2014 Bike Of the Year Voting

seems like a popularity contest rather than being judged on specific criteria that would be used to designate something as best in 2014...kinda like....most innovative, biggest improvement, best all around, etc.
 
Last year the CB 1100 came in second place, by just a small margin. Considering the small sales of the unit, I'd say it impressed quite a few people that didn't buy them.
 
yes ...hmm wonder what I voted for? New Harley Superglide? No.. New Vasserboxer trail bike? no.. new CB 1100 dlx? Ya!
 
I was going to vote, but apparently only US citizens are eligible.

But you can guess how I would have voted.
 
Keep in mind that MOTY status usually means huge sale numbers either that year or the following. We might lose the exclusivity of such a small-market bike.

The DLX is cool, but I voted for the Interceptor.
 
To be honest...not so sure I would vote for the CB this year, last year when it was new, yes. But I like to think the criteria for bike of the year includes new innovation or style.....not sure when many of those bikes came out, I like some of the high power street fighter type bikes, BMW S1000R, KTM 1290 SuperDuke R, maybe even electric Zeroes if they have not been out before?
 
Back
Top