2007 CB750 Japan Release Only

Thread starter
Kind of a lost gem to the U.S. market, but I think we'd see a lot of these done up as naked street fighters if we had our way with them.
 
Thread starter
I think their body styling is an homage to how the CBs started looking when they went to DOHC. My 79 CB750-F had that look and the '07 looks like just a beefier version.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
No doubt, nice looking machines. But I actually prefer the lines of our CB11s.
+1

Back in 2007 I would have been all over that. Seeing it now compared to the latest styling, I definitely prefer my 2014.
 
That was the model I felt Honda should have made instead of the Nighthawk. Would have loved to have owned one but I'm happy with the CB1100 design.
 
Thread starter
@hb9400: Spot on...the Nighthawk was an alright looking bike, but I think Honda would've fared much better with the CB750 design (calling it whatever they want, just make it look like the 750).
 
They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.

I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :

12c36588634ccf71a9b6f73488a84285.jpg


Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for clearing that up Flynrider. My knowledge only goes so far with bikes outside of the U.S. That '08 model looks darn good though. Would have definitely considered that model if i was buying in '08.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.

I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :

12c36588634ccf71a9b6f73488a84285.jpg


Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
Looks like the 79 CBX paint job on the tank. I love that paint job.
That would have look good on our bikes too.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.

I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :

12c36588634ccf71a9b6f73488a84285.jpg


Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
That seat looks darn comfortable
 
It looks nice - but I like the looks of the current CB1100 more. That said there was no way in the world Honda was going to bring it to the US back in 07-8. You have to look at it from Honda's POV...

Sure the nighthawk was good bike, but the market changed around the turn of the millennium. Lightweight more sport orientated naked bikes like the SV650, ZR-7 were available. They spelled the death knell in the Nighthawk in the early 2000s. So to compete Honda brought in the CB919 followed by a year later with the Cb600. These bikes were basically naked versions of the previous generation cbr900rr and cbr600(f3). So they didn't have to sell in large number to be successful. If memory serves the 919 was a constant, but the 600 has come and gone..

Either way in 2007/8 Honda had these two similar bikes in the market (but with updated bits - can you say monoshock) that sold decently but weren't stellar sellers. So they weren't going to bring in a homage to the nighthawk that was bike that nobody was interested in 5 years earlier...

Glad they made the cb1100 the way it is...
 
Flynrider_imp said:
They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.

I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :

12c36588634ccf71a9b6f73488a84285.jpg


Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
That is just...beautiful.
Someone take my money, please.
I can actually see myself trading in my beloved CB11 for that - and I don't make that kind of statement easily, considering how I feel about my bike.
Just, WOW.
 
You would be better off painting your CB to look like that. I think we have a better motor and chassis.
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.

I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :

12c36588634ccf71a9b6f73488a84285.jpg


Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
That is just...beautiful.
Someone take my money, please.
I can actually see myself trading in my beloved CB11 for that - and I don't make that kind of statement easily, considering how I feel about my bike.
Just, WOW.
This is what I was looking for about 7 years ago when I realized that my old Nighthawk wasn't going to last forever. I've always leaned more toward the 750 class than the liter bikes. I still love riding my CB750. It's by far the smoothest bike I've owned.

Then along came the CB1100. Not as light or smooth as the old 750, but the upgraded power, brakes, suspension and fueling make it a pretty good replacement UJM.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
They used to sell that one in Europe as well, but the last few years it was a Japan only model. The official model designation was RC42. It was an upgraded version of the U.S. Nighthawk CB750 (RC38). The Nighthawk was a price point bike specifically aimed at the budget minded U.S. customer. The RC42 (dubbed CB SevenFifty in the Euro market) had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork and 17" wheels front and rear.

I think 2008 was the last year of production. I've got a pic of an '08 model somewhere in my files. Here it is :

12c36588634ccf71a9b6f73488a84285.jpg


Interestingly, the CB750 ended production just a year short of its 40th aniversary.
That is just...beautiful.
Someone take my money, please.
I can actually see myself trading in my beloved CB11 for that - and I don't make that kind of statement easily, considering how I feel about my bike.
Just, WOW.
This is what I was looking for about 7 years ago when I realized that my old Nighthawk wasn't going to last forever. I've always leaned more toward the 750 class than the liter bikes. I still love riding my CB750. It's by far the smoothest bike I've owned.

Then along came the CB1100. Not as light or smooth as the old 750, but the upgraded power, brakes, suspension and fueling make it a pretty good replacement UJM.
This is what I was looking for about 7 years ago when I realized that my old Nighthawk wasn't going to last forever. I've always leaned more toward the 750 class than the liter bikes. I still love riding my CB750. It's by far the smoothest bike I've owned.

Then along came the CB1100. Not as light or smooth as the old 750, but the upgraded power, brakes, suspension and fueling make it a pretty good replacement UJM.
Yeah, and I think that at this point in life, a 750-sized bike would fit me much better, too. My problem is that I want a 750 size with 1100 power. Oh, and must be as supremely comfortable as my CB1100. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top