2014 DLX VIN 306 Factory Demo

Price plus ADM (additional dealer mark-up) which includes, but is not limited to, freight, set up, dealership insurance, storage fees, pre-delivery inspection, dealer profit, fuel surcharges and transportation costs incurred by dealer.

IOW- bend over while we drive this deal home!
 
Oh well, there's that theory shot!
 
$8,288!

That's an unbelievably low price for the Deluxe.

As my dad use to say, "If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is."
 
I think it's pretty close to what the market will bear price wise. Especially if there are any extra fees to be added. Think of that price compared to what a new 2014 standard could be had for.
 
Yeah, not a great price. It's a three year old used bike. The price is about average if not a little on the high side.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
uscgmac_imp said:
Yeah, not a great price. It's a three year old used bike. The price is about average if not a little on the high side.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
The Deluxe was originally $11,900. If you discounted it $1,000 a year which is Honda's custom, that would take it down to $8,900. I read NEW, and missed that it appears to have been used as a demo bike for 480 miles. I guess it could be considered second hand. So dropping it another $600 makes sense. Unfortunately the dealer considers it NEW, so they would want to recover freight and prep costs.

I've wanted a Deluxe for 3 years. But if I add $400 to have it shipped to Ogdensburg, NY (3/4 of an hour from my home) and added currency exchange (35%), that would bring it out to CDN$11,750. That's only CDN$1,250 less than the RUMOURED price of a new 2017 EX here in Canada.
 
Out of curiosity I inquired about the bike. It looks in great shape . . . except for a small chip and dent on the gas tank. Ouch. If I was looking for a DLX in nice condition, I'd prefer to find one with a pristine tank.
In addition to noted price, add on fees exceed $1,300.

Not including sales tax.
 
Thread starter
Bighonda14_imp said:
Out of curiosity I inquired about the bike. It looks in great shape . . . except for a small chip and dent on the gas tank. Ouch. If I was looking for a DLX in nice condition, I'd prefer to find one with a pristine tank.
In addition to noted price, add on fees exceed $1,300.

Not including sales tax.
Just curious did you ask if that was the correct VIN # 306?
 
The suggestion that there may have been only 300 DLXs sent to the US was originally made by me in a discussion about the production numbers of the various models. I said it based on the fact that the highest VIN on our registry is 299 and the DLX seemed to be a relatively rare beast. I'd not be surprised if there were more. 300 has always seemed a relatively low number to me.
 
Thanks Bighonda.
 
F800GT_imp said:
I am surprised that nobody has grabbed this one yet !!!
Look at my post (#3). That dealer adds fees that most dealers haven't even thought up yet! And they consider it new- even though 480 miles and a chip and dent in the tank- so they add on dealer freight and setup just like a new bike. OUCH!
 
Back
Top