2014 Deluxe Seat

Stealth128_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Stop at my dealership today they have a 2014 Deluxe.Put the seat on my 2013 perfect fit does anybody happen to know what the price? Was going to ask but they were hammered today.
Thanks,
 
Thread starter
Thank You both! Very comfy and it looks kinda old school. Must have for the CB. Also does anyone if the red side covers would fit?

Thanks,
 
This is a good uprade. More comfort for the butt and the extra legroom is certainly welcome. The more retro style is a bonus.

Procalber were fast and cheap too.
 
Ferret.

Thanks for catching that.:blush:

If anyone uses partsfish, just make sure you select the correct model and year.
 
Just dug this up since I'm interested in the look of the deluxe seat on a standard model...

Please, someone confirm that the seats are interchangeable on both years, both models.

Thanks.
 
I have a 2013 std and a 2014 Dlx, the seats are interchangeable and I can send a photo if needed.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I have both a 14 Deluxe Seat and the 14 Side Covers on my 13 CB1100. Sorry, not pics yet. They are a direct bolt on fit with no modifications.
 
Elipten_imp said:
I have a 2013 std and a 2014 Dlx, the seats are interchangeable and I can send a photo if needed.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Elipten and Super...
Thanks. Pics not needed but your observation of the comfort level of each seat type for say a 300 mile day would be appreciated...
 
A 300 mile day is approx 6 hours of time, over that period a 2013 CB will need to be fed about 5 times, and the rider once. Plenty of breaks to rub the bum, walk around a bit. broken into 125 mile segments I would think it would be no problem for you on either seat, but then again some say they can't go 1/2 of that on a stock seat. I have spent multiple 9 hour days on both seats and yea eventually you get a little bum sore, but I think that will be the case no matter what seat you are sitting on. I start squirming after sitting on my car seat after a few hours.

The 13 and 14 seats are not drastically different other than looks.
 
I bought a Corbin seat due to my finding both the 2013 and 2014 seat uncomfortable. To be fair when I bought my BMW in 1990 I found that seat also uncomfortable and replace it with. Corbin seat.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Ferret should be able to comment on the relative comfort between the two seats since his lucky A** has owned a 2013 and a 2014DLX. I would have to double-check, but I think I have logged about 10-12 300+ mile days on my 2013 and half of those were > 400 miles. The only time I felt that the stock seat contributed to my discomfort was on long days with temps above 85f. Other people swear by Air-Hawk and other alternatives, but for me the seat is working fine.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
 
OP, if I were you, rather than buying a 2014 dlx seat for your 2013 CB, I would consider the Tiros K-style or Daytona Cozy 70s style seat sold by Samurider. To me, both of those seats looks better (has a more vintage look) than the 2014 dlx seat. In addition, I have read that those two seats are more comfortable than the stock 2013 or 2014 CB seats. I am hoping that Tiros or Daytona does produce those seats for my 2014 dlx as I would strongly consider either of them.
 
Asking for opinions on seats doesn't really help the person asking all that much. 20 people will say the seat is fine, 20 will say it's fine but not for longish riding days, and 20 will tell you it's the first thing they changed because it was terrible. A few more will say it started out terrible then softened up as the miles went by. Too many variables involved with personal preferences, taste, and comfort, IMO.
 
Well said, Classic. Comfort is subjective and relative.

My suggestion to people who are new to their bike would be to ride it for a while and then for a while longer and then, if you're still uncomfortable, look at other options.
 
Stock seat, for my skinny bum, is good for about an hour. Stock seat on the Griso, about 15 minutes. Stock seat on the XR650L, about an hour to two on a good day.

Did a Russell Day Long on the Griso and the bum was fine after 600 miles. Small fairing had my shoulders begging for a break though. The RDL is, ugly as dog farts to quote the guy I bought it from.

I replaced the seat on the CB but the vendor is on my fecal roster until we can sort an issue which has dragged on far too long.
 
Lol fecal roster! Good one. Gets the point across and requires no moderation. I like that.
 
Back
Top