from a JP Cycles Harley catalog.
 
e3350c8fa4f1f7e6b2c613cc247d8f3f.jpg
 
quietguy_imp said:
I love those 4 into 4 pipes... but overall, I prefer my CB1100.
I prefer the CB Four except for the tail light, turn signals and the front calipers sitting in front of the fork legs.... tooooo retro on that score. I would also like to see this bike in forest green and bright red with a classy pin stripe like the old CB650s had (1981 or so). That bike looks like it is carbureted from the pic (may be FI made to look like a carb rack) but FI is almost a certainty given the restrictive smog laws in the countries where it would be marketed.

The passenger grab rail is kind of poorly placed... what gal on the back could reach the thing? Perhaps the headlight shell would look better in black? Hope they come out with this one at some point.
 
I like the CB Four concept. As I recall it was one of the early prototype designs that they played with before the CB1100 design was nailed down.

You can achieve nearly the same look with the Whitehouse K10 kit (and some $$s).

 
Motogeezer1949_imp said:
I was talking to the rider of a retro-styled Triumph today who postulated that American CB buyers, much like those of other like machines are relatively affluent, old, fat, bald, out of shape white guys wanting to re-live the past. A market that is dying out. On that note, I find it of interest that all the Asian CB Face Book sites I frequent seem to be populated by energetic, enthusiastic young people, who I assume have to be pretty financially successful since as best as I can tell, CB's aren't inexpensive there.
I can't say for sure but in new York city I've only seen our bikes ridden by one other rider. He was surprised I was in my thirties and he himself was fattish, mid-50s and Caucasian so generalization or not, there seems to be this impression. A shame really because my friends who are younger really love our bikes but cant afford it.
 
Back
Top