2014 CB1100 ?

Buffalohead_imp said:
Zoodles95_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
seattle2boston_imp said:
Just give me those wire wheels.

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!
Would love to see Honda do something with the CB1100 like Triumph did with the Boneville T100. Give us wire wheels and 4 into 4 exhaust.

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!
Would love to see Honda do something with the CB1100 like Triumph did with the Boneville T100. Give us wire wheels and 4 into 4 exhaust.
I'm not too crazy about the wire wheels but the 4 into 4 exhaust would be worth extra $. I saw & heard the youtube example of the 4 into 4 aftermarket and I will probably go for it, even though it's pricy.

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!
Would love to see Honda do something with the CB1100 like Triumph did with the Boneville T100. Give us wire wheels and 4 into 4 exhaust.
I'm not too crazy about the wire wheels but the 4 into 4 exhaust would be worth extra $. I saw & heard the youtube example of the 4 into 4 aftermarket and I will probably go for it, even though it's pricy.
It would be nice if Honda would step up with more factory options for this beauty. A 4 into 4 exhaust would be one they could offer and those wire wheels could be another. Nice that you can get the chrome for around the gauges etc but there are a lot of other things riders/customers would want/like and would be willing to pay for. The demographic for this bike seems to trend higher than other bikes and also seems to be people with some $ so Honda could make some decent money by broadening the accessories, and parts available for this bike.
 
This is no trail for a stepper. Snag the wire wheels as they are only $3800 for the set, and the 4 into 4 exhaust for $2500. $6300 plus shipping and you're good to go!!

Chip
 
^^ I'll admit it, I had to google the phrase 'ain't no trail for a stepper'. I like it, certainly is more elegant than the Terminator's 'no problemo'!
 
Does anyone know what date or time of year Honda usually announces their new models? I'm trying to hold out for a factory black. I don't want to get itchy and break down and paint a red one (partly because I really want the silver wheels and engine). My sidecar is ready for a new partner and I already have all of the custom hook-ups and mounting parts ready. The suspense is killing me!
 
I was at my dealers last week when the Honda Area Manager was there. He said the 2014 CB1100 is getting spoked wheels, a 6th gear and a 4 into 2 exhaust system.
I don't what those things, so I'm glad I've got mine already!
 
Doc_imp said:
I was at my dealers last week when the Honda Area Manager was there. He said the 2014 CB1100 is getting spoked wheels, a 6th gear and a 4 into 2 exhaust system.
I don't what those things, so I'm glad I've got mine already!

I think someone was pulling someones leg, but we shall see. ;)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Doc_imp said:
I was at my dealers last week when the Honda Area Manager was there. He said the 2014 CB1100 is getting spoked wheels, a 6th gear and a 4 into 2 exhaust system.
I don't what those things, so I'm glad I've got mine already!

I think someone was pulling someones leg, but we shall see. ;)

I think someone was pulling someones leg, but we shall see. ;)
Definitely no leg pulling. Honda Germany are only importing 50 of the new machines as they still have 100 2013 models in stock and need to sell them first. The new bike will also be €1000 more. Only the top 50 dealers in Germany will get there hands on one of the new bikes.
I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of his statement.

We are also getting a new NC750 S and X, a new CB650, a new VFR800 and an updated Crossrunner both with modified/updated VFR engines. Some of these are already reported on the net.
 
So the standard CB 1100 will be the same, and this will be some sort of special edition model? Interesting.

Personally i don't care about the spoked wheels, but the 4 into 2 exhaust might be nice.
 
Doc_imp said:
I was at my dealers last week when the Honda Area Manager was there. He said the 2014 CB1100 is getting spoked wheels, a 6th gear and a 4 into 2 exhaust system.
I don't what those things, so I'm glad I've got mine already!
Germany/Europe, only?
 
WOW, if it comes out with 6 gears and spoked rims I've DEFINITELY gotta hurry up, pay off my t100 and figure out which bike will take which side of the garage!
 
Doc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Doc_imp said:
I was at my dealers last week when the Honda Area Manager was there. He said the 2014 CB1100 is getting spoked wheels, a 6th gear and a 4 into 2 exhaust system.
I don't what those things, so I'm glad I've got mine already!

I think someone was pulling someones leg, but we shall see. ;)

I think someone was pulling someones leg, but we shall see. ;)
Definitely no leg pulling. Honda Germany are only importing 50 of the new machines as they still have 100 2013 models in stock and need to sell them first. The new bike will also be €1000 more. Only the top 50 dealers in Germany will get there hands on one of the new bikes.
I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of his statement.

We are also getting a new NC750 S and X, a new CB650, a new VFR800 and an updated Crossrunner both with modified/updated VFR engines. Some of these are already reported on the net.
A CB650?? That would be big news. Honda hasn't made one since the mid 80s. Haven't seen anything on the net about it.
Doc_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Doc_imp said:
I was at my dealers last week when the Honda Area Manager was there. He said the 2014 CB1100 is getting spoked wheels, a 6th gear and a 4 into 2 exhaust system.
I don't what those things, so I'm glad I've got mine already!

I think someone was pulling someones leg, but we shall see. ;)

I think someone was pulling someones leg, but we shall see. ;)
Definitely no leg pulling. Honda Germany are only importing 50 of the new machines as they still have 100 2013 models in stock and need to sell them first. The new bike will also be €1000 more. Only the top 50 dealers in Germany will get there hands on one of the new bikes.
I have no reason to doubt the sincerity of his statement.

We are also getting a new NC750 S and X, a new CB650, a new VFR800 and an updated Crossrunner both with modified/updated VFR engines. Some of these are already reported on the net.
A CB650?? That would be big news. Honda hasn't made one since the mid 80s. Haven't seen anything on the net about it.
 
Sounds like a "Special Edition" and my guess is Europe only..

I am predicting we'll get a blacked out Darth Vader verison here for 2014.... with alloys....
 
I love the looks of spoked rims. My Griso has them (and runs tubeless tires, not all spoked rims are tube type). A higher 6th gear would be uber cool for touring speeds. Get those rpm's down into the 3's would be very very nice.

Four into two would also be nice. I'll like the symmetry that provides (but four into four would be preferable on this bike).

That said, I've been in two local Honda dealers this weekend and both had a CB1100 on the floor that had been there a spell. I suspect the market is approaching saturation. At least for us older farts that bought one because they brought back the glory days. Now if Honda can tap into market and create a need amongst the younger rider for this bike it could be just the beginning.

Damn. Did I buy too early? :s
 
It's funny, I rode the CB to a Brit Bike show in NJ yesterday...yes, I felt like an agitator, but I own a brace of Triumphs, and just wanted to get some miles on the CB. I had at least a dozen people over the course of the afternoon ask questions, take photos and wax eloquently about the CB and their own experiences with Honda fours back in the day. And mine was the only CB11 there, which in light of the demographic and sample of spectator bikes there, almost entirely Japanese and Euro, was somewhat surprising. I don't think the CB is selling briskly in the US< so it will be interesting to see how they keep it fresh, along the lines of Triumph and The Modern Classic line, I'd imagine, so colors, wheels, exhaust, special editions, etc should be expected. I hope so!
 
cb400four_imp said:
I was initially hoping that the US CB1100 would turn out to be a big sales hit for Honda and it would enjoy a two or three year run, for a few reasons but primarily: first the more CB1100s sold, the more aftermarket parts will be available and the longer Honda will support OEM parts for the bike, and second the bigger the owners group, the better chance it remains vibrant and group rides etc will continue in the future.

Ferret's example of the 83 CB1100F is a good one: the 83 CB1100F shared (not exactly, but substantially) a wildly successful motorcycle platform which included the 80s CB750F, the 80s CB900F, and many of the non-cosmetic and non-final drivetrain parts of the very popular 80s 900 custom as well, and as a result of having all these similar bikes on the road it is relatively easy even thirty years later to keep the 83 CB1100F in running condition, but as Ferret mentions, it was only sold in the US for one year -- the perfect combination of 'rare' and 'everywhere'! I really like the 83 CB1100F as well: I just bought a 83 CB1100F from a guy in New Mexico and I'm having it shipped to the east coast, due to arrive the first week of August (when it arrives I'll add it to my sig line).
I LOVED my 1100F (Red) Put 36,000 miles on it in 12 years.
 
Back
Top