old blue_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Two quotes from the different threads on this article. I'd be interested to hear (read?) other views. Mine is that it suggests that the author of the statement either knows mountains more than me or has lost the plot. Was it meant to be a compliment? Was he saying it's such a beautifully mannered and balanced bike that even a beginner could ride it? Or was it part of the 'faint praise'? Was he saying it was such a boring and gutless bike that even a beginner could ride it. I can't make up my mind.rjk555_imp said:“I never thought I’d say an 1100 would make a great beginner bike, but the CB1100 really would"
I think that was a compliment.
Cormanus_imp said:Two quotes from the different threads on this article. I'd be interested to hear (read?) other views. Mine is that it suggests that the author of the statement either knows mountains more than me or has lost the plot. Was it meant to be a compliment? Was he saying it's such a beautifully mannered and balanced bike that even a beginner could ride it? Or was it part of the 'faint praise'? Was he saying it was such a boring and gutless bike that even a beginner could ride it. I can't make up my mind.rjk555_imp said:“I never thought I’d say an 1100 would make a great beginner bike, but the CB1100 really would"
I think that was a compliment.
I also know it doesn't really matter what he thinks, except ........ people in positions of influence, however minor, shouldn't peddle nonsense that might influence people. The idea that a beginner could easily ride an 1100cc motorcycle, even one as charming and well behaved as the CB1100, is surely nonsensical. Even the power-reduced 650 cc bikes that learners and novice riders can ride in Australia are probably too big for many. It's not just power; there's also the weight of the things to be considered. Then there's the combination of those two factors.
My $0.02 worth. :beerchug:
Two quotes from the different threads on this article. I'd be interested to hear (read?) other views. Mine is that it suggests that the author of the statement either knows mountains more than me or has lost the plot. Was it meant to be a compliment? Was he saying it's such a beautifully mannered and balanced bike that even a beginner could ride it? Or was it part of the 'faint praise'? Was he saying it was such a boring and gutless bike that even a beginner could ride it. I can't make up my mind.rjk555_imp said:“I never thought I’d say an 1100 would make a great beginner bike, but the CB1100 really would"
I think that was a compliment.
Guth,Guth_imp said:Chip, did you and your son share your thoughts with one another after trading bikes back? I'd be curious to know how he felt about your CB1100 after that experience.


Outstanding! As a matter of fact, I want a t-shirt with those words of wisdom.Rboe_imp said:Duc's have great PR, like Harley's. Most of us get sucked into the image at some point. Hopefully, at some point, we find other aspects more important.![]()
:beerchug:

Cormanus_imp said:Two quotes from the different threads on this article. I'd be interested to hear (read?) other views. Mine is that it suggests that the author of the statement either knows mountains more than me or has lost the plot. Was it meant to be a compliment? Was he saying it's such a beautifully mannered and balanced bike that even a beginner could ride it? Or was it part of the 'faint praise'? Was he saying it was such a boring and gutless bike that even a beginner could ride it. I can't make up my mind.rjk555_imp said:“I never thought I’d say an 1100 would make a great beginner bike, but the CB1100 really would"
I think that was a compliment.
I also know it doesn't really matter what he thinks, except ........ people in positions of influence, however minor, shouldn't peddle nonsense that might influence people. The idea that a beginner could easily ride an 1100cc motorcycle, even one as charming and well behaved as the CB1100, is surely nonsensical. Even the power-reduced 650 cc bikes that learners and novice riders can ride in Australia are probably too big for many. It's not just power; there's also the weight of the things to be considered. Then there's the combination of those two factors.
My $0.02 worth. :beerchug:
Two quotes from the different threads on this article. I'd be interested to hear (read?) other views. Mine is that it suggests that the author of the statement either knows mountains more than me or has lost the plot. Was it meant to be a compliment? Was he saying it's such a beautifully mannered and balanced bike that even a beginner could ride it? Or was it part of the 'faint praise'? Was he saying it was such a boring and gutless bike that even a beginner could ride it. I can't make up my mind.rjk555_imp said:“I never thought I’d say an 1100 would make a great beginner bike, but the CB1100 really would"
I think that was a compliment.
