2014 Honda CB1100A Deluxe ABS

No way that's gonna happen. New ones going for 7999. This bike is a bad investment. I mean, that's what I paid for my 2013 Standard NEW. Accessories reduce the value.
 
treytexag_imp said:
But I don't believe there are any new ones left or available in the US, are there? This is a 14 DLX . . . .
Nobody wants that bike. That is why it is left over. It's already two model years old. Why would someone pay retail for a two-year-old bike that is used to boot? I saw a 2014 Standard for 7999 recently in a dealership. Basically the exact same bike, a little less fuel and 31 pounds lighter.

Well, someone may want it, who knows?
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
treytexag_imp said:
But I don't believe there are any new ones left or available in the US, are there? This is a 14 DLX . . . .
Nobody wants that bike. That is why it is left over. It's already two model years old. Why would someone pay retail for a two-year-old bike that is used to boot? I saw a 2014 Standard for 7999 recently in a dealership. Basically the exact same bike, a little less fuel and 31 pounds lighter.

Well, someone may want it, who knows?
:rofl: I think this is called having two bob each way.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
treytexag_imp said:
But I don't believe there are any new ones left or available in the US, are there? This is a 14 DLX . . . .
Nobody wants that bike. That is why it is left over. It's already two model years old. Why would someone pay retail for a two-year-old bike that is used to boot? I saw a 2014 Standard for 7999 recently in a dealership. Basically the exact same bike, a little less fuel and 31 pounds lighter.

Well, someone may want it, who knows?
:rofl: I think this is called having two bob each way.
:rofl: I think this is called having two bob each way. No one with any common sense wants that bike at that price. There y'are.
 
You never know. The Deluxes are rare, they return a higher percentage used than the stds do. The accessories dont mean anything to someone who doesnt want them, but add value to the buyer that might want those same mods to his bike. It is not chopped up, but has a tasteful windshield, safety bars, luggage rack and trunk. A buyer who is not interested in those could still buy the bike and sell those items on ebay, recouping some of his money.
 
Around here, that bike would probably sell for closer to $7000. I agree with Ferret that there's value in the accessories, but they don't necessarily justify an increase in the bike's price.
 
Just saying whoever is selling, don't be disappointed you don't get 10 grand for the bike.

And if someone's buying, shop around.

Ferret and I seem to agree: you never know. Someone out there may absolutely want a Deluxe, and that buyer and that bike may meet up.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Around here, that bike would probably sell for closer to $7000. I agree with Ferret that there's value in the accessories, but they don't necessarily justify an increase in the bike's price.
I'd give them $7000 for that bike all day long.
 
will866_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Around here, that bike would probably sell for closer to $7000. I agree with Ferret that there's value in the accessories, but they don't necessarily justify an increase in the bike's price.
I'd give them $7000 for that bike all day long.
I'd give them $7000 for that bike all day long. And it'd be worth it.
 
Unusual twist for that dealership, they normally try the 'bait and switch' advertising, very low advertised price then jack up everything to non-competitive prices. I've shopped there several times for bikes and walked out "irritated" because of their sales tactics. Wife wanted some stuff for her bike so we stopped there, the parts counter guy pulled up some web sites we had already visited and read product descriptions verbatim.

Window shopped there last night before eating at a neighboring restaurant, floor was full of bikes. As much as I enjoy my CB I have a hard time believing a used Deluxe is worth close to 10 grand. Love to know what they gave in trade in value.
 
I spent at least 6 months looking for a DLX year ago. I was so frustrated at not finding one that I think I would have paid full asking for this one. But I was obsessed with DLX, not STD. Someone will buy it and be very happy.
 
Thread starter
the price has been lowered a couple times since it was originally posted..
 
The A-man_imp said:
I spent at least 6 months looking for a DLX year ago. I was so frustrated at not finding one that I think I would have paid full asking for this one. But I was obsessed with DLX, not STD. Someone will buy it and be very happy.

Agreed. That is especially true when that "someone" has deep pocket. I've seen with my own eyes a standard CB1100 purchased new, the owner paid about ~$10k to have it custom painted, Yoshimura exhaust ... and a bunch of other mods. The owner then rode it for less than 150 miles and sold it for cheap.
 
Back
Top