2014 VMAX ownership experience.

wildezt_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Has anyone of our members here owned a Vmax before or currently?.. I've ridden one a few times before.. never owned one.. was curious on how the ownership experience is like.. ?




 
I had one in the mid 90's. Had a Kerker 4-1....sounded like a Indy car. Super fast... In a straight line. Didn't think the overall handling was that good.
 
Ive never owned one, but have ridden them. Love riding them not for their handling prowess thats for sure, but for the fact that it just feels like you are sitting on top of this big honkin motor and not much else. Wouldn't want one as a one and only, but would love to have one at my disposal for when I want to misbehave.
 
Second ferret. Loved my brief ride, would love to do it again, but not willing to buy as one in my stable. I have far more interest in a GB500 if I could find one.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Deanohh_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
IMO, they should fire whoever designed those mufflers! :s
Didn't you also notice the big ugly useless fake air scoops.
Didn't you also notice the big ugly useless fake air scoops.
Actually in the Gen 2 version the air scoops are functional. They weren't on the original model. There's a lot of debate on the VMax forums as to how effective they really are, but there's no doubt that they do provide an inlet for fresh air, vs. the original ones which were simply plastic decorations.

http://www.starvmax.com/forum/13-technic...0&start=10
 
Consider the Ducati Diavel. Has the motor and handling. A buddy has one and loves it. Tours on it even.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Consider the Ducati Diavel. Has the motor and handling. A buddy has one and loves it. Tours on it even.
Good point. The March issue of Rider magazine did a comparo on these two bikes. Power to weight ratio is identical, but the Duke handles better and dosen't inhale gas like the Vmax does. The Duke costs about $1500 more. Interesting bikes - not sure which is uglier... :P

~ The Bee
 
I remember very well when the Gen-I V-Max was announced. I was working at KSC and a bunch of us were commuting on our bikes. We just couldn't get over the idea that this new bike would put out over ONE HUNDRED HORSEPOWER. If you weren't riding back then, it's hard to image what a staggering number that was. You'd hear stuff like "the torque will destroy the tires," or "it'll ground loop if you twitch the throttle." And the whole V-Boost system was futuristic techno stuff we ate up like kids with candy. My buddy Joe Berretta bought the first one in the county and proceeded to stomp every bike at KSC with it.

I rode the new V-Max at the 2012 Bike Week demos. It was remarkably easy to ride for it's size and power, and I liked the feeling of being "in" the bike vs. "on" it, as with most bikes. It's obviously intended for short-hops and drag racing, but it'd probably be an enjoyable day-rider too.
 
I owned 1985 Purple V-max. I loved this bike, it was a brute. A 135hp & 155mph back then. But as good as this bike was, it doesn't compare to the new one, not even close.
 
I've owned a couple of 1st Gen Vmax's and have rode a 2nd Gen Vmax.

1st off there is NOTHING LIKE IT, I'm a huge fan of both Gen's.

2nd here's how I describe the power on the 2nd Gen....."power/torque everywhere at any speed and in any gear". They handle and stop pretty good too.

Still looking for a 2nd Gen for $10K. They are out there, not common, but out there.
Almost forgot.........throw about $1000 at it and it is a 200 horse(at the rear wheel) beast......
 
Thread starter
I have never ridden a Gen2 so far... Too uncommon to find...I had driven the Gen1 ...and it was good... Never owned either before though...
 
i'd love to have a 2nd gen, rode one once, only word to describe it is insane. power and power and POWER.

I just can't justify the price to buy a new one, almost jumped on one for $13k but someone beat me to it.
 
Back
Top