2014 Black Standard CB1100 w/ Road Comet 1

JPX_imp said:
I wasn't sure what the black unpainted coating would look like, so I spent the extra $40 to make sure it was painted in the same color code as the tank.
Ok. Thanks. I didn't realize you could have it painted black also. I'm going to email Mr. T tonight and ask and confirm.
 
Thread starter
Sure, no problem. NHB01 Graphite Black is the color code and paint name for the US made 2014 Standard.
 
Very nice. I actually think the Kimja grab rail looks better on the black one next to the passenger grab rails than it does on the ones with the silver grab rails. Side cover emblems look good.
 
Thread starter
That was my biggest concern when I was thinking about adding a grab bar. I was wavering between getting a black or chrome one as I wasn't sure if the silver would clash next to the black passenger handles. It turned out better than I was expecting though.

I like how the one I got turns down on the ends into the shock assembly because I was also looking at the Hurricane branded one; Wasn't a fan of how they're straight on the ends and shorter as well. Hurricane Grab Bar
 
Yes definitely good choice on the grab rail

And I must add

Another angel gets her wings :angel: ;)
 
Thread starter
Installed my Vizitec SupaBrake II Brake Modulator tonight.

http://www.vizi-tec.com/supabrake-2/


It came with connectors pre-wired on each end so that it installs directly in line with the rear brake electrical harness. The harness can be found by removing the seat and the tool box tray on top of the battery. It's the one with the white connectors.

Here's a quick summary of what it does:
[ul] [li]Upon applying the brake, the unit will send a burst of pulses to the vehicle's brake light. The duration of the burst is a function of the time elapsed between the current braking cycle and the previous brake cycle. After this initial burst, the unit allows the brake light to function normally as a solid brake light when reapplied within the grace period.[/li] [li]Tap - The rider can tap the brakes without inducing the pulse routine.[/li] [li]Force Flash - When at a stop, the flash routine can be triggered by releasing and re-applying the brake within 1/2 second.[/li] [li]10 Profiles to choose from which are a combination of how fast the brake pulses (Frequency) and how long it's been since the routine last happened (Algorithm). Profile #1 disables the Supabrake and allows the brakes to function normally.
[/li][/ul]
I am using the default Profile #6 which pulses the brakes 7 times in a little less than a second.


I also had a chance to install my oxygen sensor eliminator tonight while I had my exhaust and header off. It came with a threaded plug and copper washer that gets installed where the oxygen sensor was. The oxygen sensor cable plug is located behind the right side cover.

It was purchased from Ging999 on Ebay for $22 (shipped from Great Britain). Manufacturer is Redlinesuperbikes

My understanding is that it uses a resistor to set the bike's ECU to an optimal, steady state air/fuel ratio by removing the feedback loop that the O2 sensor provided for meeting EPA emission regulations at low RPM's. Hopefully the jerky throttle response during initial take off should disappear.

Update from this morning's commute: The jerky throttle response when starting from a stop has been 100% eliminated. Such a joy to get rid of that initial sputter when getting going.

 
Josiah_Hurt_imp said:
Where did you get the aluminum coated headers? I can't stand how dirty the stock pipes look


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im curious if they will discolor (similar to the stock pipes)? keep us posted if you can..tks
 
jrns_imp said:
Josiah_Hurt_imp said:
Where did you get the aluminum coated headers? I can't stand how dirty the stock pipes look


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im curious if they will discolor (similar to the stock pipes)? keep us posted if you can..tks
Where did you get the aluminum coated headers? I can't stand how dirty the stock pipes look


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im curious if they will discolor (similar to the stock pipes)? keep us posted if you can..tks
I'm sure they will but the difference, I think, is that you can clean and shine these right back up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
jrns, I'm a big fan of the Moriwaki. I didn't really see any other exhausts that caught my eye except for the super pricey ones like the Wyverns. The only other reasonably price exhaust that I had considered was the SP Tadao Megaphone. The tone is pretty deep as you can tell by the video; I like that it does not make the bike sound like an inline four sportbike. I honestly can't even hear them when I'm riding above 20MPH as the wind noise drowns it out.

Josiah, I had mine aluminum-ceramic coated locally by a place called M&R Coating for $175. If you can't find anything local, there is also a company called Jet Hot that can coat your header if you mail it in to them. They quoted me $215 and you pay shipping costs both ways.

Ceramic Header & Exhaust Coating | Jet-Hot
 
jrns_imp said:
Josiah_Hurt_imp said:
Where did you get the aluminum coated headers? I can't stand how dirty the stock pipes look


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im curious if they will discolor (similar to the stock pipes)? keep us posted if you can..tks
I don't believe so. I had a ceramic coated header on my FZ1, and it never looked any different over the time I had the bike.
 
Thread starter
My understanding is that they will only discolor if they get to a certain temperature. I think what I read is that the aluminum floats to the outer surface of the coating during bake out, so there should be a barrier of ceramic (that withstands up to 1400F) between the aluminum skin and the bare stainless steel of the actual header.
 
Thread starter
c-breezy_imp said:
I just found this thread and hot dang, your header looks fantastic! How has the new finish been holding up so far?
Hi, the finish still looks good after 6 months of use. No signs of any browning whatsoever. I highly recommend it if you don't like the look of browned headers.

Jeff, it only took about 1-2 days for them to ship it and then an additional 3-4 days for overseas shipping and to get through customs. Well worth the wait.
 
Jeff, There is a chance you will get it Monday. Maybe Tuesday. The Japan PO delivers it to the airport in Toyko (and Mr. T is right by the airport). It sits until the flight (in my case to NY). Around 12 or so hours later the plane is in NY and the package will clear customs quickly. Usually the next day the PO deliveres it. It could take a little longer as JPX says, but it will not take very long.

It's unreal to me the stuff from Mr. T arrives faster than stuff I order in the states.
 
JPX_imp said:
c-breezy_imp said:
I just found this thread and hot dang, your header looks fantastic! How has the new finish been holding up so far?
Hi, the finish still looks good after 6 months of use. No signs of any browning whatsoever. I highly recommend it if you don't like the look of browned headers.

Jeff, it only took about 1-2 days for them to ship it and then an additional 3-4 days for overseas shipping and to get through customs. Well worth the wait.
Good to hear! I don't really mind the browned header that much, but dang it, that just looks so good haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top