2013 CB1100 Tire Delivered with Bike

linuxology_imp said:
Could the 2013 CB1100 in US come with BattleAx tires? From what I read Dunlop was the tire.
Either or.
 
linuxology_imp said:
Could the 2013 CB1100 in US come with BattleAx tires? From what I read Dunlop was the tire.
my 2013 bike had EOM Dunlop, the front tire is at 10K (I didn't ride it for the last 3 months) and is good for another 1000 or more. I am very happy with Dunlop due to its stickiness and feedback for the road. Some swear by other brands I am happy with mine and don't want to take a chance and live with something I don't quite like for 10K miles. My rear tire is at 50% of its life. Dunlop make a newer version for this tires
 
Wow, that's quite the lifetime you get out of that tire.. I wonder if I should try those next time around.

I've stuck with the BT-54s that came stock. I'm at about 11k total and changing the front tire for the second time, and decided I'd go ahead and change the rear while I'm at it though it has about 1mm left before hitting the wear indicator.
 
Wow, You know I was at 15,000 when I replaced my first BT54 on the front?
 
It seems to vary quite a bit. My front BT54 was bald at 6,000 mi. I opted to replace it with a PR3. The rear still looks nearly new at 7,500 mi.

Historically, I've always tended to wear out rear Sport Touring type tires about twice as fast as the front tires. These stock BT54s seem backwards to me.
 
The fronts are extremely thin compared to the rear when new. It seems to be about a 4:1 ratio on the tread depth to me.
 
Randy B_imp said:
Wow, You know I was at 15,000 when I replaced my first BT54 on the front?
Really? I thought you replaced the front when you did the first valve job at 9k? That's still a lot of life out of the front. And I am pretty sure you ride a little more briskly than I do.

Maybe I can do better if I am a little more picky about what pressure I run at. I do a check and inflate once in a while when it's cold but I am not extremely meticulous about it.
 
PowderToastMan_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Wow, You know I was at 15,000 when I replaced my first BT54 on the front?
Really? I thought you replaced the front when you did the first valve job at 9k? That's still a lot of life out of the front. And I am pretty sure you ride a little more briskly than I do.

Maybe I can do better if I am a little more picky about what pressure I run at. I do a check and inflate once in a while when it's cold but I am not extremely meticulous about it.
Really? I thought you replaced the front when you did the first valve job at 9k? That's still a lot of life out of the front. And I am pretty sure you ride a little more briskly than I do.

Maybe I can do better if I am a little more picky about what pressure I run at. I do a check and inflate once in a while when it's cold but I am not extremely meticulous about it.
You know what, you're right. I had some life left, but I replaced it anyway because getting tires at that time was not easy. I got 15,000 out of the rear.
 
About 9K each is what I got out of 2 sets of the Dunlops. I went with the Michelin PR3s this last time.
 
Randy B_imp said:
PowderToastMan_imp said:
Randy B_imp said:
Wow, You know I was at 15,000 when I replaced my first BT54 on the front?
Really? I thought you replaced the front when you did the first valve job at 9k? That's still a lot of life out of the front. And I am pretty sure you ride a little more briskly than I do.

Maybe I can do better if I am a little more picky about what pressure I run at. I do a check and inflate once in a while when it's cold but I am not extremely meticulous about it.
Really? I thought you replaced the front when you did the first valve job at 9k? That's still a lot of life out of the front. And I am pretty sure you ride a little more briskly than I do.

Maybe I can do better if I am a little more picky about what pressure I run at. I do a check and inflate once in a while when it's cold but I am not extremely meticulous about it.
You know what, you're right. I had some life left, but I replaced it anyway because getting tires at that time was not easy. I got 15,000 out of the rear.
Really? I thought you replaced the front when you did the first valve job at 9k? That's still a lot of life out of the front. And I am pretty sure you ride a little more briskly than I do.

Maybe I can do better if I am a little more picky about what pressure I run at. I do a check and inflate once in a while when it's cold but I am not extremely meticulous about it.
You know what, you're right. I had some life left, but I replaced it anyway because getting tires at that time was not easy. I got 15,000 out of the rear.
I could maybe get another couple thousand out of the rear but I figure I will just change it every other front change :thumbsup: Maybe next cycle around I will think about trying another brand if it seems like there is any benefit. It's probably not just about lifespan of the tires though.. would be kind of a bummer to switch to something else and not like it but then feel stuck for a while!
 
Back
Top