2016 CB 1100 Rally

Chapomis_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I haven't been on the Forum much lately so I may have missed some things and I don't mean this to be a official Rally thread, but has there been any talk about a date for 2016 ? This year was May 28 thru 31 which was the weekend after Memorial Day w/e. In 2016 Memorial Day w/e falls on the 30th of May. Would it be wise to talk about doing it on Mem w/e, 26 thru 29 as its a long weekend and easier for members to attend ? or better to do it the week before to avoid traffic issues ? Maybe we could start a poll ?
 
Having another rally will require someone (not me) to stand up and take charge, pick a time and place, make sure there are plenty of accommodations and restaurants in the area and of course some good riding roads.

woo hoo just noticed this is post number ....... for me, proof once again I have no life :rolleyes:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Having another rally will require someone (not me) to stand up and take charge, pick a time and place, make sure there are plenty of accommodations and restaurants in the area and of course some good riding roads.

woo hoo just noticed this is post number ....... for me, proof once again I have no life :rolleyes:
And I remember you saying that when Guth first turned on the forum. And I said that's why you should be moderator!! :P

Congrats on the milestone!! :thumbsup:
 
I have never been to a rally but would love to attend. I'd imagine Memorial weekend is not ideal as alot of people have other plans. Just my 2 c as someone who would be interested in going.
 
Thread starter
i just assumed it would be in the same area and based at the Iron Horse. The Smokys offer perfect riding, accommodations and are very centerlly
located.
 
Thread starter
Thanks 4 Paws, I'm actually trying to put together a ride on the BRP from beginning to end with my son next spring and hoping it would coincide with the rally.
 
Thread starter
I took 4 Paws advise and looked into Smyth County Virginia. It looks like there is a lot of good riding there. Is anyone on the forum familiar with the area ? For scale, the red (outer) loop is 224 miles

 
I ride a little southeast of there from time to time. My riding partner knows the roads like the back of his hand so I just tuck in behind him. Never been to that particular area but if it's anything like the roads nearby they will be great.
 
Ive ridden in Virginia some over near s/e West Virginia, beautiful state and roads in that area, but not sure of accomodations for large groups. As long as there are 3 or 4 motels in the area it can work though. Not everyone has to stay in the same building.
 
I'm quite familiar with the area.
About the best everyday riding I've ever found. Liked it so much I moved to the neighborhood.
That site has done a good job of mapping some nice rides but there is so much to explore there. They just focused on major roads, lots of excellent meandering to be done.
Hwy 16 thru Hungry Mothers State Park is good and goes up thru WVa into Pa and beyond and the other direction into NC close to "The Snake".
If anybody ever wants to ride the neighborhood I'll start you off with a list of places to ride thru that are fun and uncrowded.
Hotels, camping, cabins galore.
 
Thread starter
4 Paws_imp said:
I'm quite familiar with the area.
About the best everyday riding I've ever found. Liked it so much I moved to the neighborhood.
That site has done a good job of mapping some nice rides but there is so much to explore there. They just focused on major roads, lots of excellent meandering to be done.
Hwy 16 thru Hungry Mothers State Park is good and goes up thru WVa into Pa and beyond and the other direction into NC close to "The Snake".
If anybody ever wants to ride the neighborhood I'll start you off with a list of places to ride thru that are fun and uncrowded.
Hotels, camping, cabins galore.
4 Paws, do you know if there is an equivalent in Smyths County of the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Robbinsville NC ?
 
I'm in for Virginia... it would need to be mid week, like Tuesday-Thursday or Mon-Thursday, mid to late May. But I know nothing about the area so I can't coordinate it. I'd be happy with going back to Robbinsville though.
 
Thread starter
I have been automatically thinking weekend, I never considered having the rally during the week. On the plus side weekday riding means less traffic on the roads. I'm going through last years list of attendees in my head and trying to think who wouldn't have been able to attend if it had been during the week. I think some took a extended weekend and most arrived on Thursday and traveled at least a day to get there. I like the idea of a Monday thru Thursday rally, What do other potential attendees think ?
 
Thread starter
Oops, when I started this thread, having been away for a couple of months, I didn't realize that ride4now had already started a thread for the 2016 Rally. Because of redundancy and the fact that I didn't start this thread in the right location, I am going to abandon this thread in favor of ride4now's thread.
 
Back
Top