2013 vs. 2014

The ferret_imp said:
Tank knee pads
Exactly. Just looks right to me. Scanning through all the threads here, over the past few weeks, I have noted several individuals attempting the modification, but none yet have looked right to me.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Damfino_imp said:
Quote:As much as I like the new digital dash, I also like the retro look of the instruments on the '13...
The instruments on the 14 are the same as the 13. They just added a little more (gear indicator, etc.) to the digital cluster in between them. Not much of a change really.
The instruments on the 14 are the same as the 13. They just added a little more (gear indicator, etc.) to the digital cluster in between them. Not much of a change really.

Gauges on my dlx are completely different than they were on my 13

Yea you missed quite a bit Papa bit maybe not enough to sway you, and besides that's not what I am trying to do. You can put them in the pros or cons coulumns as you see fit.

6 speed transmission, lower cruising rpms and better gas mileage
Polished master cyl covers for brake and clutch
Polished passenger grab rails
Polished top triple tree
Chrome bars ends instead of black
Repositioned headlight
Smaller turn signals
Fuel computer
Gear indicator although the last two may be included in the the digital gauges you mentioned
Extra weight includes the ability to go from 20 to 40 miles further on a tank of gas
Chrome head pipes that will never bronze or brown spot
The instruments on the 14 are the same as the 13. They just added a little more (gear indicator, etc.) to the digital cluster in between them. Not much of a change really.

Gauges on my dlx are completely different than they were on my 13
Did they swap out the position of the speedo & tach? Besides the speedo not going to 140 on the '14, how are they different? (I'm not talking about the little digital cluster between the gauges...)
 
My 14
8d6bff8e9239c835991867f37c17fec8.jpg

My 13
8fc328c342c8fe9f064d85a65a535cd8.jpg


Dash lights are in instruments on 14, numbers are different, colors are different, dual lines in one, single line in other, one goes to 120, one to 140, one has chrome edge, the other black edge, one has white sweep arms, one has red sweep arms, 14 has chrome buttons in center, 13 has black buttons..I think they are different sizes as well

I'll give to they are in the same locations
 
The ferret_imp said:
My 14
8d6bff8e9239c835991867f37c17fec8.jpg

My 13
8fc328c342c8fe9f064d85a65a535cd8.jpg


Dash lights are in instruments on 14, numbers are different, colors are different, dual lines in one, single line in other, one goes to 120, one to 140, one has chrome edge, the other black edge, one has white sweep arms, one has red sweep arms, 14 has chrome buttons in center, 13 has black buttons..I think they are different sizes as well

I'll give to they are in the same locations
I guess it's just apples & oranges to me, Mickey. I understand that there is slight nuances in the design but it's still the same classic layout. ;) (I'll add that I prefer the black instead of the chrome bezels, but then I am probably biased...)
 
Well yea I agree, other than those 10 things I pointed out, they are exactly the same lol

I do think the 13 gauges fit the retro theme better
 
DGShannon_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tank knee pads
Exactly. Just looks right to me. Scanning through all the threads here, over the past few weeks, I have noted several individuals attempting the modification, but none yet have looked right to me.
Exactly. Just looks right to me. Scanning through all the threads here, over the past few weeks, I have noted several individuals attempting the modification, but none yet have looked right to me.
Tell me, are the headers and exhaust photoshopped or is the design so different on that bike? Is the canister built in? Damping adjustment on rear shocks with progressive rate springs? Rear calliper? Any more?

Cheers
 
The more I look at it the weirder it gets. Headlight brackets. And more. Aaaaargh! Gimme the real world.

Cheers

And some advice for the tireless photo editors. Please re-size so I can read the text in the posts. Where are my spectacles? :)
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tank knee pads
Exactly. Just looks right to me. Scanning through all the threads here, over the past few weeks, I have noted several individuals attempting the modification, but none yet have looked right to me.
Exactly. Just looks right to me. Scanning through all the threads here, over the past few weeks, I have noted several individuals attempting the modification, but none yet have looked right to me.
Tell me, are the headers and exhaust photoshopped or is the design so different on that bike? Is the canister built in? Damping adjustment on rear shocks with progressive rate springs? Rear calliper? Any more?

Cheers
Only the the knee pads, on the tank. All of the rest is how Honda originally presented the concept, at the motorcycle show. I fell in love at that very moment. As with most show vehicles, a lot if it (as you are noticing) didn't translate into production. But, the fact that we have to look twice, or three times, reflects how well they actually did. Those pipes were far more CB400, and I wish they had made it.

Here are the original remember the prototype CB1100? photos, including a 3/4 view.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
Pterodactyl_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Tank knee pads
Exactly. Just looks right to me. Scanning through all the threads here, over the past few weeks, I have noted several individuals attempting the modification, but none yet have looked right to me.
Exactly. Just looks right to me. Scanning through all the threads here, over the past few weeks, I have noted several individuals attempting the modification, but none yet have looked right to me.
Tell me, are the headers and exhaust photoshopped or is the design so different on that bike? Is the canister built in? Damping adjustment on rear shocks with progressive rate springs? Rear calliper? Any more?

Cheers
Only the the knee pads, on the tank. All of the rest is how Honda originally presented the concept, at the motorcycle show. I fell in love at that very moment. As with most show vehicles, a lot if it (as you are noticing) didn't translate into production. But, the fact that we have to look twice, or three times, reflects how well they actually did. Those pipes were far more CB400, and I wish they had made it.

Here are the original remember the prototype CB1100? photos, including a 3/4 view.
Only the the knee pads, on the tank. All of the rest is how Honda originally presented the concept, at the motorcycle show. I fell in love at that very moment. As with most show vehicles, a lot if it (as you are noticing) didn't translate into production. But, the fact that we have to look twice, or three times, reflects how well they actually did. Those pipes were far more CB400, and I wish they had made it.

Here are the original remember the prototype CB1100? photos, including a 3/4 view.
Interesting. Maybe Honda realised the market for retro standard was difficult at a price above that of the W650/800 and the Bonnie and consequently built the CB down from the concept. In Oz the RRP for the '10 model was AUD15000 plus on road costs. To give you an idea, that was when AUD and USD were on parity. The CB did not sell as well as the Kwaka or the Trumpy. In fact it bombed and was withdrawn from the Oz market while the other two still trickle out of the dealerships.

Cheers.
 
Thread starter
DGShannon_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I could have bought either a '13 or a '14. I chose the '13 because I really like the overall look better, the wheels, the 1/2 black engine. The smaller side covers. The only concern I had was would I be riding and looking for a 6th gear like I do with my Honda NT? Well, the NT is a two cylinder, so the revs are higher. I do not look for a 6th at all on my CB. The revs are fine where I cruise at, and I have no vibrations at all. Even if I had bought a '13 without seeing a '14 and I later lusted after a '14, no way would I part with an extra $5500 just to get one. I work too hard for my money. Just me. YMMV.

I didn't need the extra polished stuff or a gear indicator.

Gear indicator? .... Oh-oh, here it comes....Really, you guys wanted a gear indicator? Real motorcyclists don't need such a thing, it serves no legitimate purpose at all. Listen to your motor. Look at your speed. Figure it out for yourself. Next thing I'll probably hear you say is you wish it had those little dash marks on the speedo that tells you when to shift! Puhleeeze!
Exactly the same here. Both models available at the dealer. To me, the 13 is just looks slightly better. I may be odd man out, but I love the silver side covers with the red tank. Maybe because that was the way the original prototype looked, several years back. I still have the downloaded image on my computer today. In fact, I edited it to add the one thing I thought was missing from the design. Can y'all spot my Photoshop (actually Xara) add on?
That sir, is frackin' gorgeous! Very sporty. I like that a lot.
 
I call the 2013 model; the Classic.

Then you have that new fangled high falootin' 2014. Which is fine if you like all that new stuff....... (I'm trying to convince myself the 2013 is just fine). Laam seat is on the way back to me, hope to test it out this weekend.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I could have bought either a '13 or a '14. I chose the '13 because I really like the overall look better, the wheels, the 1/2 black engine. The smaller side covers. The only concern I had was would I be riding and looking for a 6th gear like I do with my Honda NT? Well, the NT is a two cylinder, so the revs are higher. I do not look for a 6th at all on my CB. The revs are fine where I cruise at, and I have no vibrations at all. Even if I had bought a '13 without seeing a '14 and I later lusted after a '14, no way would I part with an extra $5500 just to get one. I work too hard for my money. Just me. YMMV.

I didn't need the extra polished stuff or a gear indicator.

Gear indicator? .... Oh-oh, here it comes....Really, you guys wanted a gear indicator? Real motorcyclists don't need such a thing, it serves no legitimate purpose at all. Listen to your motor. Look at your speed. Figure it out for yourself. Next thing I'll probably hear you say is you wish it had those little dash marks on the speedo that tells you when to shift! Puhleeeze!
Exactly the same here. Both models available at the dealer. To me, the 13 is just looks slightly better. I may be odd man out, but I love the silver side covers with the red tank. Maybe because that was the way the original prototype looked, several years back. I still have the downloaded image on my computer today. In fact, I edited it to add the one thing I thought was missing from the design. Can y'all spot my Photoshop (actually Xara) add on?
That sir, is frackin' gorgeous! Very sporty. I like that a lot.
That sir, is frackin' gorgeous! Very sporty. I like that a lot.
Rboe_imp said:
I call the 2013 model; the Classic.

Then you have that new fangled high falootin' 2014. Which is fine if you like all that new stuff....... (I'm trying to convince myself the 2013 is just fine). Laam seat is on the way back to me, hope to test it out this weekend.

The '10 model. The Original, and the best. :celebrate: The rest are sorta like Diet Coke. Better don the flak jacket.

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I could have bought either a '13 or a '14. I chose the '13 because I really like the overall look better, the wheels, the 1/2 black engine. The smaller side covers. The only concern I had was would I be riding and looking for a 6th gear like I do with my Honda NT? Well, the NT is a two cylinder, so the revs are higher. I do not look for a 6th at all on my CB. The revs are fine where I cruise at, and I have no vibrations at all. Even if I had bought a '13 without seeing a '14 and I later lusted after a '14, no way would I part with an extra $5500 just to get one. I work too hard for my money. Just me. YMMV.

I didn't need the extra polished stuff or a gear indicator.

Gear indicator? .... Oh-oh, here it comes....Really, you guys wanted a gear indicator? Real motorcyclists don't need such a thing, it serves no legitimate purpose at all. Listen to your motor. Look at your speed. Figure it out for yourself. Next thing I'll probably hear you say is you wish it had those little dash marks on the speedo that tells you when to shift! Puhleeeze!
Exactly the same here. Both models available at the dealer. To me, the 13 is just looks slightly better. I may be odd man out, but I love the silver side covers with the red tank. Maybe because that was the way the original prototype looked, several years back. I still have the downloaded image on my computer today. In fact, I edited it to add the one thing I thought was missing from the design. Can y'all spot my Photoshop (actually Xara) add on?
That sir, is frackin' gorgeous! Very sporty. I like that a lot.
That sir, is frackin' gorgeous! Very sporty. I like that a lot.
Rboe_imp said:
I call the 2013 model; the Classic.

Then you have that new fangled high falootin' 2014. Which is fine if you like all that new stuff....... (I'm trying to convince myself the 2013 is just fine). Laam seat is on the way back to me, hope to test it out this weekend.

The '10 model. The Original, and the best. :celebrate: The rest are sorta like Diet Coke. Better don the flak jacket.

Cheers
That sir, is frackin' gorgeous! Very sporty. I like that a lot.
Rboe_imp said:
I call the 2013 model; the Classic.

Then you have that new fangled high falootin' 2014. Which is fine if you like all that new stuff....... (I'm trying to convince myself the 2013 is just fine). Laam seat is on the way back to me, hope to test it out this weekend.

The '10 model. The Original, and the best. :celebrate: The rest are sorta like Diet Coke. Better don the flak jacket.

Cheers
:rofl:
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
I could have bought either a '13 or a '14. I chose the '13 because I really like the overall look better, the wheels, the 1/2 black engine. The smaller side covers. The only concern I had was would I be riding and looking for a 6th gear like I do with my Honda NT? Well, the NT is a two cylinder, so the revs are higher. I do not look for a 6th at all on my CB. The revs are fine where I cruise at, and I have no vibrations at all. Even if I had bought a '13 without seeing a '14 and I later lusted after a '14, no way would I part with an extra $5500 just to get one. I work too hard for my money. Just me. YMMV.

I didn't need the extra polished stuff or a gear indicator.

Gear indicator? .... Oh-oh, here it comes....Really, you guys wanted a gear indicator? Real motorcyclists don't need such a thing, it serves no legitimate purpose at all. Listen to your motor. Look at your speed. Figure it out for yourself. Next thing I'll probably hear you say is you wish it had those little dash marks on the speedo that tells you when to shift! Puhleeeze!
Exactly the same here. Both models available at the dealer. To me, the 13 is just looks slightly better. I may be odd man out, but I love the silver side covers with the red tank. Maybe because that was the way the original prototype looked, several years back. I still have the downloaded image on my computer today. In fact, I edited it to add the one thing I thought was missing from the design. Can y'all spot my Photoshop (actually Xara) add on?
That sir, is frackin' gorgeous! Very sporty. I like that a lot.
That sir, is frackin' gorgeous! Very sporty. I like that a lot.
Rboe_imp said:
I call the 2013 model; the Classic.

Then you have that new fangled high falootin' 2014. Which is fine if you like all that new stuff....... (I'm trying to convince myself the 2013 is just fine). Laam seat is on the way back to me, hope to test it out this weekend.

The '10 model. The Original, and the best. :celebrate: The rest are sorta like Diet Coke. Better don the flak jacket.

Cheers
And being the first you I hope you have the bug repellent handy.....those are always the worst.....bugs into everything. :P
 
Which means that the 2011 must be the cream of the crop. :celebrate:
 
Ya'll are missing the point entirely !

You buy the bike that is closest to what you like and (one of my favorite words) MODIFY it !!!

I don't want to go buy a bike and leave it just like everyone elses......

Nor do I like riding the same thing every day, probobly why I'm up to ten bikes...... (geez, time to sell one....)
 
Seems to me, with ten bikes, you don't know what you like..... :angel:


:D


( I used to tell my wife and friends when asked how many bikes I wanted, that ten was nice round number, now, after peaking at four, two sounds much better but I'm stuck at three for now. Royal pain keeping four in good working order :s )
 
Seems to me with 10 bikes, you're living the dream!! ;)

I'd be like Jay Leno if I had his kind of money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top