2015 Yamaha SR 400

There will probably be a kit to replace the fi with a carb and points ignition for those really needing that fully authentic old bike feel. Kidding of course but it's funny to see an old bike like this imported to the American market after all this time. If memory serves the sr500 didn't sell to well 30 years ago but oddly I like the idea of a simple urban run about.
 
"Riders will have to use the kickstarter and a hand-operated decompression lever to get the engine running. "
Not too sure about this being a starter bike. It is small enough for ladies, but do they really want to be seeing kick starting it, after stalling leaving a traffic light?
And at that price I rather buy two Cleveland Cycle werks ace, just in case one breaks down.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
I like it! Looks fun. Some will see it as overpriced and a little too heavy. The Suzuki TU250 was in this space but it isn't coming back for 2014. I don't know if it did very well or not.

I still think a 750cc standard is the sweet spot. An I4 750 styled close to the CB11 and/or even an 800cc V4 standard like the Sabre of the early '80's would rock. (Of course, I'm a bit partial to the V4s.)
 
I am waiting for Triumph to stuff a version of the 800 triple motor into a sporty standard or retro. I'll be first in line. Call it the Trident.
 
Kinda pricey; I'd check the dealers after they sit for a while. :angel:

Now if Honda did a GB650 based off the 650L motor.....:cool:
 
Got to love Craigslist..where else can they claim "unmolested show room condition" and " thousands of dollars in receipts" and "new paint" in the same list?
 
In 1978 the SR500 had cast wheels, not tubeless tires & a rear disk. Tubes still blow out, I don't like that kind of a surprise. The evap canister had to go there? And then it is probably not highway suitable as its top speed is likely no more then 75. CBR250 or Ninga 300 are better choices.
 
I lured my friend into buying one of these just because of the looks... said he was interested in taking his MSF Course, but it's one of those friends who you'd worry for in 2 wheels. Figured the kickstart only factor was make-it-or-break-it for his riding aspirations...4 years(and more lowsides my friend likes to admit) later she's still kicking.. great starter bike considering you do a lot of city riding. Hwy is obviously not where the bike shines

I put the first 50 miles on the bike back in 2015 since my friend wasn't ready to throw his leg over it upon delivery, crossed the Ran Rafael, GGB and Bay bridges... kinda sold me on moving to California looking back now that I think about it... Instantly named her "La Poderosa" :biker:
 
Back
Top