PowerDubs_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
It is interesting & cool. Imagine a motorcycle manufacturer that’s had a model out since 2010, and they’re still reviewing engineering perspectives... and making changes. Good chance it might also be the tighter European emission standards.DaSwami_imp said:Interesting...

Is that the effect of the TSR plate?PowerDubs_imp said:Yea- negating any resonance tuning of the entire thing.
I'm pretty sure you would see a loss on the dyno- especially if it was lower/mid rpm and part throttle.
Can you please explain what a TSR plate is?PowerDubs_imp said:I actually think the TSR plate could hurt, but the dyno will tell.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, this part serves several purposes:PowerDubs_imp said:If you are implying this part is strictly for sound deadening, I can assure you there is more to it than that.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also chuckled regarding the HiFlo name...with no flow data. OTOH, finding CFM data for most K&N filters is difficult.PowerDubs_imp said:I am amused at a company called Hi Flo, admitting in writing that they have no data and are no better.
I agree I do not expect the air filter to be any restriction whatsoever.
Initial dyno date has been set for Tuesday June 5th. I will be doing a baseline (stock w/ Staintune muffler) and then putting on the '17 snorkel and the TSR plate to see any differences as the bike sits.
Thank youLongRanger_imp said:Doc, great read and very insightful. Thanks for posting.
SportsterDoc_imp said:I also chuckled regarding the HiFlo name...with no flow data. OTOH, finding CFM data for most K&N filters is difficult.PowerDubs_imp said:I am amused at a company called Hi Flo, admitting in writing that they have no data and are no better.
I agree I do not expect the air filter to be any restriction whatsoever.
Initial dyno date has been set for Tuesday June 5th. I will be doing a baseline (stock w/ Staintune muffler) and then putting on the '17 snorkel and the TSR plate to see any differences as the bike sits.
Wonder if the Staintune will give a better read with the TSR plate than a stock muffler?