2014 CB1100 Now On Honda's Website!

Interesting. On the first page they say all CB1100s will have a six speed transmission. On the specifications page they talk about 5 speed transmissions for both.

I'm envious that the US is getting the new model.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Interesting. On the first page they say all CB1100s will have a six speed transmission. On the specifications page they talk about 5 speed transmissions for both.

I'm envious that the US is getting the new model.
I would think you guy's will get it as well.
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Interesting. On the first page they say all CB1100s will have a six speed transmission. On the specifications page they talk about 5 speed transmissions for both.

I'm envious that the US is getting the new model.
I would think you guy's will get it as well.
I would think you guy's will get it as well.
Not sure. We had it in 2010 and 2011 before it got to the US. But nothing since 2011. No sign of a 2014 model here.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Buffalohead_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Interesting. On the first page they say all CB1100s will have a six speed transmission. On the specifications page they talk about 5 speed transmissions for both.

I'm envious that the US is getting the new model.
I would think you guy's will get it as well.
I would think you guy's will get it as well.
Not sure. We had it in 2010 and 2011 before it got to the US. But nothing since 2011. No sign of a 2014 model here.
I didn't realize you didn't get a 2012 or 2013. Bummer!
 
Buffalohead...good find! Btw in those pics the fenders on the std look chrome to me too.

The deluxe"s tank in .5 gallon larger than the std's 3.9 or 4.4 gals, (although the spec chart lists it at 4.6).... Not 5

So the deluxe does indeed get silver mag wheels and silver engine.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Buffalohead...good find! Btw in those pics the fenders on the std look chrome to me too.

The deluxe"s tank in .5 gallon larger than the std's 3.9 or 4.4 gals, (although the spec chart lists it at 4.6).... Not 5

So the deluxe does indeed get silver mag wheels and silver engine.
Yeah, I was glad to see those chrome fenders! I looked again and what I thought was 5 gallon larger tank was .5. Too bad but in a way it's good for me because I need the black anyway and now I won't be so disappointed in the smaller tank! And, the gloss (graphite) black will look great with my sidecar, even if it's slightly different. Thanks!
 
I didn't even think about the silver engine....that sweetens it even more!
Do you think the National Cycle Deflector shield and Honda's luggage rack, both currently on my '13' will fit on the '14?
 
ride4now_imp said:
I didn't even think about the silver engine....that sweetens it even more!
Do you think the National Cycle Deflector shield and Honda's luggage rack, both currently on my '13' will fit on the '14?

I would think so.
 
Capo_imp said:
So, the 'base' model is in essence the 2013 in black...same tank, 4 into 1 exhaust. The DLX is the one with the new goodies. Nice alternatives, more in the direction of the differentiation of Guzzi and Triumph retro standards.

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/cb1100/options.aspx

Yes, although I believe they both have 6 speed transmissions (not the 5 speed listed in the spec sheet)
 
Thread starter
Capo_imp said:
So, the 'base' model is in essence the 2013 in black...same tank, 4 into 1 exhaust. The DLX is the one with the new goodies. Nice alternatives, more in the direction of the differentiation of Guzzi and Triumph retro standards.

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/cb1100/options.aspx
There is a mistake (listed in two different places) as to whether or not both models have a 6 speed vs. a 5 speed. Most likely both models have a 6 speed which would be a change from 2013.

(I didn't intend to be redundant. I didn't see Ferret's post!)
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
Capo_imp said:
So, the 'base' model is in essence the 2013 in black...same tank, 4 into 1 exhaust. The DLX is the one with the new goodies. Nice alternatives, more in the direction of the differentiation of Guzzi and Triumph retro standards.

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/cb1100/options.aspx
There is a mistake (listed in two different places) as to whether or not both models have a 6 speed vs. a 5 speed. Most likely both models have a 6 speed which would be a change from 2013.

(I didn't intend to be redundant. I didn't see Ferret's post!)
There is a mistake (listed in two different places) as to whether or not both models have a 6 speed vs. a 5 speed. Most likely both models have a 6 speed which would be a change from 2013.

(I didn't intend to be redundant. I didn't see Ferret's post!)
Like the pipes, seat, color coordinated side panels, on the Delux. Too bad no Spokes, ( however not having spoke wheels saved me from getting a 2014) Not crazy about standard model, black front fork sliders. not my cup of tea.
 
You know it's funny that the add ons dont mention revised intrumentation with gear position indicator, or fuel computer.

Gosh I like everything about the Deluxe... But am I willing to take the financial bath to get it? Tough decision.
 
$12k for the DLX model...

No cool two-tone wheels, no powdercoated engine, a lumpy tank, and no center stand. I'm not seeing the value here, aside from the improved exhaust.

If last year is any indicator, they should be at the local dealer in March.
 
Me likey the black CB, not enough to trade for it, though. I can see where some of you will look at it like a blank canvas and customize the crap out of it. Honda must be satisfied with the sales numbers or they wouldn't have brought out another model of the CB. And I'm shocked that Honda brought back the Interceptor! Maybe they're trying for a modestly priced sport-tourer like the Kawasaki Z1000. :banana:
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
$12k for the DLX model...

No cool two-tone wheels, no powdercoated engine, a lumpy tank, and no center stand. I'm not seeing the value here, aside from the improved exhaust.

If last year is any indicator, they should be at the local dealer in March.
The DLX model actually does retain the center stand. You can see it in the photo up on Honda's website.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top