2014 CB1100 ?

SnowCrash_imp said:
Thanks for that link Snow! Very interesting. I thought the CB500f that came out this year wss pretty cool, but I'm a fan of the inline 4. If the CB650F turns out to be (as the name suggests) a naked, inline 4 standard-ish bike, I'd be interested.

BTW all, Sorry for the weird double posts. It seems to happen every time I reply using the Chrome browser. Go figure!
 
I'm actually more interested in the VFR they're talking about. I think the cb1100 is good as is, unless the cb500f will actually make the same power and torque but with less weight (unlikely)
 
joega_imp said:
Why Honda is getting or trying to get 10 grand for a $8500 motorcycle I will never know (look at Honda prices across the board):(:-/ ,I will wait for Yammie FZ9 @ $7990 msrp
I think by now your ears are burning. Maybe u should join a Yammie forum.
 
In 1984 dollars, it should be a $4000 bike. :)

I've shopped around, $10K for the CB is more than fair. If you don't think so there are plenty of other bikes to choose from. Including that Yammie.
 
I think that the CB1100 carried a very fair price .I always buy for quality and not for price.Over the years I must have owned well over 25 Honda motorcycles and never had a quality problem with any of them.
 
The two bikes in question were not aimed at the same buyer ... obviously.
 
The ferret_imp said:
The two bikes in question were not aimed at the same buyer ... obviously.
Exactly, the fz9 (which I have been following since rumors arose), is a competitor with the street triple and essentially any naked-styled torque-monster of a bike typically meant for shredding canyons but also working as a daily driver quite nicely.

The fz9 has nothing to do with the cb1100. If you're comparing quality, you should see all the problems the fz9 is having (notchy throttle, horrible front end feeling, etc) vs all the problems the cb had when it first came out.

DISCLAIMER: i do not own a cb1100, my daily and only bike at the moment is an '09 T100.
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
I am afraid, as some of you have suggested, that those who are hot for these bike have bought theirs already. It could be that once all the retro Honda guys get one, the sales will drop to zip. Surely some of the dealers know how the bikes are selling nation wide. I'm going to prod my dealer for info.
If 2013 is the only year for the CB1100 in the U.S.A., I will buy another one and put it in a vacuum sealed bag. I'd keep it pristine for 25 years.
 
Bernard, that would be a great idea. You could have it hermetically sealed and keep it under Funk and Wagnall's porch (oh oh, I guess I'm showing my age!). Maybe in 25 years, it will be time for another retro movement! BTW, welcome to the asylum!
 
I'm getting old enough where another 25 years may be waiting a little too long. Hope not, but by then I"ll need a seat that does not bunch up the diaper. :s
 
Rboe_imp said:
I'm getting old enough where another 25 years may be waiting a little too long. Hope not, but by then I"ll need a seat that does not bunch up the diaper. :s
Just get a colostomy bag....PROBLEM SOLVED! :beerchug:
 
Randy B_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
I'm getting old enough where another 25 years may be waiting a little too long. Hope not, but by then I"ll need a seat that does not bunch up the diaper. :s
Just get a colostomy bag....PROBLEM SOLVED! :beerchug:
Knowing Honda, they'll make a 2038 model retro UJM with a built-in colostomy bag. :P
 
Am I REALLY getting that old? Please tell me SOMEONE remembers something being hermetically sealed and being kept under Funk and Wagnall's porch!(?)
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Am I REALLY getting that old? Please tell me SOMEONE remembers something being hermetically sealed and being kept under Funk and Wagnall's porch!(?)
I had to google it and I still don't know what it is, and I am 49... Sorry, Buffalohead!
 
I remeber the term. They used it on Laugh In didnt they?
 
Capo, YES!!! Carmac!! The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, Johnny and Ed McMahan would do a bit where Johnny would be a swami called Carmac. Johnny would be dressed up in a crazy mid-east outfit. Johnny would give the answers before Ed would ask the questions. It was VERY popular and hilarious! When Ed pulled out the envelope with the questions, he always said it was "hermetically sealed and kept under Funk and Wagnall's porch." Carson was the greatest. Perhaps it's possible to find a skit online. I know you can buy "Carson's Comedy Classics" from The Tonite Show. I've seen the ads. All of this is "IIRC"!
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Capo, YES!!! Carmac!! The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, Johnny and Ed McMahan would do a bit where Johnny would be a swami called Carmac. Johnny would be dressed up in a crazy mid-east outfit. Johnny would give the answers before Ed would ask the questions. It was VERY popular and hilarious! When Ed pulled out the envelope with the questions, he always said it was "hermetically sealed and kept under Funk and Wagnall's porch." Carson was the greatest. Perhaps it's possible to find a skit online. I know you can buy "Carson's Comedy Classics" from The Tonite Show. I've seen the ads. All of this is "IIRC"!
Found this one of many

 
Back
Top