2014 CB1000R

Gotta get rid of that ugly can. Also, a nice ten spoke rear rim like on the new Interceptor would be good - I haven't really ever warmed up to that swirly rear wheel. But otherwise a very good naked sportbike.
 
If I were as wealthy as you Spaceman, I'd buy a couple for Wednesday evening thrashes.

As it is I'm happy to stick with my Mr. Sensible bike, I think.:(
 
DAC_imp said:
Gotta get rid of that ugly can. Also, a nice ten spoke rear rim like on the new Interceptor would be good - I haven't really ever warmed up to that swirly rear wheel. But otherwise a very good naked sportbike.
Yeah that wheel is an eyesore...
 
I had a close look at a 2013 CB1000R, it was parked next to my CB1100 at the dealership. Price was not much different, I think it was less than a $1000 more, don't remember for sure. I was interested, but it didn't pass the "sit on it and see how it feels" test. The CB1100 nailed it.
 
davidsargee_imp said:
I had a close look at a 2013 CB1000R, it was parked next to my CB1100 at the dealership. Price was not much different, I think it was less than a $1000 more, don't remember for sure. I was interested, but it didn't pass the "sit on it and see how it feels" test. The CB1100 nailed it.

Me too, I find a lot of modern bikes to be very uncomfortable. The tanks are too damn wide, the fairings too damn bulky, and the seats are too damn small. Apart from that, they're great ,:D
 
Looks like fun to me. Why do they bother with a pillion seat?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks like fun to me. Why do they bother with a pillion seat?
I often think the same thing. And passenger pegs. If you find a girl dumb enough to climb up there, she's only going to be on long enough to get her back to your place. She might as well sit on a nice tailpiece and wrap her legs around your waist.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks like fun to me. Why do they bother with a pillion seat?
I often think the same thing. And passenger pegs. If you find a girl dumb enough to climb up there, she's only going to be on long enough to get her back to your place. She might as well sit on a nice tailpiece and wrap her legs around your waist.
I often think the same thing. And passennger pegs. If you find a girl dumb enough to climb up there, she's only going to be on long enough to get her back to your place. She might as well sit on a nice tailpiece and wrap her legs around your waist.
:) A mate of mine found a T-shirt that said on the back, "If you can read this, the cuss has fallen off." Works for bikes like this.
 
Oh too cute, could have used that shirt 40 years ago! I was 18, had a 64 sportster, chopped, racked, no frt brake (not required in those days), high compression piston, magneto, no electric start. Now that was a babe magnet! Worst bike I ever had, but the most fun. Man the vibration with the girl hanging on and pressing you know what into my back. If only I was smarter in those days. Too much of a gentleman. Looking back my father never said a thing about mr riding, but I'm sure he did not like it, but being in the military at the time it was the least of his worries for his only son.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
good disk brakes can get that girl a little closer!

I had a girl friend many years ago that loved the vibration from my '66 Triumph Bonneville but I won't go in to explaining why.
 
HondaJon_imp said:
I looked at one and remembered why I sold my B-King. Spent way too much time with Mr. Hyde....
Wow that is a big change going from a Bking to a CB 1100 but I can understand getting something more practical with real world power. As you know the bkings power is very easy to use and feels tame if you baby it but it rips into the triple digits effortlessly with a flick of the wrist. I've had some crazy times on mine and will likely never give it up. The cb1000r is an excellent machine, would like to see Honda bring in the cb1300 to round out their big four standard collection.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Looks like fun to me. Why do they bother with a pillion seat?
I often think the same thing. And passenger pegs. If you find a girl dumb enough to climb up there, she's only going to be on long enough to get her back to your place. She might as well sit on a nice tailpiece and wrap her legs around your waist.
I often think the same thing. And passenger pegs. If you find a girl dumb enough to climb up there, she's only going to be on long enough to get her back to your place. She might as well sit on a nice tailpiece and wrap her legs around your waist.
Well guys, I actually just traded my CB1100 in on one of these. The 1100 just wasn't doing it for me any more, since I've always had sport bikes I wanted something more sporty. And since I can't afford two bikes at a time I had to do what I had to do. I love CB1000R, but I was a bit worried about the wife not being happy on the back. Yesterday was her first ride on it, and believe it or not she says it's actually more comfortable than the 1100 to her. I'll miss the 1100, but I couldn't be happier with the new bike. I've got a lot of CB1100 stock parts out in the shop that I took off and replaced with after market stuff, I need to post them here or on EBay I guess. I still be hanging around, a lot of very knowledgable people on here.
 
Hey if a particular bike calls you, I say answer the phone. Congrats Gixxerman!

Feel free to hang around and tell us about the CBR
 
thessler3_imp said:
good disk brakes can get that girl a little closer!

I had a girl friend many years ago that loved the vibration from my '66 Triumph Bonneville but I won't go in to explaining why.
Maybe it was because she could get across the finish line before you took the bike out of neutral.
 
I had a dealer that was nice enough to let me test ride one of these and the 1100 to compare.
I really had my heart set on this CB1000R, very high tech, all the cool stuff, 130 hp, it is a true rocket!
But it just wasn't comfortable for my old body and I decided I didn't really need to ride wheelies any more so I came home with the CB1100std ;-)
 
Hider man, congratulations. What Ferret said, really. I can only afford one bike too and I'd do the same thing if the need arose.

Enjoy the CBR, stick around and tell us about it.
 
Back
Top