2014 standard - comments received

I'd love to have one like I described, for days I'm feeling a little evil lol.
Maybe when I retire from touring.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I'd love to have one like I described, for days I'm feeling a little evil lol.
Maybe when I retire from touring.
^MUAHAHAHAHA! (maniacal laugh)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If I buy a standard I will leave it stock just as it is. My dealer has had one for awhile vin #600 if it don't sell this summer I know the price will drop during the winter months. The black is a lean mean machine from the factory! I got 2 deluxe just because they made to order from honda and I'm hoping they will hold value in 25 years or so. The black is a fine bike. I think we have over 1,000 members and only maybe 25 deluxe bikes. So they not a big seller. Today I was on Craig's list and the 13 models are higher now than last month for new ones !
 
It could have been bull, but I had both dealerships I talked to before I got my 13 say that the Honda incentives were coming off at the end of this month. So that may be the reason for the increase on Craig's list. However, it also wouldn't surprise me if they had different incentives coming next month.
 
Thread starter
So I got another "it's beautiful" comment, this time from a teenager at the local menard's. So far, the tally stands at "beautiful" x2 and "angry weightlifting gorilla"x1.[attachment=1539]
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Wildezt. Can you really tell a difference?
They are definitely an improvement over the stockers, more whiter too... However they are not drastically different. I also have 2 trail tech HIDs mounted either sides of the big red on the crash bars which would take care of what is missing :).
 
If I was a dealer with 13 models I would sell for MSRP if they don't sell let them sit there. In about 5 years a 13 should bring over MSRP on a showroom floor!
 
Ridem32_imp said:
If I was a dealer with 13 models I would sell for MSRP if they don't sell let them sit there. In about 5 years a 13 should bring over MSRP on a showroom floor!
The problem is the dealer is paying interest on the bikes every day they're on the floor. In fact they call the financing the "Floor Plan." That's most of the reason they get so ancy to move stock when it's been around too long.
 
evanworld_imp said:
Most frequent comment I hear on my 14 DLX is "is that a vintage bike?" Wonder if the Vader ride hears the same.
I suspect that soon in Washington state they'll be preceding every sentence with "Far out man". That should work especially well with the retro Honda.
 
Thread starter
I honestly haven't gotten many comments. Most of the time when a badass hooligan bike like this pulls up, any parents are preoccupied with sheltering their children and the men are too busy avoiding eye contact to risk conversation.
 
A cop pulled me over because I didn't have a plate (apparently dealerships aren't giving temp tags anymore?). Anyways, showed him my papers and all was good. Took a look at the bike and said, "Damn, that thing is a beast!" I smiled and said, "yeah...yeah it is."
 
Target fixation::
Yesterday on the highway i passed a car, within a couple of seconds he's on the side of me staring at the bike a guess. I gave him the thumbs up, he has this big grin on his face and stayed on the side of me for a good 1/2 mile. Thought i better get out of here before he runs into someone.
 
CIP57_imp said:
Target fixation::
Yesterday on the highway i passed a car, within a couple of seconds he's on the side of me staring at the bike a guess. I gave him the thumbs up, he has this big grin on his face and stayed on the side of me for a good 1/2 mile. Thought i better get out of here before he runs into someone.
I've gotten plenty of that. A LOT of stares, especially in parking lots. Yesterday I was passing through a green light and a guy sitting at the red light (with his girlfriend in the car) literally cheered me on as I passed through the intersection. I gave him a courtesy downshift ;)
 
This is copied from my very first post on this forum, almost exactly 1 year ago. Rather than put in a link I'm just copying an pasting it here:

I live in Central Florida but bought my CB1100 from Southern Honda in Chattanooga, TN. The price difference between my local dealers and S.H. justified the effort. Anyway, I flew to Chattanooga with a duffel of gear and rode back home, 570 miles. The weather cooperated and I had clear skies the whole way. Coming through Macon, Georgia the speed limit was lower than the open road so I dropped to 5 mph over and kept an eye open for law enforcement. Sure enough, I spotted a cruiser a ways back and one lane over. I slow to the speed limit and watched as he closed the gap and moved into my lane. He hung there for half a minute and then moved over and came up next to me. I'm sweating. He's staying right next to me so I look over, through his open window into the face of a big, burly city cop. He pointed at my bike and I first thought he was signaling me to pull over, then I saw the huge grin on his face. He was digging my bike!

He pulled ahead of me and got off at the next exit. I was a laughing fool for the rest of the way through Macon!
 
How about a picture?

233d1bf3e90cac36f0839f62e63e1f11.jpg
 
Back
Top