2014 CB1100 ?

joega_imp said:
Why Honda is getting or trying to get 10 grand for a $8500 motorcycle I will never know (look at Honda prices across the board):(:-/ ,I will wait for Yammie FZ9 @ $7990 msrp
Take your trolling elsewhere thank you.
 
joega_imp said:
Why Honda is getting or trying to get 10 grand for a $8500 motorcycle I will never know (look at Honda prices across the board):(:-/ ,I will wait for Yammie FZ9 @ $7990 msrp
Value is in the eye of the beholder (as is beauty). one could just as easily ask why would one want to pay $8000 for a really ugly motorcycle? Or $20,000 for one that is much heavier and has much less horsepower? Yet buyers will do both every day?

One might also ask if someone was not interested in this motorcycle, why would they come to a forum specifically for CB 1100 enthusiasts and make disparaging remarks about their motorcycles?

I hope you enjoy your Yamaha as much as I am enjoying my CB 1100.
 
Am I wrong in thinking that a complex 4 cylinder engine and a pretty intricate tank, along with awesome build quality, probably makes this bike worth a little more than $8500... but I am also of the opinion that Honda should put a freaking tool kit under the seat, and sell the U-lock in the States for those of us that may want it.

Hoping that Honda wises up and decides they can make some extra money from us if they provide accessories. Hey, it works for other bike manufacturers.

Oh,and yeah, I sometimes like feeding the trolls... I will try not to next time..
 
If the 2014 model is pretty much unchanged from 2013 does honda still have to go through all the regulatory stuff to sell the bike here? If they don't it seems like bringing the bike over for another year won't cost honda much.
 
joega_imp said:
Why Honda is getting or trying to get 10 grand for a $8500 motorcycle I will never know (look at Honda prices across the board):(:-/ ,I will wait for Yammie FZ9 @ $7990 msrp
Hey Joega,

Honestly, I haven't given a second thought to what I paid for this bike. I love riding it, enjoy maintaining it and I sure do like looking at it sitting in my garage. I take a great deal of pride in my ownership of the CB1100. I expect that I'll own it for the rest of my riding years.

To my eye; that Yamaha is disappointing from a design standpoint. If it floats your boat, then more power to you. From a performance standpoint, it looks like it has the potential to be a real hoot. Plus, you don't have to watch yourself ride by on that thing, that's everyone else's problem.

In my case, even if the CB1100 cost an extra grand more next year and Yamaha dropped the price of the FZ9 by a grand, I'd still be saving my money for the CB. If you don't get it, fair enough. To each their own.
 
Every other bike I might have considered would be more that $10K.
The Yamaha Super Tentare is $15K.
A new Road Star Silverado is $15K.
A Guzzi Griso is $13K.
At $10K the CB1100 was a relative bargain looking at the quality and performance. If it's a one year wonder, so what. I'm happy.
I just wish I could find a decent exhaust that didn't require a mortgage.:huh:
 
thumper_imp said:
joega_imp said:
Why Honda is getting or trying to get 10 grand for a $8500 motorcycle I will never know (look at Honda prices across the board):(:-/ ,I will wait for Yammie FZ9 @ $7990 msrp
Take your trolling elsewhere thank you.
Take your trolling elsewhere thank you.
Hey, wait a minute. The man is obviously a US product manager for a major Japanese motorcycle manufacturer, and he actually knows better than even the m/c journalists who said the bike should come in at $10k.

OR he works at a 7-11 and can't get financing for anything bigger than s CB250....
 
joega_imp said:
Why Honda is getting or trying to get 10 grand for a $8500 motorcycle I will never know (look at Honda prices across the board):(:-/ ,I will wait for Yammie FZ9 @ $7990 msrp
Oh, my. Not even close. That Yamaha is just another of those modern, insect-looking, generic bikes. Doesn't speak to me at all. It might be a competent ride, but no soul whatsoever. And that is what a motorcycle must have for me to love it, and worth a premium.

I find it so ironic that something like the CB1100 - a beautiful, proper motorcycle - has become a niche market.

joega, I don't think your baiting will work very well. Too many classy individuals on this forum. Hence the taste in bikes...
 
When I started looking at bikes after a 15 year break I saw a Suzuki naked that was very good looking. Headed to the dealer to find out how much; $8K. When I left bikes that was Goldwing territory. Very well appointed Goldwing territory.

So you can imagine I've had to adjust my price scale (this took a couple years). So today, the CB1100 at $10K is a very good deal. There are cheaper bikes and there are more expensive bikes. Compared to what is available she is not over priced at all. But hey, it's your money, make your choices based on what you like and your comfort level. There are a lot of good bikes out there today (inspite of many being uglier than sin; but hey, that is just my opinion and internet opinions are worth what you pay for them) and I think the hardest thing is limiting yourself to just one.

Then there are the used bikes that can be had that will run for a very long time if you do your part. Many bikes built from the late 70's on will last to 200,000 miles easy if you are vigilant with maintenance (and I suspect longer) and treat them with respect. The quality, for the most part, is there.
 
Firstfour_imp said:
joega_imp said:
Why Honda is getting or trying to get 10 grand for a $8500 motorcycle I will never know (look at Honda prices across the board):(:-/ ,I will wait for Yammie FZ9 @ $7990 msrp
Oh, my. Not even close. That Yamaha is just another of those modern, insect-looking, generic bikes. Doesn't speak to me at all. It might be a competent ride, but no soul whatsoever. And that is what a motorcycle must have for me to love it, and worth a premium.

I find it so ironic that something like the CB1100 - a beautiful, proper motorcycle - has become a niche market.

joega, I don't think your baiting will work very well. Too many classy individuals on this forum. Hence the taste in bikes...
Oh, my. Not even close. That Yamaha is just another of those modern, insect-looking, generic bikes. Doesn't speak to me at all. It might be a competent ride, but no soul whatsoever. And that is what a motorcycle must have for me to love it, and worth a premium.

I find it so ironic that something like the CB1100 - a beautiful, proper motorcycle - has become a niche market.

joega, I don't think your baiting will work very well. Too many classy individuals on this forum. Hence the taste in bikes...
Firstfour, I couldn't have said it better. The FZ9 is just another cookie-cutter, butt-in-the-air clone (I liked your insect comment). I would pay much more than 10K to get a bike that is as good as the CB11, not counting it's drop dead good looks.

I can see why a bike like the FZ9 is low priced. It's the only way they can get people to buy them. I guess when they get old enough to know better, clone riders will also have more money to spend. But, it and other clones would be at the bottom of my list, regardless of price.
 
I bought the abs CB1100 model and I think that they are worth every cent of that.A high quality bike with great brakes,clutch and transmission and very high quality components.I hope that they will bring out a 2014 black model with silver engine and all silver wheels.I will than buy that one in a heartbeat.I own also a 94 and 95 CB1000,I heard that Honda only sold 750 of them over a 2 year period (not confirmed by Honda) and I think that they already sold more of the CB1100 by now.I will go my the dealer in W NC this week were I bought my bike,perhaps they can put some pressure on Honda to bring out a 2014 model as well.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I bought the abs CB1100 model and I think that they are worth every cent of that.A high quality bike with great brakes,clutch and transmission and very high quality components.I hope that they will bring out a 2014 black model with silver engine and all silver wheels.I will than buy that one in a heartbeat.I own also a 94 and 95 CB1000,I heard that Honda only sold 750 of them over a 2 year period (not confirmed by Honda) and I think that they already sold more of the CB1100 by now.I will go my the dealer in W NC this week were I bought my bike,perhaps they can put some pressure on Honda to bring out a 2014 model as well.
Houtman, I'll be standing in line with you for that black bike with the silver engine and wheels.;)
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I bought the abs CB1100 model and I think that they are worth every cent of that.A high quality bike with great brakes,clutch and transmission and very high quality components.I hope that they will bring out a 2014 black model with silver engine and all silver wheels.I will than buy that one in a heartbeat.I own also a 94 and 95 CB1000,I heard that Honda only sold 750 of them over a 2 year period (not confirmed by Honda) and I think that they already sold more of the CB1100 by now.I will go my the dealer in W NC this week were I bought my bike,perhaps they can put some pressure on Honda to bring out a 2014 model as well.
Houtman, I'll be standing in line with you for that black bike with the silver engine and wheels.;)
Houtman, I'll be standing in line with you for that black bike with the silver engine and wheels.;)
Make that three (or four after HardCharger). I'm not a big fan of the Henry Ford treatment (one color choice) but ironically, I would like to have black.

I get that the U.S. market is small by comparison to Asia and Europe. But watching every other market have three color choices is getting old. The strategy so far seems to be having new non-current models available in the different color. They keep production up so next year they have red and (hopefully) black.

I'm not an FZ-09 hater, though. Seems like a good combination of power, weight and price point. Looks aside, if they get the build quality right, it could be a hell of a bike. By the way, they offer it in two colors! In the U.S.!
 
I actually like the concept of the FZ9. I just don't happen to like the styling. Kind of like the Kawaski Versys. A seemingly geat bike, but it sure isn't going to win any awards for its looks.

Here's hoping Honda brings back the CB1100 in more colors for 2014 for all those still holding out! (Thankfully, I'll be sticking happily with my Candy Red version.)
 
For me, normally, it would be a tough decision between black or white. I might choose white if it were not for my need for black to go with my black sidecar. But, I would prefer both over the red (although it's a beautiful red!).
 
Guth_imp said:
I actually like the concept of the FZ9. I just don't happen to like the styling. Kind of like the Kawaski Versys. A seemingly geat bike, but it sure isn't going to win any awards for its looks.

Here's hoping Honda brings back the CB1100 in more colors for 2014 for all those still holding out! (Thankfully, I'll be sticking happily with my Candy Red version.)
watch your mouth when U talk about the Versys! LOL!
 
jamboa_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
I actually like the concept of the FZ9. I just don't happen to like the styling. Kind of like the Kawaski Versys. A seemingly geat bike, but it sure isn't going to win any awards for its looks.

Here's hoping Honda brings back the CB1100 in more colors for 2014 for all those still holding out! (Thankfully, I'll be sticking happily with my Candy Red version.)
watch your mouth when U talk about the Versys! LOL!
Touche.

I would probably find it easier to "overlook" the styling of the Versys if I had a bit longer inseam. :D
 
Back
Top