2014 CB1100 ?

I do think that Honda's marketing team made a misstep on the color choices.
The power plant should have been silver matt like the home market & Australia and the Black should have been an option.
I'm am not a real fan of the blacked out motors on any bike. Maybe just the cylinder barrels like the Brit twins.
 
This morning I stopped by at the dealer where I bought my CB1100 ( Schroeder in Hendersonville, W NC ,a very large Goldwing dealer) and ask about the 2014 CB1100.
He had not heard anything ,I told him that if a black one comes out in 2014 with a silver engine I would buy one on the spot.
He said that he would contact Honda today.
He had 2 CB1100 on the floor,both without abs and mentioned that they are selling well.
 
Buffalorider_imp said:
I do think that Honda's marketing team made a misstep on the color choices.
The power plant should have been silver matt like the home market & Australia and the Black should have been an option.
I'm am not a real fan of the blacked out motors on any bike. Maybe just the cylinder barrels like the Brit twins.
I like the black cylinders with the bare aluminum side covers on the U.S. spec CB more than the silver engine on the euro bikes. I also like the black wheels. I do wish multiple tank colors were offered, especially black, but I like the red tank too.

Chip
 
Buffalorider_imp said:
I do think that Honda's marketing team made a misstep on the color choices.
The power plant should have been silver matt like the home market & Australia and the Black should have been an option.
I'm am not a real fan of the blacked out motors on any bike. Maybe just the cylinder barrels like the Brit twins.
Nope. They nailed the color perfectly. :P
 
Buffalorider_imp said:
I do think that Honda's marketing team made a misstep on the color choices.
The power plant should have been silver matt like the home market & Australia and the Black should have been an option.
I'm am not a real fan of the blacked out motors on any bike. Maybe just the cylinder barrels like the Brit twins.
+1
 
Houtman_imp said:
This morning I stopped by at the dealer where I bought my CB1100 ( Schroeder in Hendersonville, W NC ,a very large Goldwing dealer) and ask about the 2014 CB1100.
He had not heard anything ,I told him that if a black one comes out in 2014 with a silver engine I would buy one on the spot.
He said that he would contact Honda today.
He had 2 CB1100 on the floor,both without abs and mentioned that they are selling well.
I talked to my dealer last Saturday (Bartlesville Cycle Sports, Bartlesville, OK.) They are really great to do business with and great OTD prices., He told me the same thing, that he hadn't heard yet but he is going to talk to Honda and call me.
thumper_imp said:
Buffalorider_imp said:
I do think that Honda's marketing team made a misstep on the color choices.
The power plant should have been silver matt like the home market & Australia and the Black should have been an option.
I'm am not a real fan of the blacked out motors on any bike. Maybe just the cylinder barrels like the Brit twins.
Nope. They nailed the color perfectly. :P
Nope. They nailed the color perfectly. :P
Maybe it's because I rode BMW's for 40 years, but I thought ALL motorcycles are supposed to be black!:P
 
I have three red bikes; all are Honda's. My old CJ was a maroon so every Honda I've ever owned was red or reddish. I have one green bike; but she's Italian. Most Italians seem to be red so I don't know what to say other than the red version did not pull my strings and green one did; big time. Funny how that works.

For the CB1100, if the red was not available I would have bought white. Black is just way too pedestrian.
 
Wonder how comfortable that low seat would be. Foam wise.

It would make the bars seem higher, but it would also make the seat closer to the pegs. Change one thing, it affects two others. Arrrgghhh
 
Could be the local market seat and the US would get a taller version, like they did with the 2013.
 
seattle2boston_imp said:
Just give me those wire wheels.

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!
 
I really like the tank and side covers on that one. I like the wire wheels too but would probably hate having to clean them!
 
I went to a multiline dealer today (not my selling dealer) to pick up a part for my Honda Rebel, and while there I talked to the sales manager.

He said he has sold two of our bikes, and has not seen owners so happy before.

I asked him about a 2014 model. He said absolutely there will be one. Color I asked? He said it would be the same.

FWIW. No confidence here in the answers.

Mike
 
The ferret_imp said:
seattle2boston_imp said:
Just give me those wire wheels.

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!
Would love to see Honda do something with the CB1100 like Triumph did with the Boneville T100. Give us wire wheels and 4 into 4 exhaust.
 
Zoodles95_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
seattle2boston_imp said:
Just give me those wire wheels.

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!
Would love to see Honda do something with the CB1100 like Triumph did with the Boneville T100. Give us wire wheels and 4 into 4 exhaust.

If you have the pocket jingle you can get them, but hold on tight cause they are pricey!
Would love to see Honda do something with the CB1100 like Triumph did with the Boneville T100. Give us wire wheels and 4 into 4 exhaust.
I'm not too crazy about the wire wheels but the 4 into 4 exhaust would be worth extra $. I saw & heard the youtube example of the 4 into 4 aftermarket and I will probably go for it, even though it's pricy.
 
Back
Top