2015 CB

I'm actually learning how to ride on my CB. already had my (hopefully only) drop and it *is* heavy, but I'm feeling good with it now. so far, no regrets.
Getting back to the topic of the thread: I'm sad to hear there will be no 2015 model only because it doesn't bode well for parts availability and aftermarket support going forward.
 
DBXXX...sorry to hear you dropped it. I hope you didn't do any damage to it or yourself. As for the 2015, I'm not sure that we really know yet. My guess we'll learn in February...if I remember right, it was last Feb when we learned about the 2015.
 
ride4now_imp said:
DBXXX...sorry to hear you dropped it. I hope you didn't do any damage to it or yourself. As for the 2015, I'm not sure that we really know yet. My guess we'll learn in February...if I remember right, it was last Feb when we learned about the 2015.
Looks like Ferret posted that the 2014s were officially announced on Jan. 21st of last year.

If 2015s are going to show up as usual in the spring, they should be rolling off the assembly line right about now. Have we got any members from Japan who could go over and take a look? :D
 
That wouldn't tell us if they were coming here though.
 
DBXXX_imp said:
I'm actually learning how to ride on my CB. already had my (hopefully only) drop and it *is* heavy, but I'm feeling good with it now. so far, no regrets.
Getting back to the topic of the thread: I'm sad to hear there will be no 2015 model only because it doesn't bode well for parts availability and aftermarket support going forward.
They are still selling them overseas and will be for quite a few years so parts availability will be fine. What it does show is the foolishness of public input. In 2010 they produced a great bike. In 2013 it arrived here in the US. Of course, Americans complained, wanting a 6th gear and other changes. 2014 gave us these changes, increasing the cost to retool and produce them. Still doesn't sell any better. And we wonder why it might not be offered here again.
 
There is no way that Honda redesigned this bike JUST because the Americans were complaining about it. This must have come from world wide feedback since LONG before it was released here because they had to get all of the designs made up and approved and a prototype made to make sure everything was up to snuff. And then go through the process of fine tuning the transmission and final drive combinations to make sure it is what they want out of the bike.
Then after all of that is done they have to change up the factory accessories to make sure they fit and are ready to go when they release the revamped model.
 
Mmmm .... must have been whingeing Australians who have been rewarded by the bike no longer being available here. :(
 
ride4now_imp said:
DBXXX...sorry to hear you dropped it. I hope you didn't do any damage to it or yourself. As for the 2015, I'm not sure that we really know yet. My guess we'll learn in February...if I remember right, it was last Feb when we learned about the 2015.
Thanks :) Just cosmetic damage (for both of us).
 
Do you think that Honda might skip a year to clear out unsold 2013s and 2014s? Maybe put the fear of god into folks sitting on the sidelines and not to lose their last chance at a CB1100?
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Do you think that Honda might skip a year to clear out unsold 2013s and 2014s? Maybe put the fear of god into folks sitting on the sidelines and not to lose their last chance at a CB1100?
It is not discontinued, so that is my assumption that they will skip 2015 bike to sale inventory and come out with a 2016.
 
Forgot to mention when I stopped in the shop yesterday to pick up my ST from the service dept the owner told me he sold 2 CB 1100s yesterday. 1 left and the other is going Tuesday.
 
Elipten_imp said:
And here they don't move at all.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't think they move to fast here in Michigan either. There are still dealers sitting on 2013's in my area.
 
We still have a new 2013 at the dealership here. Such a shame; I guess those who want one already have one. Or maybe the salesmen aren't repping enough...
 
I think the initial price threw a lot of buyers off, but what I don't get is why so many are still sitting even after the discounts.
 
Why are the sitting? I bought one because I have a passion for the Honda air cooled four. It was still a struggle. If that Victory Kingpin I was looking at was a couple of grand cheaper my CB would not be mine and I would be riding a Kingpin to the Smokies.

So, I guess the answer might be there are fewer of us with a passion for this design and there are more competitive bikes out there and so the CB is really just one of many great bikes for sale and not the only one worth having, like the CB750 was when it was introduced and was the great superbike with no peer for a while.

This means we who have a passion for the bike are lucky we can get one for a great price and if we get tired of it we have options unlike how it was in old CB750 days so it's all good! Amazing so! Even a Harley is an option nowadays when back then it was a leaking piece of crap compared to the CBs IMO. Pretty sure that was the case, I remember it that way.
 
Maybe all us old guys that wanted one already bought one.

Maybe the bike is so different from what else is out there that younger riders who didn't own a UJM in the old days are hesitant to consider one or buy one without a test ride, and many here have said their local Honda dealers won't allow test rides.
 
Back
Top