2014 Deluxe and K&H Hi Seat

Damfino_imp

Been there
Thread starter
If anyone's thinking of ordering right away, you may want to hold off for awhile. I ordered one the other day and now I've got an email from Mr. Takase wanting to verify that mine was not the deluxe. Maybe the seat pans are different and they haven't had time to produce them yet. I won't know anything for certain until I hear back from them. Due to the time difference, that probably won't be til late tonight or in the morning. I'll keep you posted. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Mr. Takase just got back to me and yes, the seat will not fit the 2014 deluxe. :( But, he says K&H is working on a version to fit the deluxe and it should be available sometime in May! :thumbsup:
 
Hmmm wonder why not? Wonder if the tank is longer.
 
Not good. :@

The front of the K&H seat has a 3/8" gap from the 2013 tank. I was hoping it would fit perfect on the 2014's larger tank.

Appreciate the heads up.
 
I can't imagine that they changed the frame. It has to be the length of the tank, don't you think?
 
The ferret_imp said:
I can't imagine that they changed the frame. It has to be the length of the tank, don't you think?
You be the judge:

196d95c1ead9926eb9511154df76aed0.jpg
96b2f392f5811b4f6bdfc88c47beeb78.jpg


42017de1dc15940b543373eb2fb1b9eb.jpg
 
That last picture is the two tanks overlaid? Hard to tell being such close colors lol but if so, they do not appear to be any different in length.... but in the two individual pics you can see the seats don't sit against the tank the same. The 2014 seems to curve into the tank a bit more imo. Can't see that from keeping the 2014 seat from fitting the 2013 though. Must be something else. :huh:

I do like the shape of the knee indents better on the 2014 than on the 2013, but that is personal preference.
 
The ferret_imp said:
That last picture is the two tanks overlaid? Hard to tell being such close colors lol but if so, they do not appear to be any different in length.... but in the two individual pics you can see the seats don't sit against the tank the same. The 2014 seems to curve into the tank a bit more imo. Can't see that from keeping the 2014 seat from fitting the 2013 though. Must be something else. :huh:

I do like the shape of the knee indents better on the 2014 than on the 2013, but that is personal preference.
Agree - fatter tank and different angle where it meets the seat.

3rd pic was to allow side-by-side or up and down comparision.

I'll see if Mr T can get clarification from K&H.

I have to rethink the 2014 if I can't transfer my seat.
 
Photoshop the 2013 tank white and lay it over the red 2014 tank and it will be easier to tell the differences.
 
With all this said. Any of you 14' guys going from a 13' now finding you own a KH seat that won't fit please let me know. I am jones'n for the more retro seat but the retail price is killing me.
Do that matter this same issue may apply to the luggage rack , which I'd also like.

Seems the the frame may have changes slightly in the rear. Especially at the rails.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Hi John,

Regards to your question,
Yes, it is because of the new gas tank.
K&H have purchased the CB1100 Deluxe, and said they put the K&H seat on the bike, and it slightly touch with the new tank.

I think you can use your 2013 K&H seat, if you do not mind the perfect fitting.
They are perfectionistic company..

Best regards,


Takashi Takase
-----Samurider.Com------


Some of that 3M film to protect the back area of the tank?

Once you own and break in a K&H seat, it becomes indespensible.
 
Thread starter
I'm glad Takashi was on top of that, otherwise I'd have a seat that didn't fit right. He's good to do business with. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top