2014 Side Cover on 2013

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
The only real issue I've had with Honda's execution of the original CB1100 was the cheap looking plastic left side cover. Last week I ordered a 2014 DLX side cover from Bike Bandit and I installed it today. What a difference, really looks great I think and money well spent. Shame on Honda for placing such cheap crap on what is a first rate bike. I used a nut and some Loc-tite with the OE bolt to cover the lower hole in the new cover. I found it necessary to place a hard rubber grommet on the lower bolt mount, where the lower bolt would fasten with the original cover in place, to offset the slight movement in that area.

7e41e6fce54d2c8401cfa02354c273d4.jpg


9804cdd6918b68928d1ce4fb68a676d4.jpg


1d62104771e4aca7d770647adc571fb7.jpg
 
Nice work, redbirds. Looks great.
 
That's the ticket, Red. Big improvement. Do you happen to have the Honda part number and cost handy?
 
Back
Top