2013 6 speed

1100rider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I wonder if you could take a 2014 6 speed shifting drum (spool) and insert it into the 2013 housing to get 6 speeds? Just use the gears and shifters to convert to 6 speed . I wonder if they would fit? Coould be an fairly inexpensive way to get 6 speeds.
 
Deanohh_imp said:
I wonder how I'd look with Mel Gibson's hair.
Old and racist :rofl:

Ron no that wouldn't work which is what Deanohh was trying to say
 
Thread starter
Who is Ron and Mel Gibsons hair ? Since the engine was not changed the transmission housing might be the same and they just added an extra gear somewhere along the gear cluster so it might fit into the 2013 transmission housing and work.
 
I have no idea where I came up with Ron. :huh:

I thought you asked about just getting a drum out of a 6 speed and using it to get 6 speeds, and without having the gear cluster, shims etc, Just sticking a drum in isn't going to give you a 6 speed.

If you had the drum and gear cluster plus all the shims and shift forks (some of which are undoubtedly already in there) in might work. Working back and forth with the 2013 and 2014 micro fiches or parts diagrams will tell you what is different and what is needed.
 
2013:
CRANKCASE SET
11000-MGC-920


2014:
CRANKCASE SET
11000-MGC-920


The cases are not the same. Nice thought, but they had to change the casting to get the extra gear in there.
 
Red Mist_imp said:
Spaceman be right. I'd like to see the actual gear ratios, if anyone's got 'em. Final drive ratio, too. Meguesses that the '14 likely is geared just a tad lower in the first five gears and a tad higher in the sixth, to provide good acceleration as the bike is more heavier, and also targeted toward touring a bit more. That means a passenger, luggage, and so on.

But if you want lower revs, the simple mod is to do sprockets. The thing's got all the torque in the world.
And SuperSprox will happily machine up a set of sprockets at any tooth count you'd like. Not cheap, but the one I got for my Vee wore out two chains and was still usable when I sold the bike.

Supersprox USA
 
Guth_imp said:
Remembering lessons learned, specs published on the web should be taken with a grain of salt. The Honda Japan site also shows the EX as having a bit more horsepower and a bit less torque than the Standard model. No idea if this is truly the case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the street, I'll take torque over horsepower any day...don't have a need to be pushing the rev limiter much these days.
The ferret_imp said:
Changing sprockets would be a lot more practical than messing around with tranny gears...and all the money saved could go to better bang-for-the-buck upgrades (like Ohlins for example.) Hmm, I may have just talked myself into something here!
 
meowguy_imp said:
My left foot would be a lot happier if I had another gear. Let me know when you figure it out. Maybe Honda will issue a "hardware update", like 2013 CB1100 1.1.
My left foot would be a lot happier if I had another gear. Let me know when you figure it out. Maybe Honda will issue a "hardware update", like 2013 CB110 1.1.
The Honda manual has a fix for this in the Troubleshooting Section.

"Cut off yor reft foot!" :D
 
Back
Top